The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

part time trader

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
Hi @lip,

Welcome to the Fastlane community forum, and thanks for joining.

Now, I'm not a trader... but I'll be willing to bet my few teeth remaining that serious traders would only be interested in meeting people they know, like and trust.

Who are you? Where are you from? What do you do for a living now? What's your experience in trading (if any)... and why should any experienced trader take you seriously and spend their precious time to guide you?

Please don't take my comment in a negative way. This is your second one-liner "introduction" (if I can call it so at all) asking for guidance, but you never even bothered to say a word about who you are.

Remember the law of sowing? You reap what you sow... and you'll only receive from this community multiple of what you put in.

Last edited:

bringitnow28329

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 30, 2013
Providence
I'm a full time trader. Trading isn't something where you can look to others for guidance. It's really a solo mission. I've traded for 15 years and it's a ongoing battle and life long journey. There's a reason 95% of people fail. They aren't committed and lack the discipline needed to stay in the trading game long enough to not blow up before they figure out how the market actually works. For some reason most people think if they just find the right person to teach them all of their problems will be solved. The problem with this reasoning is that trading is 10% about knowing when to buy and sell (something that most people spend 99% of their time focusing on), and 90% about mastering ones own psychology. The later takes years to master and nobody can help you do this. The only one that can do this is YOU, and unfortunately losing money is the only way to learn this hard lesson. A successful trader can provide a winning strategy but outside of luck, an inexperienced person would almost always lose money, because they have to have their own strategy and trading system that suits their own personality. It's not possible to follow somebody else. All of these trading chatrooms, alert services and other stock picking websites are at the very least useless and at the worth straight up scams.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

lip

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 31, 2018
hi thank you for the insight. now i will work on myself to make myself better

bringitnow28329

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 30, 2013
Providence
I suggest reading every book you can on trading psychology such as trading in the zone, the daily trading coach,and the disciplined trader or anything else by these authors.

Steed

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 20, 2019
I suggest reading every book you can on trading psychology such as trading in the zone, the daily trading coach,and the disciplined trader or anything else by these authors.

Hello I am Tehio , from Raiatea (french polynesia) just close to BORABORA, I'm still learning trading and totally agree with you. It began for me in 2012, on FX and saw how leverage could helped me to gain more! My focus was only on money at that time. I have learned to process and now I am more experienced. 90% of success is psychological.
I blowed up so many accounts, and found that MJ DeMarco (god thanks for him) point of view did very helped me to find some insight on trading.

How do you understand and act on your trading process, when DEMARCO ( God bless you MJ) says you don't know what the markets want until it tells you what it wants? what about planning when he says no plan?

I m finding for me that planning is not the best for me, having variable TP is not so good for me. So I m turning to fixed target, about 10 and 20 pts on DAX.
What about you, what do you like to trade? whats your process, thank you for sharing

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...