The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Fighting for my freedom

Edwin Fernandez

Freedom
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Feb 7, 2018
Hello everyone,

I am very thankful this forum exists. After reading Fast Lane I came here to find like minded people; people who understand when I say I would rather die than work my 9-5 cubicle(jail cell) the rest of my life.

The pain of limited freedom, like not being able to spend time with my children because I am stuck in a cubicle, finally exceeded the pain of building something on my own in my limited time aside from work/family/responsibilities...

I have pursued entrepreneurial ideas for a few years but nothing ever took off probably due to my lack of consistency, poor choices, bad influence from friends, the usual list of excuses....

But this time things are different because my children are reminding me how quickly life is passing and that I do not have the time to f*** around. If I don't take action now I will settle for massive regret in the future. I have been taking massive action, and that led me here, to this great forum.

About me: I am a full time SW Engineer, stuck in the grind of 9-5, buried in student loan debt. The guy that sits in the cube next to me is a 63 years old engineer still forced to work, he has told me, probably due to poor money management choices. Nothing against him, but I will NOT be that guy. He wants to leave but he cannot. That is slavery. My number one goal is to gain my freedom by dropping the JOB. I hope to be a shining example of MJ's philosophy. (@MJ DeMarco)

With much respect to everyone here,
Edwin

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MrShah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Jul 10, 2014
Hi Edwin,

I'm an Engineer as well. But chose to be a sales executive in a real estate firm because I know sales in my calling.I used to be the richest kid in the once-a-year fete in school by selling PC games.I have an Engineering degree, but that's just a matter of pride and does nothing else. It does not give me instant $$$. I'm learning things and that's really important for someone in the early 20's. You've come a long way now. Try connecting with like minded people around here who have retired early. They might have some interesting experiences to share and some you could relate with.

Edwin Fernandez

Freedom
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Feb 7, 2018
Hi Edwin,

I'm an Engineer as well. But chose to be a sales executive in a real estate firm because I know sales in my calling.I used to be the richest kid in the once-a-year fete in school by selling PC games.I have an Engineering degree, but that's just a matter of pride and does nothing else. It does not give me instant $$$. I'm learning things and that's really important for someone in the early 20's. You've come a long way now. Try connecting with like minded people around here who have retired early. They might have some interesting experiences to share and some you could relate with.

Thanks for your input. I have a bit of a sales background too, cold calling, door-to-door stuff. Whatever it takes I guess... I don't write code because I enjoy it though, I chose the field because I was just following the money, or at least I thought so...However, I am fortunate I chose this field because at least I can use the skill as an asset to help me switch lanes.

I will definitely follow the early retirees. I am just getting oriented around this forum, there is so much content, wow. I feel my chances of joining them have increased significantly now that I am a member here. Good luck on your trip to the promised land.

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • 30% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • 50% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription ($34 Value)

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...