The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ObamaForums.com

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
I don't want this to lead to a political discussion which is against the rules, but I own the domain obamaforums.com - and I am neither a Republican nor a Democrat but snatched this domain up when he was a Senator thinking of running.

I was thinking of going over to Flippa and selling it.

How much do you think I should list it for... or start the bidding at? It's just the domain.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Yes and then I could retire with $12Trillion. Heck I will sell it for half that. :smxF:

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Reg fee?

Nothing personal, I'm just not into that venue.

Any reference to previous/recent sales of that nature? Age? I know memorabilia was selling for a while, but you've got "forums" in the name.

Throw a site on it for sure. I can do that for you for 35% of min. BIN, if > $200, in < 24hrs.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
I'm sure I'm not the only one who ran into this thread ready to throw the hammer down.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
So nobody can look past the politics and offer an opinion? mtnman seems to be the only one. :smxF:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I think its peak value will be while he is president, so I'd sell within the next 3 years, or 7 if he is re-elected. To be safe, I'd sell NOW since the duration of his presidency will be its peak-durational value, regardless of reelection. It almost reminds me of a call option on a stock; as time passes, its value will go down. Right now it is "in the money" ... when he leaves office, it will be "out of the money"

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Maybe I should toss up a Wordpress platform on there and start pulling in feeds from all kinds of Obama sources.

Couldn't hurt. Then I could assess the damage in 6 months.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
I think its peak value will be while he is president, so I'd sell within the next 3 years, or 7 if he is re-elected. To be safe, I'd sell NOW since the duration of his presidency will be its peak-durational value, regardless of reelection. It almost reminds me of a call option on a stock; as time passes, its value will go down. Right now it is "in the money" ... when he leaves office, it will be "out of the money"

I very much agree!!! 2 years into his term. Perhaps he can wait till he is doing well in the pools. Would have been best sold after he won the presidency tho!!!

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Well I tossed up a blog last night and am pulling in some news feeds from a few sources. Updates hourly or so. Maybe it will help generate some traffic and get a page rank. Might be able to add value to it before i decide to sell. And maybe wait until his poll numbers go up. 'IF' I guess would be a better term.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia

too funny, I was thinking the exact same thing, although I feel (hope) it will be out of the money in 3 years.

John

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Sep 18, 2007
I'd put a vBulletin forum up on it and try to get some activity going now. If you can get it established now, you'll see a real upswing in traffic during campaign season leading up to the 2012 elections. The trick is keeping at least some activity going on the forum and getting it ranked well in the search engines. In my opinion you'd make more from putting ads on the forum during the 2012 madness than you would from selling the domain. Just realize that after the 2012 elections the traffic and value will drop.

If you wanted, you could also list the domain for a relatively high price now while you're building up the forum. If it sells for the high price, great. If not, you'll make some money during the election season.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Good idea. I had a vbulletin site up there way back while he was duking it out with Hillary for the Democratic ticket. At that time I couldn't maintain it. I had too much going on. I didn't even have the time to find a few Moderators to run it. I was going to do that again now that I have a little more time but I just don't know if I want to get back into it. I may try to give it a google PR and then just sell it off. Someone else may want to snatch it up and create a forum for the 2012 race. I just don't see me doing it.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Due to my situation, I wonder if I could sell this now and get a good amount for it. I will give 5% to anyone who can find a buyer for at least $6,000 :thumbsup:

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
haha. I have more cool domains if you sell any of them I'll give 5% broker fee for them... :notworthy:

Game is on. I am going to see if I can sell of a bunch of domains and some sites.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
so, did you sell it? you still own it? what's your plan for it?

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
I still own it with no definite plans. I was thinking of possibly starting a forum with the major issues and let both conservative and liberal debate to occur.

If anyone is interested in being a Moderator with me, and there is enough interest, maybe we can split the revenue generated from it some how. I just don't have time to do it alone.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Will you take a lease? I pay you $300/mo to use it ... if it makes $100,000/mo I keep it all. If it makes $3/mo, I take the loss. Deal?

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
hmmm... let me think about that. Interesting offer. Leasing.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Actually I would have to take the cost of hosting into account. If you get a crap load of members it may cost me more than $300 in bandwidth.

Let me see if I can work out something. I need to go have some coffee first.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Actually I would have to take the cost of hosting into account. If you get a crap load of members it may cost me more than $300 in bandwidth.

Let me see if I can work out something. I need to go have some coffee first.

Domain leases usually don't include hosting. It's $300 just to use the domain name.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Thanks. I am new to the whole concept of leasing so if I don't make any sense that's why haha.

I sent MJ a Private Message. :smx9:

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
MJ did you get my PM's??

Please SEARCH before posting.