The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

PETER2: In Memory, R.I.P.

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
Being that I never knew Peter outside of the forums (ie in real life), I am having a much harder time dealing with this then I would have expected...I have logged into the forum where it was announced dozens of times in the past few days..hoping that he would suddenly post up and reveal that a cruel rumor had been started, or that he had been overseas for months helping family members (possibly reclused from life for a while). This has just been very hard to take..

As the reality sinks in that he is truly gone, I find myself wishing I had gotten to know him better. Its unfortnate that we sometimes dont realize just how special a person is until its too late.... :(

Peter was the type of guy who reached out to help you in almost ANY thread he posted on. Hundreds of members have been impressed with his knowledge and touched by his compassion over the years in the many online communities he frequented, and his death is truly a difficult blow to bear.

For anyone that dosent know, Peter really did excel in EVERYTHING he did. In the late 90's, he turned his life around drastically and became an EAS Nutrition Grand Champion, winning their famous "Body of Work" competition, and turning himself into a bodybuilder in the process! This was something he shared with me via PM a few years ago, and having followed and known about that competition for years, I was in awe to be talking to a TRUE Champion in life.

Godspeed Peter...you will be missed more then you could imagine..and I hope you know just how many lives you touched over the years...

:(

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NoMoneyDown

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 28, 2007
Round Rock, TX
Wow. Like others, I only knew of Peter on these forums, but its still a shock. He led a full and inspiring legacy behind for all, though. Reminds me of a phrase in the song "Take the Long Way Home" by Supertramp:

When you look through the years and see what you could
Have been oh, what might have been,
If you'd had more time.

Don't wait for tomorrow as life truly IS short.

Thanks for all your advice, Peter!

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Wow. I'm saddened Mr. Catman, and don't really know what to think or say. We weren't close, but I busted your chops when you were around and you helped out always. You left us to soon, and I feel as though you may not have known how many appreciated you.
May you rest in peace. Godspeed.

This is a bit of a reality check, as Peter (and many others) did and said a few things on this board that made a difference in my life.

Being only a short distance away, I had it in the back of my mind that I needed to hit him up when he came back around (I should have done it six months ago when I first thought about it) and offer to take him to lunch or buy him a drink... just to say thank you and maybe get to know each other.

Here we are today.

I don't like the way that lesson makes my stomach feel and it will stick with me.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I didn't really know the guy (Unless he used a different name on the RichDad forums from the old days?) -- but it's always sad to see a fellow traveler's light extinguished. Best wishes to his family, and I hope he really went out well.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in an attractive, well-preserved body, but rather to skid sideways, drink in hand - screaming "WOOHOOOO!" What a ride!!"
- Unknown

- Hakrjak

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
post-11867-1233452584.jpg

post-679-1233449225_thumb.jpg

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
This is quite sad, although I came around a little late to meet him. I am sure his wealth of knowledge that he shared have and will continue help me and many others through these forums. Or at least bring a little cat humour into ones life, which can be argued is much more important. His posts and memory will live on.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
And in the end it's not the years in your life that count.
It's the life in your years.

--Abraham Lincoln

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
PhxMJ said:
Supposedly he had a terminal illness of some sort and let no one know in the forums he hanged ... I think that is a testament to his will and strength ... he didn't want a pity party.
I had emailed him once or twice with silly little questions. He always took the time to give me well thought out answers.

The fact that he used his last years/months/weeks on earth to help others (instead of being self indulgent) says a lot about him.

Quite a guy.

-Russ H.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Peter's last joined us here on September 8 .... he passed exactly one month later on Oct 8th, 2008 ...

Some more pics of our friend ...

Peter and his GF

post-20296-1233898880_thumb.jpg

Peter and his Cat

post-20296-1233900855.jpg

post-20296-1233901933_thumb.jpg

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
Seeing the above pics Dana (Peter's GF) posted this morning saddened me to no end. Although we all have heard our elders talk about "cherishing the time you have" and not taking life for granted, a situation like this truly brings the reality of it to life. Due to Peters private nature, I am sure to an outsider he appeared to have everything (business success and wealth, huge muscles and good looks, a beautiful GF by his side, exotic cars, etc.). His untimely passing proves that once again, without your health nothing matters... :( As MJ said..the fact that NONE of us on any of the forums he requented knew about his illness is a true testament to the strength of his character.

I sincerely hope Dana visits this forum as well so she can see all of the friends Peter had and the lives he touched.

Once again...RIP buddy...you will be dearly missed. :(

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm still in shock. :( For some reason, I'm expecting to wake up one day and find out it was just some stupid joke, but the reality is setting .... he's gone. :(

LaughedAt

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 20, 2007
Israel
I'm still in shock. :( For some reason, I'm expecting to wake up one day and find out it was just some stupid joke, but the reality is setting .... he's gone. :(

I'm feeling the same, it's shocking that I live thousands of miles away from him, never met met him and only spoke with him online, yet this I'm feeling really sad about this and this whole week I've been in shock!
R.I.P. Peter2

peter2forever

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 6, 2009
Thank you to all Peter2 lovers for all your concerned caring posts for Peter. I have spent the past 7 years time with him, and know he would be touched by all the kind words you have written.

Someone made up and printed false information that Peter was terminally ill. There is no truth to that whatsoever.

Thank you all for caring about our "P".

Sincerely, Dana:heartbeat::thankyousign::love1:

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Dana, sorry for your loss. As you can see, he left a great impression in this community.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thank you to all Peter2 lovers for all your concerned caring posts for Peter. I have spent the past 7 years time with him, and know he would be touched by all the kind words you have written.

Someone made up and printed false information that Peter was terminally ill. There is no truth to that whatsoever.

Thanks Dana, sorry about the misinformation as I will correct that.

My condolences to you and your family.

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ

As I said on LP, thank you again Dana for checking in to visit the forums Peter had frequented. I was hoping you would be able to see the support and friends Peter had all over the world, and I am glad to see you stopped by.

All the best and God Bless.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Dana,

I am sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and all of Peter's family. While I didn't know Peter, I always appreciated his input on these forums. He was clearly very wise and knowledgeable.

I also enjoyed the little glimpses we got into his life. I remember being extremely impressed with the number of languages he spoke - and having the impression that he made it a point to live life to the fullest.

We were blessed to have him on these forums.

Sonya

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Someone put together a list of some of his contributions here:

http://www.thefastlanetomillions.co...8928-compilation-peter2-advice-must-read.html

Tony T

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 13, 2010
I didn't know Peter2 but my condolences to all effected and I hope he rests in peace.

A

Anon3587x

The past few years my life has been nothing more than climbing mountains.

When I typed "millionaire forum" on Google I thought I was going to be rich in a month or so. I figured the journey was almost over, when in reality it was just starting the ascent.

Reading PhxMJ's story and ideology's along with every other Great story on here were just my first few steps up this new path I never truly noticed before.

I now know more than enough to get started on the next mountain.

The past few hours I've been reading every post Peter2 has written, as well as all the kind words said about him. There are few people in this world I'd openly admit wanting to be like, but he definitely IS the kind of person I want to be.

Peter2 may be gone, but now I'm starting the next climb and this is thanks to him.

R.I.P

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.