The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Pick your battles. Unscription is worth fighting for.

Geekour

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Nov 27, 2017
TX
I am a 25 year old guy that just graduated nursing school (not at all your typical fast lane path lol). I come from a family that values education and was raised by a single mom so all I knew growing up was studying and working to keep the family going. Also I am not originally from the USA so a lot of time was spent traveling and settling. I NEVER thought about living a life free from time and script until I read both MJ's books. I was a straight A and B student before I read both books but man last year I have been so involved with this philosophy that I spent less and less time studying (eventually failing a community nursing class lol). At the end I graduated from the best school here in Texas with my BSN but I realized something, for the first time in my life I was excited about something. It wasn't finding a nursing job or graduating college. I always wanted to provide value to others which was why I decided to get into nursing in the first place but I digress. It was the idea of creating value in my life and others and living independent of time. I work night shifts in pediatric home health and this allows me more time to think about what I want to do. I intentionally chose this specialty because I wanted to make time for business as I work 12 hour shifts. Part of me feels guilty for not doing this earlier but I guess we all mature or wake up to the script at different points of life. I have a problem over analyzing things and planning. This is something I hope to break and just take a step forward, then another step, and another. Anyway that's me and I look forward to being part of the community.
Thank you for reading this :)
P.S: Any recommendations where/who to go to or follow here regarding e-commerce startups?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome my friend, glad to see the books busted the paradigm.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

samuraijack

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 27, 2014
New York, New York
I also graduated from nursing school (ASN) but I didnt sit for the NCLEX. I'm glad you finished it and got a job in the field. I went in for all the wrong reasons and like you I realized that path wouldn't provide me with what I wanted.

Difference is that you are probably making a decent salary, and you have the opportunity to learn from your experiences in the pediatric field. If you keep your eyes and ears open to problem solving, there's probably a few things you'll come across that you can provide a solution to (products & services).

Geekour

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Nov 27, 2017
TX
I went in for all the wrong reasons and like you I realized that path wouldn't provide me with what I wanted.

It's funny how much I relate to that. I got into student loan debt and it was not worth it after putting in the time. The opportunities are everywhere and college should never dictate where we wind up.

Geekour

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Nov 27, 2017
TX

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.