The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Older but not done yet

Duckless

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Feb 1, 2018
SC
Hello everyone,

Spent the last 4 years pouring my heart and soul into building a website for a business that wasn't mine, trading my time for money. Business started taking off and I thought all was good because we were all "friends". Once the technical side was done, I was laid off because they couldn't afford to pay me anymore. They are making millions. I'm an idiot. I loved what I was doing so it never occurred to me that they were using me.

Lesson learned. I have started building my own site/app and last week came across the fastlane forum in my drive to educate myself. Read The Millionaire Fastlane and completely changed my perspective. Thank you so much @MJ DeMarco ! I have lived my life from sidewalk (way too long) to slowlane and and have now moved into the fastlane.

Yes, I'm late. I wish I had found your book sooner. If I give anything at all back to this forum it's this; MJ DeMarco is absolutely correct. Don't wait, do it now!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
First of all, welcome o the forum.

So, you've spent 4 years learning what it takes to develop a million dollar business. Congratulations!

I'm sure there are more than a few that would like to have first hand experience learning to develop a company that makes millions.

Embrace it.

Now use it.

4 years is is likened to a college education, EXCEPT rather than paying for it, you were being paid.

Now, go out and prove your worth, and create a business that will show that the last 4 years weren't for naught.

It is all about our mind wrap. Don't allow them to control your future even after your separation.

Their loss. Your gain.

Good luck.

Duckless

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Feb 1, 2018
SC
Thanks, @million$$$smile that is exactly what I intend to do. I have already started working on a site and app based on a few improvements I was going to suggest. Now I am going to build out the improvements as a standalone product. Based on my last four years of experience, I already know the need exists and I intend to take advantage!

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
As many on here have told me it's never too late. At 47 I'm just getting started myself.

Welcome...I look forward to hearing about your progress.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I'm an idiot. I loved what I was doing so it never occurred to me that they were using me.
Never an idiot. Did you learn something?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...