The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Opinions on a business idea

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

Sarthak_Tyagi

New Contributor
Feb 23, 2021
Wanted some opinions on a business idea. All ears to any criticism or suggestions for improvements.

Suppose there is a website where 3 companies are registered on
Let them be A B and C
You being a user will visit the website and choose between these companies which you are more familiar with, for instance I choose company A as I know a lot about them, through my knowledge about them I can predict how much their sales be in the next month but I will have to provide a surity percent such a statement- "I am 5 percent sure that company A will sell 2 more units of smartphone next month" and pay only 5 percent of overall registration fee for example if the fee was 10 dollars I would pay 5 percent of 10 dollars If I stated 49 percent surity I would pay 49 percent of 10 dollars and so on. All the users will do the same with their respective chosen companies after the result the one with the closest prediction will get the percentage of all the registration money collected as their surity percent for example if I won by predicting for company A with 5 percent surity I will get 5 percent of all the registration money collected if it was 100 percent surity I would get all the money.

Users can earn through their knowledge in a company and companies will register as they will see a great opportunity in advertisement through it. If I said A company will increase their sales by 2 units and in that time period if someone asks me which smartphone should he/she buy I would obviously recommend company A as I want their sales to increase by next month

Provided that there will be only one winner and all others will have to suffer a loss big or small depending on there surity percent maximum loss can only be the amount of the registration with 100 percent surity(considering the example above- 10 dollars).

Any criticism or improvements are welcomed

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 1, 2016
Except for that i totally don't get what your idea is about, it sounds
like binary betting on companies results.

One thing i can say is that betting on outcome is regulated industry,
so get familiar with laws in your country.
Also make sure that what this idea is about, isn't "security" because
there's another bunch of regulations related to it.

woken

Bronze Contributor
I've Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
100% need licensing.
Also you need a high risk payment processor. Most won’t accept gambling.

Sound more like a feature to be honest. A game, even though for money, of high and low.

robertwills

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Sep 9, 2020
Atlanta, GA
Wanted some opinions on a business idea. All ears to any criticism or suggestions for improvements.

Suppose there is a website where 3 companies are registered on
Let them be A B and C
You being a user will visit the website and choose between these companies which you are more familiar with, for instance I choose company A as I know a lot about them, through my knowledge about them I can predict how much their sales be in the next month but I will have to provide a surity percent such a statement- "I am 5 percent sure that company A will sell 2 more units of smartphone next month" and pay only 5 percent of overall registration fee for example if the fee was 10 dollars I would pay 5 percent of 10 dollars If I stated 49 percent surity I would pay 49 percent of 10 dollars and so on. All the users will do the same with their respective chosen companies after the result the one with the closest prediction will get the percentage of all the registration money collected as their surity percent for example if I won by predicting for company A with 5 percent surity I will get 5 percent of all the registration money collected if it was 100 percent surity I would get all the money.

Users can earn through their knowledge in a company and companies will register as they will see a great opportunity in advertisement through it. If I said A company will increase their sales by 2 units and in that time period if someone asks me which smartphone should he/she buy I would obviously recommend company A as I want their sales to increase by next month

Provided that there will be only one winner and all others will have to suffer a loss big or small depending on there surity percent maximum loss can only be the amount of the registration with 100 percent surity(considering the example above- 10 dollars).

Any criticism or improvements are welcomed
Aside from how will find out how many units were sold it sounds like gambling which everyone said is not a good idea at all. Keep thinking though you might hit on a good, viable idea!

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
The new program website is live with a deal from now till the end of October...
MARKETPLACE Freelance University: Solve Every Freelance Problem (Especially on Upwork)
For those who are just seeing this, there are currently a total of 15 live courses and 1...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Fox's Web School helps you learn a specialized skill which you can use to get to Fastlane. It's...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom