scottaj74
New Contributor
- Joined
- May 11, 2012
- Messages
- 74
Rep Bank
$245
$245
User Power: 30%
Hi,
I'm just about to place my first order from China after getting some awesome results with product validation and testing. I've lined up about 4 suppliers, in the event that poop goes sideways on one of them for some unknown reason.
Anything to be aware of with ordering shipment from China? Hidden taxes or duty, shipments taking longer than expected? Tips or tricks that you've learned along the way? I'll be ordering in Canada, but I can order into the US if need be. Most of my current product orders come from the US.
I'm also think down the road to potentially remove myself and save on shipping (China to Canada and then onto the US or elsewhere). Shipping CAD to US is 3X the price of shipping within the US. Has anyone used Amazon Fulfillment Services? It definitely cuts into my bottom line, but it takes me out the system and frees me up to work on other projects. That, or if anyone can recommend a fulfillment service that they're impressed with. I'm sure I can google it, but it's good to get feedback from other "wheeler dealers".
Thanks,
Scott
It's probably straightforward, but I thought I'd try to do some due diligence on my part.
Thanks.
I'm just about to place my first order from China after getting some awesome results with product validation and testing. I've lined up about 4 suppliers, in the event that poop goes sideways on one of them for some unknown reason.
Anything to be aware of with ordering shipment from China? Hidden taxes or duty, shipments taking longer than expected? Tips or tricks that you've learned along the way? I'll be ordering in Canada, but I can order into the US if need be. Most of my current product orders come from the US.
I'm also think down the road to potentially remove myself and save on shipping (China to Canada and then onto the US or elsewhere). Shipping CAD to US is 3X the price of shipping within the US. Has anyone used Amazon Fulfillment Services? It definitely cuts into my bottom line, but it takes me out the system and frees me up to work on other projects. That, or if anyone can recommend a fulfillment service that they're impressed with. I'm sure I can google it, but it's good to get feedback from other "wheeler dealers".
Thanks,
Scott
It's probably straightforward, but I thought I'd try to do some due diligence on my part.
Thanks.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
