IntelligentIdiot
New Contributor
- Joined
- May 19, 2023
- Messages
- 4
Rep Bank
$150
$150
User Power: 575%
Hey everyone, having a dilemma on my car. Currently have a truck with 200k miles that’s worth maybe 5k. I don’t need it for truck things anymore and the gas costs me 250-300 a month. Additionally the model is known for having issues and hasn’t been the most reliable for me in general. I’m in the process of growing my income and within months expect it to increase. I can’t decide between
A. Keep the truck for now( also moving across country and don’t trust it, additional gas cost is a waste, and I have no use for it)
B. Sell it and get a used Honda (but also taking a gamble on another used 4/5k beater)
C. Lease a fuel efficient car that will nearly cover the lease payment just in gas savings, also allowing me to have something reliable and focus on business. Find someone to take over the lease when my income increases and I get something i like a bit more than just practicality
I realize none of the savings are long term strategies but my main focus is on having something reliable for 6mo-1yr so I can focus on business. Any suggestions? Thank you
A. Keep the truck for now( also moving across country and don’t trust it, additional gas cost is a waste, and I have no use for it)
B. Sell it and get a used Honda (but also taking a gamble on another used 4/5k beater)
C. Lease a fuel efficient car that will nearly cover the lease payment just in gas savings, also allowing me to have something reliable and focus on business. Find someone to take over the lease when my income increases and I get something i like a bit more than just practicality
I realize none of the savings are long term strategies but my main focus is on having something reliable for 6mo-1yr so I can focus on business. Any suggestions? Thank you
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
