The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Phone case business!

Idea threads

Sarthak_Tyagi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Feb 23, 2021
I've been watching many people trying to carry a phone and power bank along with a USB uncomfortably with them. A simple concept would be to make a phone case with a power bank as an attachment, but it should not increase the thickness and weight of the overall phone drastically. I've figured out the system how to make it with an increase of just 1-1.5 cm thickness and avoiding the USB system plus making the power bank detachable.
Now talking about the already existing market these type of cases do exist. So what am I doing different?

- most of these cases provide power bank less than 5000 mAh current.
-These cases are not available for Android users but iPhone users and that too are very scarce and unavailable.
-All the cases I came across had too much thickness.

Would like to hear about your suggestions on this.
Thanks!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Is there anything proprietary about this? I think it’s a great idea if you can offer something innovative.

Sarthak_Tyagi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Feb 23, 2021
When you looked at the customer reviews of these competitors cases, is what makes you unique also what the users were complaining about? Or did they have issues with other aspects?
The were pretty good but their bulkiness was a big problem. When I looked it from a customer perspective I saw some faults like poor mAh and undetachable etc.

Last edited:

Sarthak_Tyagi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Feb 23, 2021
Is there anything proprietary about this? I think it’s a great idea if you can offer something innovative.
It has a very small, almost no market. Apple tried to do it in iphones but stopped maybe because people didn't like to bulk up too much. They didn't offer the system to detach the power bank. When you gotta charge the bank you gotta take out the whole case.

AppMan

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 25, 2019
This is old concept, after fast chargers and large phone battery nobody is thinking about extra power bank at least with the new phones,

Sarthak_Tyagi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Feb 23, 2021
This is old concept, after fast chargers and large phone battery nobody is thinking about extra power bank at least with the new phones,
I think power banks are still helpful while travelling. You won't find a fast charger while travelling heavy distances by train or buses etc. And as far as large batteries are concerned the device I am typing with has a 3000 mAh battery which can be 3X by a power bank and I use an Oppo smartphone. People don't simply use power banks because it's too much too handle.along with your phone. I didn't find even a single such product online that uses all the concepts I mentioned. Could be helpful if you could link a few so that I could take a look.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Feb 11, 2019
I don't know anything about them really, but considering that all the major phone manufacturer brands and others have created and sold power banks, could it be that the technology doesn't allow to combine all three: small, long-lasting, and affordable?

There probably can be a smaller power bank but it has less capacity, so you need to increase the size.

Can you increase the capacity but keep it small? Probably, but that may cost too much to produce.

I'm not downplaying your idea, but there's probably a reason why there are no tiny power banks with massive capacities on the market.

AppMan

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 25, 2019
I think power banks are still helpful while travelling. You won't find a fast charger while travelling heavy distances by train or buses etc. And as far as large batteries are concerned the device I am typing with has a 3000 mAh battery which can be 3X by a power bank and I use an Oppo smartphone. People don't simply use power banks because it's too much too handle.along with your phone. I didn't find even a single such product online that uses all the concepts I mentioned. Could be helpful if you could link a few so that I could take a look.
When I had Samsung note 3 , I used cover battery too much, now with note 10 even when I travel I don't use it , for simple reason , in every 24 hour travelling there is at least some power outlet (in hotel , airport , restaurant ) that charge me for the next 24 hour. I already have a power bank with me with solar charger, but I never use it.
now keep in mind my trips was inside cities not some rural areas .
hope that help.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.