The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

NO ONE cares about your business

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

dbelov275

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 7, 2017
Europe
Funny enough, this is so true. Everyone has their own business and thinking your own business should be top in everyone agenda is a bit too silly. Even those who works for you is doing so because of their own benefit not yours.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
I dunno, maybe I should pussyfoot around like most people and not be so direct. *shrugs shoulders*

Sounds like a good way to have your vendor treat you like a small customer, even if you're a big one.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
This is something I constantly struggle with. I'm a "nice guy" and tend to be very, very gentle with communication with anyone. As a result I tend to accept a lot of missed deadlines and frustrations that realistically I should have probably put my foot down on.

Luckily, my wife is now taking an active roll in our new business and to say she doesn't put up with shit like I do is an understatement :)

We tend to draw each other into the middle. I tell her she needs to soften her communication up a bit with people and not treat them like unfeeling robots and she tells me to harden up and stop treating people like fragile glass ornaments.

So far it's been pretty complimentary :)

political correctness is destroying more lives than so called hardship on minorities , people's feelings or whatever

as i said earlier, if you can't be honest with yourself and what you value in this world,

then you are probably useless for the evolution of mankind.

because everybody does the same thing.

your job is to be a light above this stupid way of life of the masses

your job is to be a man, a leader.

honesty.jpg

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
political correctness is destroying more lives than so called hardship on minorities , people's feelings or whatever

as i said earlier, if you can't be honest with yourself and what you value in this world,

then you are probably useless for the evolution of mankind.

because everybody does the same thing.

your job is to be a light above this stupid way of life of the masses

your job is to be a man, a leader.

View attachment 15588

Perhaps a better contribution to the thread would be your actual experiences with vendors and employees.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I can understand someone doing the bare minimum to not get fired because they're workin on their fastlane on the side.
That's basically me and I won't be a hypocrite.

But if u don't have a side hustle and no purpose to your life, then u might as well put in some effort into the job that u have.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
What's funny is that, for those of us idiots who went to business school, this is an economic problem.

The principal-agent problem, being that there's a certain amount of effort that an agent (employee) will put into that will justify their pay, which justifies their 'happiness'. (This generally is written in the case of commissioned employees, specifically retail sales.)

Basically, it's an economic fact that employees will do the bare minimum because effort decreases happiness.

If we say that 80% of people hate their jobs (no happiness in effort), that means 80% of employees you hire would rather do nothing than do work for you.

But they gotta. So they'll do the bare minimum to avoid getting fired. Currently dealing with this right now, and I'm about to fire the F*cker.
Oh, and where is this magical fairy tale land y'all are talking about where employee's actually care???
@MidwestLandlord probably some startups lol when the first employees become pseudo-partners with stock options, bigger responsibilities, etc. But even that's a rarity.

I know where all this shit came from.
From school.

Since much of these working skills for employees are not gained in the classroom setting, they are gained in co-curriculum activities, clubs and societies.

I don't know about your country educational systems, but apparently in my country, your co-curriculum participation is graded, at least for high school.

Got a club post like a treasurer or a social welfare position? Brownie points.
Joined a competition? Brownie points.
Joined multiple events/meetups/whatever stuff? Brownie points.
Even give you certs and trophies for everything.
Good huh? The higher-ups want you to participate, get soft skills and learn, eh?
That may be true, but this has resulted in SHIT rather than progress. I think MJ himself has voiced up about this in UNSCRIPTED .

I used to work as a librarian at school.

We did lots of hard work that snowflakes would consider a criminal offense today. We had to clean out shelves, wrap books, patch up torn books (we had a lot of old books that gave way quick easily) and so on.

I didn't need to be an employer to see the falsities of employees.

I have seen librarians leave their assigned shelves to collect dust until they looked like antique arrangements rather than information treasure boxes.
I have seen librarians talk and chat louder than the other students, and last time I checked, noise is outlawed in libraries.
I have seen librarians play politics in order to get higher positions for more brownie points.
I have seen librarians skip day after day, only to come on enough days not to be fired.

And yet these are the same folks who rush off to join a myriad of other school activities and bump up their co-curriculum brownie points.

Most of my peers were bred to be 'brownie point chasers'...joining this and that, 'doing' this and that just to get the points. After all, the teachers told them, 'You need these records and certificates to boost your job CV.'

Absolutely disgusting. If that is what is needed to score to get more certificates to boost my CV, F*ck it.
I didn't pursue that path. And I'm glad I didn't.
Although I have joined far lesser competitions and events, I have been involved in creating the governing system of an entire youth uniformed organization, winning a few competitions which were deemed hopeless even by my brightest peers and even got promoted WITHOUT politics in my uniform group. (I might open such a thread and throw in some photos too lol in the future...but only if the younger Fastlaners vote for it lol)

Employee douchebaggery is bred from the SCRIPT education system.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I’m bumping this thread because I’ve gotten complacent.

I’ve lost days, weeks, of valuable time on three separate instances.

I didn’t check on the production schedule of my products, so now I’ve lost weeks.

I haven’t checked up on the banker submitting my SBA loan, it’s been 12 days since I’ve heard from him.

I haven’t followed up with potential investors and it’s been 2 weeks since I’ve heard from them.

None of it is their faults, it’s all mine. It’s my business and I’m the only one who gives a sh*t about it.

What things have you been putting off on doing for your business?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.