The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Old man tries to start

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Hallo!
There are a few ideas, which have crystallized for me. And both of them are in my thoughts for years. Not for a business, but for my interests. They are solving real problems in my life.

In my 2 niches( both two wheels related) which are very similar.
a gadget similar in both areas.
I have nearly solved the fabricating (In larger numbers; did my own allready)
I m fighting on the material sources.(for industrial scale(duration)
And the design must be tested at different vehicles, other than mines.

in the main niche of theese two, I developed a gadged, which I use since years. I cant find out, wheather that thing is really acceptated by people.

Untill now I took an existing thing and build mine out of it.

For really testing the market, I had to make a good shape/design and offer it.

How could I decide , if its worth the ivest?

This would really get cents, if need is met.

both of them are them are invention/development, which is good for me.

Maybe here I could go on.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
One year. Aniversary of the thread.

What happened?

First of all, the result is near zero. I am not where I dreamed to be.
no great perspective from any busyness I started.

Going the way was very interesting. I have tried several things
What I know better now is, what I want.

As I am financial secured, there is no need for me to do any crappy business.
now its the question is that good or a disadvantage for me?

e-commerce: a great thing, reading threads of good players, But I m too stupid to only source anything to sell.
I m working on some parts I devellpp and produce, but there I m struggeling with the NEED factor.

Writing books: great idea. I d like to do that. But i haven t jet
Stop. I wrote one. But its not compatible with my job, so I have canceled that for the first.

In the end allways my job returns: working here another 2 hours makes me more money than I did in 1,5 year side husteling.

One What I really would like, is the SaaS thing. But I m too clueless about that.

Another is real estate. Here I m too fearfull.

Wenn now there are some things I have learned here in the fastlane forum :
There are countless people struggling with getting their income.
Some are earning good money.
The real fastlaners are very, very few.
Thats a point, which I consider very precious for me. It shows me, that my value for myself in not below average.

Last edited:

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 8, 2019
In the end allways my job returns: working here another 2 hours makes me more money than I did in 1,5 year side husteling.

Maybe this attitude could be your problem and the solution at once.

Maybe you are just curious about the idea behind the entrepreneurship and less into the execution?

It is like with meditation. Some people are meditating and they see it as a way of improving their lives. But the real value of it comes from being in meditation, instead of a fancy lifestyle.

Maybe you can answer this question for yourself: What is the big goal behind your work?

In my opinion just making more money and have a better life is a minor goal. Because nobody cares how you live in general.

Driving a yellow Lamborghini in your local fancy shopping street, the driver is still a faceless nobody inside this car.

The same is with entrepreneurship. The big motivation comes from to be recognized for something big. These people can even exist from their Hyundai and they will be recognized for what they have done.

As long you dont know for what you want to be recognized for, your work will have no focus and the frustration will be high.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
Maybe this attitude could be your problem and the solution at once.

Maybe you are just curious about the idea behind the entrepreneurship and less into the execution?

It is like with meditation. Some people are meditating and they see it as a way of improving their lives. But the real value of it comes from being in meditation, instead of a fancy lifestyle.

Maybe you can answer this question for yourself: What is the big goal behind your work?

In my opinion just making more money and have a better life is a minor goal. Because nobody cares how you live in general.

Driving a yellow Lamborghini in your local fancy shopping street, the driver is still a faceless nobody inside this car.

The same is with entrepreneurship. The big motivation comes from to be recognized for something big. These people can even exist from their Hyundai and they will be recognized for what they have done.

As long you dont know for what you want to be recognized for, your work will have no focus and the frustration will be high.
Good points. I've been thinking about how to respond to the OP.
One year. Aniversary of the thread.

What happened?

First of all, the result is near zero. I am not where I dreamed to be.
no great perspective from any busyness I started.

Going the way was very interesting. I have tried several things
What I know better now is, what I want.

