The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Newbie from SoCal

DRE

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Nov 18, 2018
Hello Fastlaners! I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving. My name is Dre and I’m a 24 year old beginning entrepreneur. I’m excited to be apart of this forum. I’ve read both books and i honestly believe they should be mandated in public schools. A little about me and my enterprenurial journey....

While in college I got my first job at In-n-out burger (where I currently still work). This is where I got inspired to start my business. Working there I would hear customers tell me “you have a great voice” at least 3 times a day.” I let this go over my head for two years until I read TMF . After a little research, I discovered I could make a great living doing commercial voiceovers. I also discovered some of these jobs pay residuals for each time the commercial is played ! Perfect way to divorce money from time! What better way to add value to the world with a god given gift! I am now at the beginning of my voiceover career, and if interested I would love to share my journey with you all as I love learning from other fastlaners and entrepreneurs!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Voice overs are extremely powerful for video presentations. I just hired a couple on fiverr this week!
Instead of a video with text explanation, graphics and some background music, you've this Hollywood-sounding convincing voice take over the video and it makes the result so professional. :thumbsup:

DRE

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Nov 18, 2018
Voice overs are extremely powerful for video presentations. I just hired a couple on fiverr this week!
Instead of a video with text explanation, graphics and some background music, you've this Hollywood-sounding convincing voice take over the video and it makes the result so professional. :thumbsup:

Voiceover is a great way to spread a message for a product or service! If you need one in the future, please let me know !

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Welcome Dre!

I’ve read both books and i honestly believe they should be mandated in public schools

I agree but it would probably never happen as the curriculums are dictated by people who have colleges best interest in mind not the students. And especially since entrepreneurship is viewed as super risky and outlier in nature.

DRE

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Nov 18, 2018
Welcome Dre!

I agree but it would probably never happen as the curriculums are dictated by people who have colleges best interest in mind not the students. And especially since entrepreneurship is viewed as super risky and outlier in nature.

Hello SoCal dude! What part of SoCal are you in!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
While in college I got my first job at In-n-out burger (where I currently still work).

Strong work, every time I see the In-n-Out employees I feel I'm looking at future successes.

Working there I would hear customers tell me “you have a great voice” at least 3 times a day.”

Voiceover work for audiobooks (ACX.com) could be a good start. And some of the work has a residual component.

Welcome aboard Dre!

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
Welcome to the forum Dre! Voiceover work is definitely in demand, with audiobooks and commercials.

Mshupp

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Nov 23, 2018
New Jersey
I just joined this forum and already have discovered the value. I have taken voice classes before. But never heard of ace.com. Thanks MJ!

DRE

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Nov 18, 2018
Strong work, every time I see the In-n-Out employees I feel I'm looking at future successes.

Voiceover work for audiobooks (ACX.com) could be a good start. And some of the work has a residual component.

Welcome aboard Dre!

Thanks MJ! It’s a great place for beginning Entrepreneurs to learn how business works and develop a strong work ethic.
Also I’ve just recently started working on ACX. Starting to gain some traction

powderhound100

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Apr 20, 2014
Another resource people use to find voiceovers is voice jockey. Might be worth setting up an account there as well.

DRE

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Nov 18, 2018
Another resource people use to find voiceovers is voice jockey. Might be worth setting up an account there as well.

Never heard of it, I’ll have to check it out. Thanks my friend

Esoteric Wealth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Oct 21, 2015
It's actually a really great thing to get into for a business minded person because it's very much less about show business and more about personal accountability, and putting in the work, doing marketing, etc. It can teach you a lot.

I found this great video, you should watch it.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eRLVGoCAq8

Also check out Booth Junkie on YouTube as well, for all sorts of tips for getting started regarding equipment, software, etc.

Best of luck!!!

Mshupp

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Nov 23, 2018
New Jersey
It's actually a really great thing to get into for a business minded person because it's very much less about show business and more about personal accountability, and putting in the work, doing marketing, etc. It can teach you a lot.

Also check out Booth Junkie on YouTube as well, for all sorts of tips for getting started regarding equipment, software, etc.

Best of luck!!!
Thanks Rich!

DRE

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Nov 18, 2018

Best of luck!!!

Thanks for that richard! it's funny because i'm subscribed to booth junkie, so much great info on his channel! Are you into voiceovers?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...