RazorCut
Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Ok I have a question for you to find flaws in and shoot me down in flames.
Quite a few years ago I had a eureka moment when I thought of a way to improve an everyday consumable product by changing its packaging structure. I tested my theory out and low and behold the benefits I expected worked. It significantly extended the longevity of the product, made it easier to store and also easier to dispose of afterwards (fully recyclable). However back then I was sceptical of the facilities to create the packaging both in terms of design and ability to create it in quantity. Things have moved on a lot since then both in terms of manufacturing and in the available range of suitable product materials.
Anyway I am relooking at this concept. As stated it provides 3 major benefits to the consumer and would be the biggest change to the product in more than 50 years. The small circle of people I have shared this with have been extremely enthusiastic and think it is a fantastic idea. Now I know that is no validation in itself but I didn’t big it up, I just stated ‘what if product A could now do da da and da, would you consider that worth paying extra for?’ ‘Would you be inclined to try it even if you were a fan of brand B?’
Now here is my question. There are lots of large businesses in this marketplace but it is dominated, (as so often happens) by 2 major players. Bitter head to head rivals, each with an annual turnover in excess of $7-$10 billion.
Now I am thinking of approaching one of these colossal companies with my idea once I have put some protection into place (I had a company do a patent search last year and there seems to be nothing in this specific design).
The instant benefits my concept would give their customers would offer a major marketing advantage over their rival. So much so I would even dare to suggest that one company would have to invest in the idea even if they never used it just to ensure their rival couldn’t get access to it.
There are some great minds here so I throw it open to you. So, in my position, what would YOU do and how would you go about it?
I know it is probably very unlikely that I could get a dialogue opened up with a major corp but I have to do something. If you can shoot me down in flames please go ahead as one way of another I need to put this thing to bed or put it on a fast track as it continues to haunt me.
Probably right up @StephenKey alley if he is checking the forums currently.
Quite a few years ago I had a eureka moment when I thought of a way to improve an everyday consumable product by changing its packaging structure. I tested my theory out and low and behold the benefits I expected worked. It significantly extended the longevity of the product, made it easier to store and also easier to dispose of afterwards (fully recyclable). However back then I was sceptical of the facilities to create the packaging both in terms of design and ability to create it in quantity. Things have moved on a lot since then both in terms of manufacturing and in the available range of suitable product materials.
Anyway I am relooking at this concept. As stated it provides 3 major benefits to the consumer and would be the biggest change to the product in more than 50 years. The small circle of people I have shared this with have been extremely enthusiastic and think it is a fantastic idea. Now I know that is no validation in itself but I didn’t big it up, I just stated ‘what if product A could now do da da and da, would you consider that worth paying extra for?’ ‘Would you be inclined to try it even if you were a fan of brand B?’
Now here is my question. There are lots of large businesses in this marketplace but it is dominated, (as so often happens) by 2 major players. Bitter head to head rivals, each with an annual turnover in excess of $7-$10 billion.
Now I am thinking of approaching one of these colossal companies with my idea once I have put some protection into place (I had a company do a patent search last year and there seems to be nothing in this specific design).
The instant benefits my concept would give their customers would offer a major marketing advantage over their rival. So much so I would even dare to suggest that one company would have to invest in the idea even if they never used it just to ensure their rival couldn’t get access to it.
There are some great minds here so I throw it open to you. So, in my position, what would YOU do and how would you go about it?
I know it is probably very unlikely that I could get a dialogue opened up with a major corp but I have to do something. If you can shoot me down in flames please go ahead as one way of another I need to put this thing to bed or put it on a fast track as it continues to haunt me.
Probably right up @StephenKey alley if he is checking the forums currently.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
