The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

niche blog - am i overlading myself? how would you niche down?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

GrandRub

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 27, 2019
Germany
i am on the starting blocks and have even written an article (pat on the back)...

but now a few doubts come to my mind.

From the beginning:

I come from germany and bought an expired domain some time ago that has a pretty cool name ( translated into english it would be something like "buygood.com" .

The plan is that I want to build an affiliate blog there. The topic should be "high-quality" products. Ecological, sustainable, valuable, built to last... good niche and very confusing for most people.. I wanted to write 4 big guides per month in which I present one product group each (How do I recognize good olive oil... How do I recognize high-quality furniture...)...

For a little variety (And backlinks and traffic...) I wanted to introduce smaller companies and their products... everyone who produces something small and high quality and interesting...

But my problem is now... There are simply too many different product groups... It seems totally confused and crazy if I first write something about oil and then about furniture... that would only make sense if I had a large team and could really quickly write 200 high-quality articles on as good as any topic... and i don't want that

My idea now is somehow to focus on one or two things... but I don't know what to focus on...

Food and household goods? "kitchen" and "bathroom" ? These are two things that are very much in demand...

Do you have any ideas ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

astr0

Grinding
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 3, 2017
Lviv, Ukraine
Pick something that most people would buy after doing some research online.

This should probably be something that has a higher price tag and/or a bigger consequence of the wrong choice. Important and long-term purchases.

Furniture fits those criteria better than food. Also cars, all kinds of tech products, financial products, designer items, etc.

Look at the competition in other niches to learn what they're doing and what works for them.

And definitely laser focus on a niche. This should be a pretty competitive market, you won't have a chance to stand out doing everything at once.

Good Luck!

bingnanxu

Take Massive Determined Action
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 16, 2019
Hey Grand, best way? Find a random number generator or make a decision to start on one, ideas are nothin without the execution

BelgianDude

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Mar 6, 2019
Pick a group and split it in subgroups.
For example: furniture could be splitted in bedroom furniture, desk furniture, bathroom furniture, living room furniture, ...

Ps. If you are going to blog about furniture, send me the link of your website. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
You wrote one article and are having doubts? Just stop now and don't waste your time. Go back to whatever was making you 5-700 a month and pump that number up. Shiny object syndrome, my guy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.