The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

One reason MJ is the man!!!

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
One reason MJ, and other "knowlegable" entrepreneurs like him, are providing a great benefit for society, and we should all thank him and them for it, and yes buy their books :thumbsup:; is outlined in the synopsis of the article I have just read. Although, these comments do not represent all of the wealthy individuals out there, in my experience, it does reflect the opinions of most of the ones I have conversed with.

Steve Mariotti: Raising Owner-Entrepreneurs Would Solve Youth Unemployment, Spur Growth, and Rescue Low-Income Communities

"This is how fortunes (and jobs) are created -- an entrepreneur starts a business, sells some or all of its ownership, and uses the resulting capital to start and build other businesses that he or she can sell in the future, creating more capital. Workers, on the other hand, spend their lives selling only their time for hourly wages, or perhaps a salary.
Disadvantaged youth are seldom let in on this secret to wealth creation. I once asked a leading venture capitalist and philanthropist, who has donated millions to helping low-income children attend private schools, "What about teaching kids the ownership skills that made your fortune, so they can become financially independent?" He responded, only half-jokingly, "But then who would do the work?"

--So I would like to thank MJ for taking the time to pass on his knowledge and experiences; teaching people valuable lessons that can improve their lives and make an impact; because a great many legitimate wealthy people that could, won't and don't!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Disadvantaged youth are seldom let in on this secret to wealth creation.

Not just "disadvantaged youth" but society in general. People/politicians always complain about jobs, jobs, jobs! And yet, they continually throw a blind eye on "who" and actually "what" creates jobs. It's defies all logic to demonize the maternal parent of jobs and that is business. If we used politician logic, we'd effectively proclaim "Oh we love jobs! But we hate the mothers that give them birth."

NewWorldOrder

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 16, 2011
That's a lot cash. If the plan goes through, the challenge will be to figure out how to profit from it by understanding its implications. Whatever happens on the government side of the house, I'm ready!

A

Anon3587x

Until all politicians are successful entrepreneurs or have engineering backgrounds, they aren't worth a damn in my book because they don't know what actually 'works'.

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
Not just "disadvantaged youth" but society in general. People/politicians always complain about jobs, jobs, jobs! And yet, they continually throw a blind eye on "who" and actually "what" creates jobs. It's defies all logic to demonize the maternal parent of jobs and that is business. If we used politician logic, we'd effectively proclaim "Oh we love jobs! But we hate the mothers that give them birth."

The only kinds of businesses that politicians feel comfortable praising are small ones with less than 25 employees like "Mom & Pop" stores, people who franchise McDonald's, dry cleaners, etc. Big businesses = evil to politicians even though every big business started out as a small one.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I think if they did away with minimum wage everybody would have their place. It would certainly grow my business at a much faster pace. I would bet the the same would go for a lot of businesses.

If I could hire a couple people at a few bucks an hour to go out and hang up flyers and do menial stuff like that my business could grow and I could eventually hire more useful people.

I understand it is already hard to live on a minimum wage income... but there are people that dont need to live on their income and live with their parents or whatnot. And what about the people that cant find jobs?

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
I think if they did away with minimum wage everybody would have their place. It would certainly grow my business at a much faster pace. I would bet the the same would go for a lot of businesses.

If I could hire a couple people at a few bucks an hour to go out and hang up flyers and do menial stuff like that my business could grow and I could eventually hire more useful people.

I understand it is already hard to live on a minimum wage income... but there are people that dont need to live on their income and live with their parents or whatnot. And what about the people that cant find jobs?

Nope. If you got rid of minimum wage, people who are desperate and unemployed would underbid the rest of the qualified candidates by promising to work for the least amount of pay. Average wages for the lower class would go way down and there would be widespread poverty.

And, if you can't afford to pay someone $8 an hour to hang up flyers, then you are either very stingy or you need to save up some money to run your business. People who hold up signs and people who put up flyers earn you more than the $8 an hour you're paying them because if they do their job right they will attract lots of customers to you, that will pay you more than $8.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.