• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO Newbie from SoCal

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by DRE, Nov 23, 2018.

1. DRE

DRE New Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $57
    Hello Fastlaners! I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving. My name is Dre and I’m a 24 year old beginning entrepreneur. I’m excited to be apart of this forum. I’ve read both books and i honestly believe they should be mandated in public schools. A little about me and my enterprenurial journey....

While in college I got my first job at In-n-out burger (where I currently still work). This is where I got inspired to start my business. Working there I would hear customers tell me “you have a great voice” at least 3 times a day.” I let this go over my head for two years until I read TMF. After a little research, I discovered I could make a great living doing commercial voiceovers. I also discovered some of these jobs pay residuals for each time the commercial is played ! Perfect way to divorce money from time! What better way to add value to the world with a god given gift! I am now at the beginning of my voiceover career, and if interested I would love to share my journey with you all as I love learning from other fastlaners and entrepreneurs!

2. Xeon

Xeon All Cars Kneel Before Pagani. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,630
    Voice overs are extremely powerful for video presentations. I just hired a couple on fiverr this week!
    Instead of a video with text explanation, graphics and some background music, you've this Hollywood-sounding convincing voice take over the video and it makes the result so professional. :thumbsup:

3. DRE

Rep Bank:
    $57
    Voiceover is a great way to spread a message for a product or service! If you need one in the future, please let me know !

Xeon likes this.
  4. socaldude

socaldude Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $11,842
    Welcome Dre!

I agree but it would probably never happen as the curriculums are dictated by people who have colleges best interest in mind not the students. And especially since entrepreneurship is viewed as super risky and outlier in nature.

YoungPadawan and MJ DeMarco like this.
  5. DRE

Rep Bank:
    $57
    Hello SoCal dude! What part of SoCal are you in!

6. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $403,599
    Admin Post
    Strong work, every time I see the In-n-Out employees I feel I'm looking at future successes.

Voiceover work for audiobooks (ACX.com) could be a good start. And some of the work has a residual component.

Welcome aboard Dre!

7. YoungPadawan

YoungPadawan Miles to go before I sleep Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $686
    Welcome to the forum Dre! Voiceover work is definitely in demand, with audiobooks and commercials.

8. Mshupp

Mshupp New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $57
    I just joined this forum and already have discovered the value. I have taken voice classes before. But never heard of ace.com. Thanks MJ!

9. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,635
  10. DRE

Rep Bank:
    $57
    Thanks MJ! It’s a great place for beginning Entrepreneurs to learn how business works and develop a strong work ethic.
    Also I’ve just recently started working on ACX. Starting to gain some traction

11. powderhound100

powderhound100 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $2,079
    Another resource people use to find voiceovers is voice jockey. Might be worth setting up an account there as well.

12. DRE

Rep Bank:
    $57
    Never heard of it, I’ll have to check it out. Thanks my friend

13. Richard Espinosa

Richard Espinosa Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,900
    It's actually a really great thing to get into for a business minded person because it's very much less about show business and more about personal accountability, and putting in the work, doing marketing, etc. It can teach you a lot.

I found this great video, you should watch it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eRLVGoCAq8

Also check out Booth Junkie on YouTube as well, for all sorts of tips for getting started regarding equipment, software, etc.

Best of luck!!!

DRE and Mshupp like this.
  14. Mshupp

Mshupp New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $57
    Thanks Rich!

15. DRE

Rep Bank:
    $57

Thanks for that richard! it's funny because i'm subscribed to booth junkie, so much great info on his channel! Are you into voiceovers?

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.