The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

People with more friends have better business opportunities

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

AppMan

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 25, 2019
Do you agree that the more people have friends and social circle the more likely they will have a good living, quick recovered from failed business, more successful financial life. it is look like regardless of how simple is your business idea is , when you have good number of friends you always can get it to some distance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted85763

Do you agree that the more people have friends and social circle the more likely they will have a good living, quick recovered from failed business, more successful financial life. it is look like regardless of how simple is your business idea is , when you have good number of friends you always can get it to some distance.
It's the right friends! The wrong friends can make your situation much worse! In general though the wrong friends won't get you anywhere. I'm not saying to seek out wealthy people to be friends with but if you do what you will find is a transfer of know-how and opportunities. For example, I know an engineering executive who knows about certain equipment. He knows who sells it and who needs it. If he is your friend, he tells you what equipment is available and you can sell it and make money. Being friends with say a waiter or a delivery person is perfectly fine but there is probably a far less of chance he will know about legitimate financial opportunities. I think this principle should be applied to education for everyone.

DarkWoods

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Oct 12, 2020
It's the right friends! The wrong friends can make your situation much worse! In general though the wrong friends won't get you anywhere. I'm not saying to seek out wealthy people to be friends with but if you do what you will find is a transfer of know-how and opportunities. For example, I know an engineering executive who knows about certain equipment. He knows who sells it and who needs it. If he is your friend, he tells you what equipment is available and you can sell it and make money. Being friends with say a waiter or a delivery person is perfectly fine but there is probably a far less of chance he will know about legitimate financial opportunities. I think this principle should be applied to education for everyone.
I read that the more good friends you have, the longer you live because being lonely is bad for your health.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Being friends with say a waiter or a delivery person is perfectly fine but there is probably a far less of chance he will know about legitimate financial opportunities.
You're right, but I think this is missing a point. There's a guy on the forum who made a pretty penny because he invented a better pouring pitchers of beer for bartenders.

Anyone/everyone has problems that need solving. The trick is to develop the aptitude for spotting the opportunities. I would generally agree that having more friends can lead to spotting more opportunities.

I also think that people with a bigger social circle tend to have the soft people skills needed to build and lead a company. I also think that having such a social circle can help one in the "dark times" of life that we all face.

That said, who cares? There's plenty of people who "make it" without having "the right connections". Just go build your business. If you don't know what that is, then find a problem that people will pay you to fix. If you want to make beacoup bucks, find the biggest problem you are able to solve. Good luck.

D

Deleted85763

You're right, but I think this is missing a point. There's a guy on the forum who made a pretty penny because he invented a better pouring pitchers of beer for bartenders.

Anyone/everyone has problems that need solving. The trick is to develop the aptitude for spotting the opportunities. I would generally agree that having more friends can lead to spotting more opportunities.

I also think that people with a bigger social circle tend to have the soft people skills needed to build and lead a company. I also think that having such a social circle can help one in the "dark times" of life that we all face.

That said, who cares? There's plenty of people who "make it" without having "the right connections". Just go build your business. If you don't know what that is, then find a problem that people will pay you to fix. If you want to make beacoup bucks, find the biggest problem you are able to solve. Good luck.
I was just answering the original question. I, like many people in America, were very fortunate to grow up in middle/upper middle class communities. All my neighbors were professionals (but that doesn't mean nice!) and compared to the lower classes who lived in the nearby city we had a definite advantage of finding business opportunities due to having successful parents and friends that by default had successful parents. Many very successful.

Now, with the internet anyone anywhere in the world can do research and contact the "right" people to assist in creating and building a business. I know how to earn a decent living just by doing online research. It's something I want to teach to people in developing countries where a decent living in the US is a fortune in their countries. All you need is a computer, internet access, and time to make it work.

So yes, the right friends can lead to great business opportunities.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
quality > quantity

Knowing the right person > knowing many people

The two aren't mutually exclusive, but if say you're trying to get a new venture off the ground, you'd be better off being good friends with Bill Gates rather than being connected to 20,000 middle-class randoms.

Ultimately your question stems from a lack of clarity on what your purpose is. If you knew exactly what you were about, you'd be seeking out the relevant people rather than just trying to get as many as possible.

D

Deleted85763

quality > quantity

The two aren't mutually exclusive, but if say you're trying to get a new venture off the ground, you'd be better off being good friends with Bill Gates rather than being connected to 20,000 middle-class randoms.

Ultimately your question stems from a lack of clarity on what your purpose is. If you knew exactly what you were about, you'd be seeking out the relevant people rather than just trying to get as many as possible.
"The two aren't mutually exclusive, but if say you're trying to get a new venture off the ground, you'd be better off being good friends with Bill Gates rather than being connected to 20,000 middle-class randoms."

I disagree that it is purely the money a "friend" has. In fact large sums of easy money can mean an easy big loss. Ans forever. What is the most important in attaining success is "know-how". A person who built say a multimillion year distributor of fancy sandals can be rich in money but what you really need from them is the know-how- How do you sell the sandals? How do you source them? How do you warehouse them?, Etc.. Knowing this is infinitely more valuable than money from a rich friend because even if you lose your money, there are many ways, you'll always have the know-how to make it back again. How do I know? I have the know-how!

traceyjedison

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 14, 2020
I agree,

It's okay to have a friends, but it also depends on who will be your friend.

AppMan

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 25, 2019
being friends with say a waiter or a delivery person is perfectly fine but there is probably a far less of chance he will know about legitimate financial opportunities. I think this principle should be applied to education for everyone.
I have a friend in such job , I was making what he and his wife was making together, however that made me lazy and I didnt progress because I was feeling myself rich every time I look at them . that delayed me two years from real progressing

AppMan

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 25, 2019
quality > quantity

I didnt mean friends to lend you money , it was more about when you start a business , more friends seem to help getting better business idea , also you can bet on them for your first customers and even for sharing your business with others on SM.
Lonely people when they start business , they struggle on each first step. and they need to spend money for things other get it for free such as first customer, sharing business , etc .

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.