Hey all, starting to get my business going. What I'm doing is snack boxes for a specific demographic. I've done some validation with retail-bought items and have a pretty good idea what will work for my audience. Amazon carries enough of the products I'm reselling that it would be possible to do this entirely with FBA, but I have some questions and figured I'd ask here.
- I would need to have the boxes contain items from many vendors, possibly up to two dozen in the worst case (not just two or three). Is this a problem? Does it add any cost? Does anyone have experience doing FBA like this (rather than just one or a very small number of different items)?
- Does Amazon do custom boxes at all? I haven't been able to find info on their site about this. I've found other companies that do, but then you have to send your inventory to them.
- Some items seem to be significantly cheaper on Amazon than direct from the manufacturer. One product I definitely want to sell only goes down to $2.19/unit for a min order of 96, but is available (apparently from that manufacturer) thru Amazon for $1.89/unit for a min order of only 24...what's up with that?
- For things I can't get on Amazon can I set myself up as a seller and then ship inventory to Amazon, and include that in multi-channel FBA shipments? Is that a dumb idea?
- Is there a good source of info on this? Amazon's site itself is not very forthcoming with details.
- Are there companies other than Amazon I should be looking at?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
