Mikkel
Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
From idea to conception, I have finally built 2 separate prototype designs made out of all plastic, through 3D printing.
Great!
However, I don't think my 3D design will be accurate enough to send to a large manufacture and expect them to create the first product correct, the first time.
I am now on the hunt to find a woodworker who can create a wooden prototype, that would essentially be the final product. This way, when I visit manufacturers I can show them the exact product I want manufactured, rather than my 3D prototype.
My problem is that I would be legitimately giving the plans to a person who has the ability to take my design and create the product 100x over in his own workshop.
My question to the forum is this:
If you were creating a brand new product, would you send your prototype plans (in my case it would be a 3D file of my prototype) to an unknown individual and have faith that this person will not run off with the idea (and files) or would you sign some sort of contract to prevent him from legally doing so? Would you approach this part of the process in a completely different direction?
Great!
However, I don't think my 3D design will be accurate enough to send to a large manufacture and expect them to create the first product correct, the first time.
I am now on the hunt to find a woodworker who can create a wooden prototype, that would essentially be the final product. This way, when I visit manufacturers I can show them the exact product I want manufactured, rather than my 3D prototype.
My problem is that I would be legitimately giving the plans to a person who has the ability to take my design and create the product 100x over in his own workshop.
My question to the forum is this:
If you were creating a brand new product, would you send your prototype plans (in my case it would be a 3D file of my prototype) to an unknown individual and have faith that this person will not run off with the idea (and files) or would you sign some sort of contract to prevent him from legally doing so? Would you approach this part of the process in a completely different direction?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
