The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

People 30+ participation in book

Preisler

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 20, 2013
Hi

Do you guys have any ideas where I can find 100-200 people 30+ years who wants to write 2-20 lines about "What they wish in their 20s"?

.. and then have their name, age and location included in a book?

I tried asking the question on yahoo, on aks.com and a "baby boomer forum" but with no answers. There should be 100-200 people contributing 5 mins to this book.

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
You gotta understand people are lazy as hell. What benefit do they get out of answering your question? I asked what this world needs, what could make people's lives easier, etc in a status on Facebook. Know how many responses I got? zilch. Maybe start conversing with people in public and ask. You won't get a 5 minute answer, but you'll get something. To answer your question, do we know specifically where you can find people who are willing to open up? Yes and no....No, meaning we don't know specifically which person will talk. Yes, in the fact you see people everyday all day, so there you go haha.

Preisler

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 20, 2013
Thanks for reply RBefort.

I see a lot of people asking questions on this site, without benefiting from it. Asked the question "how to build a website" and some people answered, so they aren't that lazy.

Yes I could go out and ask people, but then I would have to travel the world, because I would like people from different countries to write their letter, which is not what I intended to do.

If anyone got any ideas or links, it would be very nice if you could share.

I asked what this world needs, what could make people's lives easier
Food, security, sex and happiness. There you go.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Try Craigslist ... and then reply that they will receive a FREE copy of the book once published.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
I see a lot of people asking questions on this site, without benefiting from it. Asked the question "how to build a website" and some people answered, so they aren't that lazy.

Using a sampling from this site to measure how lazy people are is a really terrible measure of the general laziness of society. This is an entrepreneur forum, for goodness sake! It's not even a affiliate marketing forum (no offense meant...lol)! Have you READ the Millionaire Fastlane ?? If so, then you would know that the people on this site strive to not be lazy (some do better than others.. haha).

If you want people to help you out, you've got to be willing to give a little, too. A free copy of your book, as MJ suggested. Try HARO. Try LinkedIn Q&A. Craiglist, etc... there are a ton of places to get questions out there. Other free items could do the trick, too.

Yes, you don't want to travel the world, but it's likely that you are going to have to put out some effort.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
I see a lot of people asking questions on this site, without benefiting from it.

They do benefit. They increase their reputation as someone who is knowledgeable, they make friends... many beneifts.

We all do things for what we can get, and there is always a reward if people are doing things. Even donating to charity, people do it because it makes them feel good to help people, more so than the actual helping of people.

Important to keep this in mind when you're trying to get people to do stuff.

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
ACT NOW!!! SLOTS FILLING UP FAST!!! GUARANTEED FREE GIFTS!!!

Are you over 30?
Do you ever wish you could give your 20 year old self some golden advice?

If so, your opinion is critical!
I need 500 30+ year olds to write 2 - 20 lines (that's all!) about what you'd advise your 20 year old self.

Contest is open to the first 500 respondants - after that it's gone for good.

Register to win:
  • A Free iPad!
  • A Free iPod Mini!
  • A Swift Kick in the Nuts! (no, not really)
  • EVERY QUALIFIED CONTESTANT WILL RECEIVE A FREE GIFT WHETHER IT'S A WINNING ENTRY OR NOT

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No need to travel the world asking for people's opnions. There's plenty of ways to incentivise people.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
Everything Amail said + the book, after all they're co-authors of it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.