The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Niche down, but own the world

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
451%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I posted this on the INSIDERS, but it might be worth mentioning here...

How niche is too niche?

Well, if you own the planet for that niche, it's still huge.

Take for example this guy Dayan Kole.

His niche is jump rope. Freaking jump rope.

I found him because I do a lot of jump rope at the gym and am looking to up my game.

4.5 million followers.

He owns his own app and sells jump ropes.

1720539149378.png

His story... with all kinds of Fastlane angles, a good watch...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk4cO6FBUpI

When you have an audience of millions, driving VALUE to that audience goes from rocket science, to basic arithmetic.

I'm guessing he could give 30 seconds plugs now for $10K a piece, aside from his own internal business ventures.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I love this, one of the principles I've always tried to apply to my business. You should be niched enough so you can DOMINATE the market – as you achieve that, you can slowly expand the niche. Many small businesses fail because they try to act like big businesses by trying to do everything – they end up doing everything in a not so great way, so they don't stand out at all.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
May 1, 2011
Four points:
  • I'd argue that jump rope is not niche at all. It's a super popular, if not the most popular, tool for cardio. A better example of a true niche would be something like Tim Shieff and rope flow: https://www.instagram.com/wayoftherope which is kind of weird but a "true" niche nonetheless.
  • "True" niches are largely impractical for non-English speakers. You wouldn't even make a good living teaching jump rope in a country like Poland as it would be too niche for such a small country. If you want to go niche, your only option is to speak English (which is why I tend to say often that native speakers don't understand a crazy upper hand they have over the rest of the world as the rest of the world essentially starts from below zero).
  • There are also Jump Rope Dudes (with well over a million subscribers on YouTube) and probably many others in this niche.
  • Crossrope: The Best Weighted Jump Rope Experience is, I believe, a productocracy in the world of jump ropes and weighted jump ropes. It's a much bigger industry than you'd believe.

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs yearly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • 30% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • 50% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription ($34 Value)

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.