The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Nomad Lifestyle

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

George R

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 15, 2018
Sofia
Hello fastlaners!
I am pretty new and i am not pretty sure this is the right category for this thread so i am really sorry if it isn't.
My name is George and the reason i am writing this i because i need advice. I am 19 years old and i am graduating from High school and i honestly don't want to start university yet (i have no idea what i want to study and i feel like i am going to throw away a lot of money). I decided that i want to do a gap year in which i want to travel starting from Hawaii and i made a friend of mine pretty keen on this idea so we took our time researching and we will most likely go. My biggest concern about this trip is that i will not have money to pay for my life and i will have to return home. This is why i need your advice.
I was wondering what i can do from any point of the world and first thing that came to my mind was dropshipping because it seems easy and i don't need to invest much money in it but i did a small research and i found out that shipping from china takes like a month and i am not really sure that people will want to buy from me.
Recently i got my hands on one of Tai Lopez's courses about creating a social media marketing agency and i watched a lot of his videos and it seems quite interesting and well- paid but since i am 19 i doubt that people will trust me and let me handle heir online marketing.
What do you think is the best thing i can do to support financially my 1 year trip. (If the "Business" i make is a able to grow and i can travel my whole life that would be just amazing)

Thank for reading this long article i hope you all have a great day!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Tai Lopez's courses about creating a social media marketing agency
I actually had a dream about Tai Lopez last night.

In that dream, he just launched a course that teaches people how to setup a bar and restaurants in the lobby's of various luxury hotels.

It sounded ridiculous.

These people who want to get rich quick on the internet don't want to put in the work and effort to setup bars and restaurants. That requires a lot of time and effort.

"Why don't you teach them how to build a business that serves the needs of various markets, instead of some type of easy-sounding thing that everybody else is doing?" I asked him.

He responded, "When you give someone a cut-and-paste step-by-step path, and make it sound easier than it actually is, this is when they buy my training programs and I make a lot of money."

In that dream, I then began asking him for marketing knowledge.

He got mad at me and wouldn't talk to me.

True story.

varifix

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Dec 22, 2017
Central America
Well...
There are tons of options here for you. I am a full time 'digital nomad'. In the last year I have lived in Costa Rica, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia & Vietnam.

Along the road I've met so many people making so much money in so many different ways. Sadly, for you, there isn't a 'best way' to make money for this kind of lifestyle.

I personally do web development (e-commerce specifically) freelance work.
Literally anything you can do from your bedroom in *wherever you live now* you can do abroad, as long as you can deal with the timezones.

Dropshipping, Amazon FBA, marketing, programming, copywriting, photography, music, etc. All of them can/do work for nomads - you just need to excel in your field and manage your time well (especially when your client's are 15 hours ahead of you :()

Good luck!

dior616

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
May 9, 2017
Texas
i found out that shipping from china takes like a month and i am not really sure that people will want to buy from me.
Recently i got my hands on one of Tai Lopez's courses about creating a social media marketing agency and i watched a lot of his videos and it seems quite interesting and well- paid but since i am 19 i doubt that people will trust me and let me handle heir online marketing.

Why are you doubting yourself? Start reading the GOLD threads...

You can start with this:
You don't need to be an expert

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jon2089

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Feb 11, 2017
US
If you had the cure for cancer, do you think anyone would care about your age?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.