As I am financial secured, there is no need for me to do any crappy business.
now its the question is that good or a disadvantage for me?

e-commerce: a great thing, reading threads of good players, But I m too stupid to only source anything to sell.
I m working on some parts I devellpp and produce, but there I m struggeling with the NEED factor.

Writing books: great idea. I d like to do that. But i haven t jet
Stop. I wrote one. But its not compatible with my job, so I have canceled that for the first.

One What I really would like, is the SaaS thing. But I m too clueless about that.

Another is real estate. Here I m too fearfull.

Wenn now there are some things I have learned here in the fastlane forum :
There are countless people struggling with getting their income.
Some are earning good money.
The real fastlaners are very, very few.
Thats a point, which I consider very precious for me. It shows me, that my value for myself in not below average.
Maybe you don't have a strong enough "why." Maybe you're just not an entrepreneur. Maybe you are enamored with the destination, but don't want to take the long, hard journey to get there. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right. Not judging you at all. Entrepreneurship ain't for everybody. Just a few thoughts.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
In one or the other way you are both right.

Last edited:

Mysterious

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Mar 13, 2017
Europe
Hey, didn't read all of your posts, but how about you offer consulting services for other business owners who want to start selling in Germany? With ecommerce you risk losing money by buying products and not selling.
You said " I am not sure if I can do this by law and do that", which means other people have those same questions. Consulting is not fastlane, but its a start.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
In the last 3 months I had some ups and downs.
My job has some F*cking points pushong me. I just don’t know the direction.

In december I rented 2 onlineshops for 12 € each a year.(I didnt do anything with them
A school friend promised a business he had some years ago. I could go on, where he stoped.
But in the end I didn’t get anything. No inventory, no brand, no homepage.

My dream of an shop rose again. I now have a dropship source in Germany in a very big niche. I ll force me to set some assets in a shop and try it.
When I succeed, I ll have to make a woocommerce shop to make that automatically.

I m building a garage/workshop. Its a big project for me. covid doesnt make it easier.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Some weeks later.
I deveoped some equipment I use at dirtbiking.
It was a shit whole work, but in the end I didn’t see a big need. So I won t go much further with it.
My biggest competitor can just make some k per year. In the long run thats not, what for I invest a lot of energy. My JOB brings more.

The dropship I wanted to try is a dead end due to regulations I imagine too big as the the probably of success is too small in comparison.
( some one wants www.active-supplements.com? ;) )

I invested in some stocks, which maybe make me rich, but propably the only show me my dumpness.

I overlooked the crypto boom that happened. Thanks god my son showed some action here.

My garage : the building permit is lasting long. But there s new law, you are permitted to build longest after 3 months.

Now entrepreneur whise I m at an awful point. But I will survive!
Any hints here?

I have an aim: I want to ride an endless wheely on a bicycle again. I could do 40 years ago. But age makes all a bit more difficult.

BTW I like the forum and the forumists!

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I nearly refused to start an execution thread because of several reasons.
- i m 54 years old now, I have good slowlane job,
-with rising age my endurance with a business working decreases.
-I see my remaining time being endless,
- I have much fun living, working, making sports and I have good friends for drinking beer, too.
-because these reasons I want and will not spend 60 hours working and thats the reason, why I refused to make a such promise to me or others.

since I fell over the FLM and therefor I m here in the forum and I deal much with the idea of entrepreneurship, an idea rised,up again.
About 20 years ago a dream of me started.
There for the first Time I heared about a internet shop, which sells someting he doesn’t have in stock and earns money though.
I made a website, butI didn’t succeed to make it good and earning anything.

The last months I learned much that works and much about what doesn t work.

So here is a dream, a goal I have. And I make purposely small goals, I think.

My goal 3 months ago was to get a website, where I offer something. This target I achieved. I have a website, which offers someting. Without a shop and customers, but I offer something there.

My next target is to get a website with a dropshipping shop with at least 50 different goods I offer. of course anbody else could do that in one month, my target is to have it in summer next year.

