The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Opinions on a business idea

Idea threads

Sarthak_Tyagi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Feb 23, 2021
Wanted some opinions on a business idea. All ears to any criticism or suggestions for improvements.

Suppose there is a website where 3 companies are registered on
Let them be A B and C
You being a user will visit the website and choose between these companies which you are more familiar with, for instance I choose company A as I know a lot about them, through my knowledge about them I can predict how much their sales be in the next month but I will have to provide a surity percent such a statement- "I am 5 percent sure that company A will sell 2 more units of smartphone next month" and pay only 5 percent of overall registration fee for example if the fee was 10 dollars I would pay 5 percent of 10 dollars If I stated 49 percent surity I would pay 49 percent of 10 dollars and so on. All the users will do the same with their respective chosen companies after the result the one with the closest prediction will get the percentage of all the registration money collected as their surity percent for example if I won by predicting for company A with 5 percent surity I will get 5 percent of all the registration money collected if it was 100 percent surity I would get all the money.

Users can earn through their knowledge in a company and companies will register as they will see a great opportunity in advertisement through it. If I said A company will increase their sales by 2 units and in that time period if someone asks me which smartphone should he/she buy I would obviously recommend company A as I want their sales to increase by next month

Provided that there will be only one winner and all others will have to suffer a loss big or small depending on there surity percent maximum loss can only be the amount of the registration with 100 percent surity(considering the example above- 10 dollars).

Any criticism or improvements are welcomed

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Except for that i totally don't get what your idea is about, it sounds
like binary betting on companies results.

One thing i can say is that betting on outcome is regulated industry,
so get familiar with laws in your country.
Also make sure that what this idea is about, isn't "security" because
there's another bunch of regulations related to it.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
100% need licensing.
Also you need a high risk payment processor. Most won’t accept gambling.

Sound more like a feature to be honest. A game, even though for money, of high and low.

D

Deleted85763

Wanted some opinions on a business idea. All ears to any criticism or suggestions for improvements.

Suppose there is a website where 3 companies are registered on
Let them be A B and C
You being a user will visit the website and choose between these companies which you are more familiar with, for instance I choose company A as I know a lot about them, through my knowledge about them I can predict how much their sales be in the next month but I will have to provide a surity percent such a statement- "I am 5 percent sure that company A will sell 2 more units of smartphone next month" and pay only 5 percent of overall registration fee for example if the fee was 10 dollars I would pay 5 percent of 10 dollars If I stated 49 percent surity I would pay 49 percent of 10 dollars and so on. All the users will do the same with their respective chosen companies after the result the one with the closest prediction will get the percentage of all the registration money collected as their surity percent for example if I won by predicting for company A with 5 percent surity I will get 5 percent of all the registration money collected if it was 100 percent surity I would get all the money.

Users can earn through their knowledge in a company and companies will register as they will see a great opportunity in advertisement through it. If I said A company will increase their sales by 2 units and in that time period if someone asks me which smartphone should he/she buy I would obviously recommend company A as I want their sales to increase by next month

Provided that there will be only one winner and all others will have to suffer a loss big or small depending on there surity percent maximum loss can only be the amount of the registration with 100 percent surity(considering the example above- 10 dollars).

Any criticism or improvements are welcomed
Aside from how will find out how many units were sold it sounds like gambling which everyone said is not a good idea at all. Keep thinking though you might hit on a good, viable idea!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.