The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Oilman's Meal Prep Business Thread

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Oilman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
May 1, 2019
Hello there,

I've had many failures everything ranging from not being able to find a job in the field I went to college for to never making over 100K per year. It wasn't for a lack of trying, as I've tried making businesses such as lead gen before realizing that stuff is ridiculously hard. I can't deal with cold emailing people and not getting a response, it makes me angry. This will be the year when everything changes. I have a lot on my plate at the moment, doing stuff like John Carlton's copywriting coaching. I need to find time to mix some of his coaching with what I'm currently doing.

I pledge to stay in this business for 12 months. I will update this thread at least once a week. I'm also open to any kind of constructive criticism.

My goal for this week is to pass out my flyers. My flyer isn't perfect but I'm tired of reading so much and not taking enough action. All I need is 2-3 clients and I think I can make at least 1K per month. I know this is a slow lane-ish kind of business but literally anything at this point is better than nothing or the dreaded entry level position that I'm used to doing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Where are you hanging out fliers?

Could you leave them in gyms? Maybe partner with gyms? Same with supplement stores.

The gym I go to has fridges full of prepped meals. And one local supplement store is used as a pick up location for an online meal prep company.

Oilman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
May 1, 2019
Hey I'm still committing to this project. Just had so much stuff to do in the past few weeks. I set up an instagram, told some people about it as well as my business. Have also made outreach to local news media to no avail.

Where are you hanging out fliers?

Could you leave them in gyms? Maybe partner with gyms? Same with supplement stores.

The gym I go to has fridges full of prepped meals. And one local supplement store is used as a pick up location for an online meal prep company.
This is a great idea! Thanks. I'm kind of all over the place with doing work and one thing Perry Marshall taught me is to focus on $1,000/hour tasks.

To answer your question, I was just handing out flyers near an opera in the city I live. I won't lie it hurt to get rejected but I see it as screening to get that 2-3 clients to pay me top dollar. Tired of working low paying food jobs.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
one thing Perry Marshall taught me is to focus on $1,000/hour tasks.

When starting out, you have to do $10 and $100 tasks first before you can focus on $1000 tasks. You can't go from zero to something by pretending that your time is worth so much that you're above grunt work.

Nomads

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 3, 2014
I have always loved this idea - people without fail seem to want to hear healthy but complain about never having the time to cook. I like what @MitchC suggested about leaving your information in gyms to build your customer base.

I listened to a podcast not too long ago (I think it was an Andy Frisella - RealAF/MFCEO one) where they had a lady on who just started cooking out of her house and selling the prepared meals to people she met at the gym while working out. Before she knew it her business EXPLODED. People saw her in the gym and knew her as the fit lady who made good meals for people with similar goals and all wanted to do the same.

Otherwise, pound the pavement for sure. I started my service business by leaving door hangers everywhere and listening to podcasts.

Watching for updates!

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I have always loved this idea - people without fail seem to want to hear healthy but complain about never having the time to cook. I like what @MitchC suggested about leaving your information in gyms to build your customer base.

I listened to a podcast not too long ago (I think it was an Andy Frisella - RealAF/MFCEO one) where they had a lady on who just started cooking out of her house and selling the prepared meals to people she met at the gym while working out. Before she knew it her business EXPLODED. People saw her in the gym and knew her as the fit lady who made good meals for people with similar goals and all wanted to do the same.

Otherwise, pound the pavement for sure. I started my service business by leaving door hangers everywhere and listening to podcasts.

Watching for updates!
I forgot about that story, it’s one of the really early MFCEO episodes

Nomads

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 3, 2014
I forgot about that story, it’s one of the really early MFCEO episodes

Thought so! I tried to dig it up but cannot find it.

Regardless 100% recommend listening to all of Andy Frisella's MFCEO stuff @Oilman - you will stumble upon the episode eventually and really enjoy it.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
To answer your question, I was just handing out flyers near an opera in the city I live.
I love the kind of initiative that this shows.

Don't be afraid to try new things. Don't be afraid to fail.

The more you fail, the more you'll learn.

The more you learn, the better your business will become.

1650127055366.png

Oilman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
May 1, 2019
Thanks for the advice. I'm still doing this, just frankly discouraged I can't even get my social circle to accept my services. I am going to do a documentary next year to better market my services. Also as somebody mentioned yes, I understand I have to do the $10/hour work.

I was at a cooking contest a week ago and met some people that can help me out. I also took some pictures and will need to put aside time today to post them up.

I'm juggling this with school and another business. I'm pretty stressed out but it will be worth it at the end.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.