The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Oil Hits A Low Of 81.32!

Anything related to investing, including crypto
G

Guest3722A

Gas out here is finally below $3 a gallon. It would be awesome if it retested 77.28 from two years ago!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
Same here...finally reached $2.99 in KS. What a welcomed site...even though I now drive 35+ mpg car and don't drive anywhere really. But saves on roadtrips! How long until they are predicting it goes up? Thanksgiving?

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Summer I got my first car was 2001. Cost me a crisp $10 to fill the tank. Man, I'd love to see those days again.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Wanting to keep this non-political per forum rules, and all political parties are equally bad, but mid terms are coming up. Conspiracy theorists including myself see the correlation, although the official talking points are that the reduction on prices are due to the changeover from summer blends to winter fuel blends, and a clearing of "existing inventory."

Writer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 26, 2014
Texas. (Mars during summer)
Wanting to keep this non-political per forum rules, and all political parties are equally bad, but mid terms are coming up. Conspiracy theorists including myself see the correlation, although the official talking points are that the reduction on prices are due to the changeover from summer blends to winter fuel blends, and a clearing of "existing inventory."

Mandatory conspiracy theory meme :)

image.png

LOYD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Sep 10, 2013
Was wondering why gas was slowing dropping around here. Not complaining though lol. I'm in the Atlanta area, and many of the gas stations have been around the $3.15 mark consistently the past few weeks.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
My prediction is $2.49 national average by the first Tuesday in November, and then it will rise back up to $3.00 before people have to hit the road for the holidays.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
Just checked gas station. Still $4.14. Granted that's premium. Regular was $3.87. Goddamnit rural Pennsylvania.

I normally pay no attention to gas prices (the whole "go to this station to save $0.04 a gallon on 10 gallons of gas seems retarded to me.) But I'll start taking notice if it drops $1/gallon or more.

G

Guest3722A

My prediction is $2.49 national average by the first Tuesday in November, and then it will rise back up to $3.00 before people have to hit the road for the holidays.
The dollar has rallied almost 50% since July. It looks to me like it needs to take a breather though.

leono

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Apr 12, 2012
Glad I'm not the only one noticing this! Every year the price of gas "mysteriously" goes down right around the November elections and soon after "mysteriously" goes back up. It's kind of comical how it always seems to happen so magically.

markonestock

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Oct 16, 2014
so I am guessing the drillers and the frackers in the USA aren't enjoying this?

I hear it was the Saudis flooding the market to lower prices....manipulation goes on every-where.

markonestock

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Oct 16, 2014
I suspect Russia is the primary reason the market is being manipulated. Russia cannot maintain a balanced budget with oil under $90 a barrel, and sanctions make it difficult for them to find financing at favorable terms... or so of I've read.
You think USA leant on Saudi here?

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
we are talking about oil prices not minerals though.
When you own the mineral rights, you get paid for whatever they take out of the ground except water; minerals, oil, natural gas, propane, etc.

Last edited:
G

Guest3722A

So, Putin says he's going to run bomber patrols in the Gulf, oil drops to 74ish, and the US found a way to acquire 160,000 (or more) hazmat suits on the sly. In addition, Russia has been within 50 miles of the California coast, and has actually practiced cruise missile strikes on the US earlier this year, from what I gather in early September, and also from what I gather the hazmat suits were purchased a week thereafter. Interesting timeline. Also, these cellphonesque COMMUNICATION towers that have been going up without an explanation are suspicious. There's one right up the street from here they've been working on for the last few months that's not even a mile away from an actual tower.

Anyway, yeah....oil's around $74

Last edited by a moderator:

Bananas

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Sep 1, 2014
Texas
So, Putin says hey's going to run bomber patrols in the Gulf, oil drops to 74ish, and the US found a way to acquire 160,000 (or more) hazmat suits on the sly. In addition, Russia has been within 50 miles of the California coast, and has actually practiced cruise missile strikes on the US earlier this year, from what I gather in early September, and also from what I gather the hazmat suits were purchased a week thereafter. Interesting timeline. Also, these cellphone towers that have been going up without an explanation are suspicious. There's one right up the street from here they've been working on for the last few months that's not even a mile away from an actual tower.

$2.69 Racetrac closest to my house (outside DFW).

redsfaithful

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Jul 2, 2014
Bexley, OH
So, Putin says he's going to run bomber patrols in the Gulf, oil drops to 74ish, and the US found a way to acquire 160,000 (or more) hazmat suits on the sly. In addition, Russia has been within 50 miles of the California coast, and has actually practiced cruise missile strikes on the US earlier this year, from what I gather in early September, and also from what I gather the hazmat suits were purchased a week thereafter. Interesting timeline. Also, these cellphonesque COMMUNICATION towers that have been going up without an explanation are suspicious. There's one right up the street from here they've been working on for the last few months that's not even a mile away from an actual tower.

My advice:

- Document all the things you are reading on your favorite conspiracy websites
- In 12-24 months go back to your documentation and realize none of it came true or mattered

Then, if you are a truly rare individual who can practice self reflection, stop wasting time feeding your mind nonsense. Feel free to skip to this last step now if capable.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Just checked gas station. Still $4.14. Granted that's premium. Regular was $3.87. Goddamnit rural Pennsylvania.

Wow, where do you live? It's 2.57 here.

Developmental

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
403%
Oct 10, 2014
Nottingham, UK
Fuel prices have fallen here in the UK too - to the equivalent of about $8 per US gallon (3.73 litres )

how depressing...

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
Wow, where do you live? It's 2.57 here.

Like 90 minutes outside of Philly. It's down to about $3.00/gallon now (regular.) That post was a month ago.

I think it's usually cheaper in Jersey. But then... y'know... you have to go to Jersey. *shudders* ;)

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Thanks Obama :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts