justinbiz
New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
- Joined
- Jan 31, 2022
- Messages
- 34
Rep Bank
$605
$605
User Power: 97%
Hi this is my requested introduction to the Fastlane Forum community.
I am Justin and I live in the Santa Monica mountains 15 minutes north of Malibu, and sometimes near the shore of Lake Erie, west of Cleveland, Ohio.
I do software development for money, as an indy. I'm hard core, having built business process automation running multi-million dollar operations, Academy Award-winning film sound technology, transaction processing software that runs indefinitely, ethernet and audio drivers, real-time securities trading systems, and more.
It's great helping my clients (mostly mid-sized companies) create value, but I'd like to create value for myself too. The idea that a time-leveraged business is the only way to get to financial freedom from near zero is not new to me. Contract software services is not that, as a second-order specialized unit (something a wise ex-biz partner called a "butts-in-seats business"), but it's paid the bills pretty well.
I've actually started several businesses, and one of them (a software services firm with forty telework developers) reached $4M revenue before I parted ways with my partners.
I love creating businesses, but have had several patterns and priorities that have limited my success:
- Lack of attention to business building systems
- Didn't develop the outreach/networking muscle
- Bad at saving money per family patterns
- Huge amounts of time and money raising kids
- Huge amounts of time and money making music
I also feel like I have a lot going for me. I'm dedicated to personal growth, love learning new things, not an extravagant spender (except on clean food and health), monster problem solver, creative thinker, and attracted to creating businesses that make people's lives better.
I look forward to learning and contributing to the community here.
I am Justin and I live in the Santa Monica mountains 15 minutes north of Malibu, and sometimes near the shore of Lake Erie, west of Cleveland, Ohio.
I do software development for money, as an indy. I'm hard core, having built business process automation running multi-million dollar operations, Academy Award-winning film sound technology, transaction processing software that runs indefinitely, ethernet and audio drivers, real-time securities trading systems, and more.
It's great helping my clients (mostly mid-sized companies) create value, but I'd like to create value for myself too. The idea that a time-leveraged business is the only way to get to financial freedom from near zero is not new to me. Contract software services is not that, as a second-order specialized unit (something a wise ex-biz partner called a "butts-in-seats business"), but it's paid the bills pretty well.
I've actually started several businesses, and one of them (a software services firm with forty telework developers) reached $4M revenue before I parted ways with my partners.
I love creating businesses, but have had several patterns and priorities that have limited my success:
- Lack of attention to business building systems
- Didn't develop the outreach/networking muscle
- Bad at saving money per family patterns
- Huge amounts of time and money raising kids
- Huge amounts of time and money making music
I also feel like I have a lot going for me. I'm dedicated to personal growth, love learning new things, not an extravagant spender (except on clean food and health), monster problem solver, creative thinker, and attracted to creating businesses that make people's lives better.
I look forward to learning and contributing to the community here.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
