• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion(Review | Discuss)

niche blog - am i overlading myself? how would you niche down?

Discussion in 'Hustles, Freelancing, Bootstrapping' started by GrandRub, Apr 13, 2019.

1. GrandRub

GrandRub Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $253
    i am on the starting blocks and have even written an article (pat on the back)...

but now a few doubts come to my mind.

From the beginning:

I come from germany and bought an expired domain some time ago that has a pretty cool name ( translated into english it would be something like "buygood.com" .

The plan is that I want to build an affiliate blog there. The topic should be "high-quality" products. Ecological, sustainable, valuable, built to last... good niche and very confusing for most people.. I wanted to write 4 big guides per month in which I present one product group each (How do I recognize good olive oil... How do I recognize high-quality furniture...)...

For a little variety (And backlinks and traffic...) I wanted to introduce smaller companies and their products... everyone who produces something small and high quality and interesting...

But my problem is now... There are simply too many different product groups... It seems totally confused and crazy if I first write something about oil and then about furniture... that would only make sense if I had a large team and could really quickly write 200 high-quality articles on as good as any topic... and i don't want that

My idea now is somehow to focus on one or two things... but I don't know what to focus on...

Food and household goods? "kitchen" and "bathroom" ? These are two things that are very much in demand...

Do you have any ideas ?

2. astr0

astr0 Grinding Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,131
    Pick something that most people would buy after doing some research online.

This should probably be something that has a higher price tag and/or a bigger consequence of the wrong choice. Important and long-term purchases.

Furniture fits those criteria better than food. Also cars, all kinds of tech products, financial products, designer items, etc.

Look at the competition in other niches to learn what they're doing and what works for them.

And definitely laser focus on a niche. This should be a pretty competitive market, you won't have a chance to stand out doing everything at once.

Good Luck!

Sidney_781, Dmoneyzzz and GrandRub like this.
  3. bingnanxu

bingnanxu Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $90
    Hey Grand, best way? Find a random number generator or make a decision to start on one, ideas are nothin without the execution

4. BelgianDude

BelgianDude New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $11
    Pick a group and split it in subgroups.
    For example: furniture could be splitted in bedroom furniture, desk furniture, bathroom furniture, living room furniture, ...

Ps. If you are going to blog about furniture, send me the link of your website. :)

5. Charnell

Charnell Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,810
    You wrote one article and are having doubts? Just stop now and don't waste your time. Go back to whatever was making you 5-700 a month and pump that number up. Shiny object syndrome, my guy.

Sidney_781 likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.