The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Self-Promotion Saturday Now Live!

Have something to sell? Want to promote your design service or a YouTube channel? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote anything within the sphere of entrepreneurship on one thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

niche blog - am i overlading myself? how would you niche down?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

GrandRub

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 27, 2019
Germany
i am on the starting blocks and have even written an article (pat on the back)...

but now a few doubts come to my mind.

From the beginning:

I come from germany and bought an expired domain some time ago that has a pretty cool name ( translated into english it would be something like "buygood.com" .

The plan is that I want to build an affiliate blog there. The topic should be "high-quality" products. Ecological, sustainable, valuable, built to last... good niche and very confusing for most people.. I wanted to write 4 big guides per month in which I present one product group each (How do I recognize good olive oil... How do I recognize high-quality furniture...)...

For a little variety (And backlinks and traffic...) I wanted to introduce smaller companies and their products... everyone who produces something small and high quality and interesting...

But my problem is now... There are simply too many different product groups... It seems totally confused and crazy if I first write something about oil and then about furniture... that would only make sense if I had a large team and could really quickly write 200 high-quality articles on as good as any topic... and i don't want that

My idea now is somehow to focus on one or two things... but I don't know what to focus on...

Food and household goods? "kitchen" and "bathroom" ? These are two things that are very much in demand...

Do you have any ideas ?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

astr0

Grinding
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 3, 2017
Lviv, Ukraine
Pick something that most people would buy after doing some research online.

This should probably be something that has a higher price tag and/or a bigger consequence of the wrong choice. Important and long-term purchases.

Furniture fits those criteria better than food. Also cars, all kinds of tech products, financial products, designer items, etc.

Look at the competition in other niches to learn what they're doing and what works for them.

And definitely laser focus on a niche. This should be a pretty competitive market, you won't have a chance to stand out doing everything at once.

Good Luck!

bingnanxu

Take Massive Determined Action
Mar 16, 2019
Hey Grand, best way? Find a random number generator or make a decision to start on one, ideas are nothin without the execution

BelgianDude

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Mar 6, 2019
Pick a group and split it in subgroups.
For example: furniture could be splitted in bedroom furniture, desk furniture, bathroom furniture, living room furniture, ...

Ps. If you are going to blog about furniture, send me the link of your website. :)

Charnell

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 12, 2014
South Dakota
You wrote one article and are having doubts? Just stop now and don't waste your time. Go back to whatever was making you 5-700 a month and pump that number up. Shiny object syndrome, my guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
For those with the "can web design be Fastlane" question this video by @MJ DeMarco is a great...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom