The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

One Reason I Love My Wife

Anything related to matters of the mind

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Vigilante I'm very j̶e̶a̶l̶o̶u̶s̶ happy for you. You are a lucky man. I am building something from scratch at the moment and mine won't even want to listen to what I have to say. :tiphat:

You can't change someone over night, it's a long process. 2 months after I got scammed out of $5,000 for a 2nd time, I decided to try importing. I mentioned it once to my wife and she was not cool with it. So I did it anyways, but just didn't tell her. My first product was a smashing success, and after selling it for two months, she asked me "Hey, I was thinking about trying a product X, have you heard of them?" to which I replied, "Yeah... I've got like 100 of them in the office right now...."

Be confident, make your business work, and in the meantime keep providing for her and your family. I found that talking more about my daily successes and less about how much I wanted to quit my job, was what slowly changed my wife's outlook.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Read "My wife grew up in a family where the lack of money was a source of constant stress and anxiety" as: money still does and will forever stress the hell out of her and she doesn't want to talk about it. She just needs to know that there is enough to pay the bills and go to Target a couple of times a month :). I hide nothing, and have always followed our one rule of keeping business and personal finances separate.

And we have one account, that I handle individually and responsibly.

I'll agree with that!

Good point. I would cringe a little at not knowing how our finances look like. That's just me though. :D

Rigged

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 17, 2015
New York
You can't change someone over night, it's a long process. 2 months after I got scammed out of $5,000 for a 2nd time, I decided to try importing. I mentioned it once to my wife and she was not cool with it. So I did it anyways, but just didn't tell her. My first product was a smashing success, and after selling it for two months, she asked me "Hey, I was thinking about trying a product X, have you heard of them?" to which I replied, "Yeah... I've got like 100 of them in the office right now...."

Be confident, make your business work, and in the meantime keep providing for her and your family. I found that talking more about my daily successes and less about how much I wanted to quit my job, was what slowly changed my wife's outlook.

I haven't had any failures. I already started my e-comm to test the waters with minor sales every week, I am not losing any money. She is not upset or worried about my failures. I start talking about the project I am working on at the moment and I just lose her. She literally start talking about something else. I am very annoyed because I am pretty sure that what I build it will be a succes. What annoys me even more is that I'm certain that after it will hit the market and bring in some cash, she will be all about it. I am going through the hardest part of it alone.
It is weird what's happening because she used to own and operate a business which was semi-sucessful (bringing in ~300k a year) so she knows the start in anything is the worst part.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.