• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Nootropics (Brain drugs!)

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by awkwardgenius, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Yussef

Yussef Knowledge Recycler Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,094
    Really interesting blog. I am taking some time to check bulletproof out today. He kind of reminds me of Tim Ferris. Good looking out D-Fresh

2. awkwardgenius

awkwardgenius Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $328
    Just got my first order of Noopept. Came quicker than I thought! Took 20mg with some Vitamin C (since I'm fighting off a cold), acetyl l-carnitine, fish oil for Omega 3s, all taken with a big glass of green tea for caffeine and l-theanine.

I'll report my results, but i don't expect too much since it's my first dose, and I've heard reports that the effects are cumulative...also, the order I got today was in capsules, and the most effective administration is sublingual, so I don't think I'll get the best results from swallowing them.

3. Omerta

Omerta Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $744
    If anyone here live in Canada and know how to get provigil or piracetam, please let me know. I have a terrible illness (some of you obviously saw my thread on it) and maybe nootropics would be the solution. Can a psychiatrist prescribe it?

4. InLikeFlint

InLikeFlint Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,490
    Loving these replies, especially after a long day of travel!

I'm glad to hear you don't think it will be a problem to take it daily.

Here are my next few questions:

- How would daily work? I read somewhere that they last like 12-14 hours...but I have school from 9-4 daily, workout from 5-7:30 and do homework from like 8ish to anywhere from 12 to as late as 4....I want to be intent in school with good test taking, note taking, understanding, etc, and that would overlap with my workout which would be good, but what about my studying/business stuff at night? I want to stay up all night with it and make my studying and business stuff good too, would that require 2 pills a day?

- What do I need to pair it with? Right now I am thinking Piracetam, Provigil, and my normal Multi Vitamin, Vitamin C, and Fruits and Vegetables vitamins, but what else? Cholin, Vitamin D, Fish Oil? Not sure what to do there...or maybe I don't need both Piracetam and Provigil, although because of my serious track sheet of concussions it might be necessary to use Piracetam for the memory, and Provigil for the other effects...

- I know no one will obviously be able to give me an exact answer but I'd like to ask anyways...what would happen if I got caught? Whether it be by my school, my friends, my parents...would they be mad? disappointed? Would i lose academic credibility? Obviously kids hide more serious drugs from their parents than Nootropics, and I live in a dorm 8 months out of the year so it wouldn't be hard to hide at all...but in the extreme situation I do get caught...then what?

I'd also have to figure out ordering it...a random charge on my credit card bill could possibly rase alarm to my parents...maybe they can do discrete ordering, or I could have them load some money onto a debit card for me, or I could buy a prepaid, or someone else could get it for me. Wow I just solved my own question by typing :p

5. awkwardgenius

awkwardgenius Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $328
    Heh...Nicotine is excellent for habit formation. Probably not the best habits, per say...but it works like a champ. :p

6. Skys

Skys Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $460
    I use Ritalin.

7. andviv

andviv Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,048
    Reading this I recalled this video, it may provide some answers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KLjgBLwH3Wc

8. Halffull

Halffull Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $66
    Only because it's paired with not the best habits... what if I pair it with exercise, rather than smoking?

9. InLikeFlint

InLikeFlint Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,490
    Does it really work that way? Isn't there a huge chance to become addicted to something not beneficial?

10. andviv

andviv Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,048
    Interesting concept. How would you do that? How do you find and consume nicotine after exercising?

11. Likwid24

Likwid24 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $35,182
    I've looked into modafinil because I have shift work disorder. I'm a fireman, and work 2-3 nights a weak. I have terrible sleeping habits due to that. It's actually a huge part of my motivation to become a success. I can't wait to get back to normal sleeping habits!

But, according to what I read, Modafinil pretty much keeps you awake, which is not actually solving the problem. Not getting the right amount of sleep causes many more problems such as elevated cortisol levels, which causes fat retention, short term memory loss, and a whole slew of diseases.

I'm very interested in Brain health, but not to sacrifice the rest of my body.

12. Likwid24

Likwid24 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $35,182
    1 person likes this.
  13. Halffull

Rep Bank:
    $66
    Note that I wouldn't consume it *After* because nicotine doesn't act as a reward mechanism, it simply makes the dopamine receptors more receptive. I would consume it just before or during.

The three easiest ways to consume it are nicotine patches, nicotine gum, and nicotine vapor. Nicotine vapor is very cheap, but I worry that such a quick dosage could increase the small likelihood of addiction, so I'm using the gum. Apparently there are lozenges which are even cheaper, but unfortunately I didn't know that when I got the gum.

Nicotine itself is not that addictive. See here for the information about how it only really becomes addictive when combined with other compounds.

However, what it does do is increase your brain's ability to make positive associations, which is why it should theoretically be so helpful in habit formation.

If you want to learn more, most of my sources are pulled from here and here. Both great sources you should be checking before getting on any nootropic.

14. Omerta

Omerta Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $744
    I am considering taking modafinil or other nootropics. Because I'm so f*cking sick of my illness. I have extreme memory loss. Do you think nootropics could help?

15. ambition21

ambition21 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $40
    Ordered some modafinil online - should be arriving in a few days. Can't WAIT to test it out.

16. Mike39

Mike39 Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,316
    Talk to someone certified to answer those questions, brosience isn't exactly something to bet your mental health on

Kingmaker, andviv and Red like this.
  17. Halffull

Rep Bank:
    $66
    Neither is the clusterfuck that is modern establishment medical care. Combine doctor's opinions with your own research and self-experimentation.

18. ChrisV

ChrisV Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,440
    I do (take prodigal/modafinil) but i have ADHD so i literally need it to function.

And yes, I do know this is an old thread, but I wanted to bump it to get this conversation re-started.