The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

online food ordering system, please share your opinion

Aron

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Mar 26, 2019
Hey guys!

I am from germany and over the last few months I learned how to build websites throughout a udemy curse.
You all know for example UberEats. Here in germany the top player is lieferando, which bought all competitors and now increased fees for generating a lead to 14%.

In my home town(20.000 population), lieferando is non existent, because there are just a few pizza restaurants, which deliver. From this pizza restaurants, only one restaurant has a online food ordering opportunity (since 3 months). The other have´nt even a website or a really bad one (screenshot).

Currently I try to develop such a website, which than, with minimal changes for each customer, can be used for pizza delivery restaurants like in my city.

The whole product should do the following:

customer sight:
- easy to use ordering system with minimalistic design and no photos
- displays the time the food is delivered and shows in which step the order is currently (like dominos)
- App + website

-driver sight (driver App):
1. The person who deliverys should not write each adress manually, instead he opens the app and accept the order and gets the adress in google maps instantly shown.
2. Many orders will be paid with real cash. Often, one person orders, but many people are involved in the order and want to pay for themself. I want the driver App to help the delivery employee to easily have an overview of how much each person has to pay. So time of process is reduced.

restaurant sight:
- the order should pop up at the computer and have to be accepted. The order is then shown in the kitchen on a screen, so the employees can start to cook the pizza.
- the whole order goes into a box to keep the food warm and gets a code attached to it, which the driver can scan and accept in his app.

How do I want to monetarize it?

Pizza restaurants often have´nt the capital to invest in the whole hardware/software which is involved in offering a online ordering system. I want to charge 50 euro/month and the nothing to install the whole system.
I could more or less easily scale the system and sell it to other pizza delivery restaurants.

When here are people out there who have experience in the this field and are willing the help me, please contact me personally or just comment below.

Please let me know what you think about this. I would be happy to see a lot of comments.

greets Aron

PS: sorry for any mistakes made in english, please correct me if you find one

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Adgo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Apr 7, 2018
Belgium
One question regarding your idea:

The various restaurants you want to offer delivery service for don't have any offline delivery service yet?
In my city you can call a pizza place and ask them to deliver 2 pizzas at this address and they'll be there in 20 minutes.

If it is the case then you could offer an online platform where customers would be able to add meal in their shopping cart and pay online, the order is then transferred to the restaurant which takes care of the delivery.

I'm scared that a population of 20k might not be enough for your entire development to become profitable at some point. At how much would you evaluate your development costs to be before the first meal can be ordered on your platform?
In the best case scenario, how many meals can you expect to sell each day? How much profit would that represent ?

JHZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 24, 2017
México
Hi Aaron, a couple of questions.

From what I understand, you will try to clone the lieferando model in your hometown, am I correct? If I am, how would you respond if/when lieferando expands to your hometown? (Or do you think that won't happen because of your low population?)

I'm scared that a population of 20k might not be enough for your entire development to become profitable at some point.

I feel the same, the roof of your business may be low because of a low population, however, that should not discourage you from proving a solution to the problem you see (restaurants in my city don't deliver to homes)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.