I hope I can tell someting positive.
Good job getting started.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Three months later.
I enjoy my life, though my health tends to get that of an old man.

I reduce my 9-5 work As much as I can. Its mor of a 10 to 2 job now. Some days more, some days nearly off.

My entrepreneural journey calmed down. I have some construction engines I rent out. But thats more for reducing taxes. Truely I enjoy lending them to friends for free.

My son has a plan to build special motorcycles as a factory owner in the long run. A big plan. I hope I can support him enough.

What I take out of the forum most positive is the turned view on the world. From a consumer to producer.

I recognized the crypto area. Amazing.

Just for myself I will write down my thoughts in a few months.
And maybe someone is interested a bit.

Last edited:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
2 weeks ago I was asked for a copper gasket I produced some years ago.
In order to help that man I re organiced the business where I let them cut than.

Today I could finally help him with 3 gaskets. And some money followed.

a good feeling!

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
No. I didn’t succeed going towards the fastline.
Yes, my mindset changed 100% since I m here and red the first two books.

But now I don’t still try desperately try to get in business.
Else than that I read success stories in the forum and am happy for the ones.
I much talk to businessmen about businesses. And other than in former days I hate ppl telling how they tricked out their employers .

My conversations are satisfying. And I get rewards in my job, where I work as a semi entrepreneur. ( its not my business, but I earn good , quite little hours, I can choose and organize my work). Its amazing: nearly in every conversation there’s a point I can help in any way. Mindset, technical or just motivation.

I could make my own business in my job, but it wouldn’t bring any better. Wouldn’t be scalable due to the lack of educated employees.

Though I still enjoy reading here. You all are great.
But I think I arrived where I can arrive now. Maybe my children can go further. I ll support, where I can.

So thats for you not so successful people: stay on track, be pleased and allways have an eye on whom you can help! That really helps!

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
throw dave thomas (wendys) and colonel sanders (KFC) to that list. Really cashing social security and realizing back then! that it wasnt meant for them.... Good thing you have stumbled upon this, maybe the mindset and mentality will help you live longer and give you value and purpose to live in such a crazed world. welcome aboard.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
No. I didn’t succeed going towards the fastline.
Yes, my mindset changed 100% since I m here and red the first two books.

But now I don’t still try desperately try to get in business.
Else than that I read success stories in the forum and am happy for the ones.
I much talk to businessmen about businesses. And other than in former days I hate ppl telling how they tricked out their employers .

My conversations are satisfying. And I get rewards in my job, where I work as a semi entrepreneur. ( its not my business, but I earn good , quite little hours, I can choose and organize my work). Its amazing: nearly in every conversation there’s a point I can help in any way. Mindset, technical or just motivation.

I could make my own business in my job, but it wouldn’t bring any better. Wouldn’t be scalable due to the lack of educated employees.

Though I still enjoy reading here. You all are great.
But I think I arrived where I can arrive now. Maybe my children can go further. I ll support, where I can.

So thats for you not so successful people: stay on track, be pleased and allways have an eye on whom you can help! That really helps!

Don't know about "I think I arrived where I can arrive now." One thing about business ... it can be like an itch that you must scratch. It can be frustrating and you want at times to say "I am done, not doing this or that" and then you are back at it. I remember by first business was a side hustle too. Failed before it even got started, embarrassing to even talk about it. Second time was even worse, I gave up before it even failed because I lost faith. What a mistake, with current knowledge I could have done differently. Next few times were uneventful and even saw a smidgen of success until my part time bookkeeper stopped recording invoices (who knows why) and we bid on jobs thinking we are making profits while actually running a loss. Almost wiped us out. This was all way before I read MJs books or knew of this forum. But the itch didn't go away, I kept my job and make good money. Before you know it, things worked out. Better than expected and I can't imagine living any other way.
Oh and age is just a number. That itch will be there regardless.
This is my "one man's opinion". I may be wrong, but thought I'd share and encourage you to never give up. Keep trying, it's all about grit.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.