I have a deeply rooted group of friends that goes back to about 2002. We have been a VERY close group ever since.
About a year ago I read TMF and it really hit home. Since then I have taken some big steps into the entrepreneurial world. I know it is the path that I want to take for life.
Unfortunately, my friends don't see things the same. I did get 2 of them to read the book, but their lives literally still revolve around video games and television series. My roommate will spend entire weekend switching back and forth between video games and TV, and that will be all that he does.
I feel as if these relationships are becoming toxic and are greatly holding me back in my ventures. I'm not sure what do, as I do not have many friendships outside of this group.
At the same time, I am hoping to find some people who share my passion and drive for entrepreneurship. How have you guys met friends who you can share your journey with and help each other along?
About a year ago I read TMF and it really hit home. Since then I have taken some big steps into the entrepreneurial world. I know it is the path that I want to take for life.
Unfortunately, my friends don't see things the same. I did get 2 of them to read the book, but their lives literally still revolve around video games and television series. My roommate will spend entire weekend switching back and forth between video games and TV, and that will be all that he does.
I feel as if these relationships are becoming toxic and are greatly holding me back in my ventures. I'm not sure what do, as I do not have many friendships outside of this group.
At the same time, I am hoping to find some people who share my passion and drive for entrepreneurship. How have you guys met friends who you can share your journey with and help each other along?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
