The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Organic Vs Ads

Marketing, social media, advertising

Robin 133

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 16, 2022
I'll do a longer post soon about the ins and Outs of the product. But I'm getting closer to having things ready to launch, in essence it's a service which will help people overcome a specific problem in a specific niche through a course and then 8 week accountability community. I know there's a need and that my product will (hopefully) tick some boxes which arent currently available.

My question is around marketing. Many others in the niche use organic marketing, but I don't really want to spend hours a weeks making 3 YouTube videos. I also don't want the brand to become entirely reliant on me needing to be there to market it, so I can focus on making the service as good as it can be. So I'd like to focus on ads, as I'd prefer the time freed up.

These days it feels like everyone is often solely focused on organic. Are ads likely to bring people into an online education platform? Or do you need to constantly upload on socials so people 'like, trust and know you'?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I don't really want to spend hours a weeks making 3 YouTube videos.
Lol. Me neither. Although I do enjoy it every now and then.

I also don't want the brand to become entirely reliant on me needing to be there to market it
Leveraging your personal brand is often a good way to start. I like doing things by hand first before automating - like sending short personalised videos to whoever signs up at the beginning (even of a free email list).

Are ads likely to bring people into an online education platform?
Ads can bring people into an online education program. There's too many variables to say whether it's likely or not.

Think of it a different way...

Sales happen when you get the right offer in front of the right people at the right time. (Bear in mind I'm a paid-search direct-response kind of guy.)

Do you think people really care whether money was spent to get the offer in front of them or not?

I think better questions to ask yourself are:

Do people already spend money to solve the problem you're hoping to solve?

What products/services are they already spending that money on?

How are those products/services getting in front of those people?

How can you also get in front of those people?

Or do you need to constantly upload on socials so people 'like, trust and know you'?
You used the word "need". That makes it very easy to answer. Surely someone somewhere in the world has sold a course without constantly uploading socials. In which case you don't need to.

Uploading to socials can be helpful, even very helpful. Not least because you get better at creating content and finding what resonates with people. Then you can put ad spend behind what works. Or you can out ad spend behind everything you upload and see what resonates.

Something to mull over:

What if you didn't say different things to the same people, but said the same thing to different people?

(Consider finding what works then getting it in front of as many different people as possible, rather than getting different pieces of content in front of the same people).

You may want to check out "Just Start Already" and "Who have you helped?" in my signature.

Also check out Laurel Portie on YouTube.

Robin 133

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 16, 2022
Thanks @Andy Black lots of good stuff in there to consider. After reading that through and thinking more about it, I'm less worried about finding clients. There's so many ways of getting the message in front of loads of people. I'll share an update soon! Enjoyed "Just start already"!

BigRomeDawg

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jan 22, 2014
Canada/USA
The approach I'm taking right now is testing offers with organic content then putting paid traffic behind the content and offers that do well.

However, my primary strategy, because we're still super new, is to get directly in the face of potential customers. I'm still just doing direct outreach to my network and anyone who will listen and having conversations.

Content and paid ads are great... but it's frustrating when 999/1,000 viewers don't convert, and difficult to find out why. But, when you're talking to someone face-to-face, you get all the objections in real-time and a detailed psychographic.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.