The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New year, new beginning?

Famori

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 1, 2017
Hamburg
Hi,

greetings from Hamburg! I'm Paul and 29 years old.

I'm married and have a baby on the way. My wife and I both make a mediocre income, to maintain a
"normal" life. For the baby, we have saved money, since it will be, obviously, our priority.

For a few months I have a small side hustle going, buying stuff in whole and sell them seperately.
I make around 300€ per month, but I depend on the supply of the market, if there is none, I make no money.
The second problem is the turnover time, it maybe take a few weeks or even months to sell the items.

In the past, I've spend nearly all the money I had, mostly for clothes, ie. 250€ shoes or 150€ jeans.
I've never had any debts, but also didn't save anything. This behavior has changed, I still like to buy clothes,
but cheaper ones. Other than that, I don't have further (unusual) expenses and try to save my money.

My networth is around 3000€, which is pretty low for a 29 year old, but there is no way to go back to past and
change that, so I'm looking for an updated plan for the future. I know, that I don't become rich because of saving,
but because of earning more money.

I'd really like to rise the income of the hustle, but I don't know how, or if it is even possible.

Thanks for reading
Paul

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Have you read TMF ? That would be a good start as the book is paramount to the concept behind this forum.

Welcome to the forum and happy new year.

Famori

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 1, 2017
Hamburg
Have you read TMF ? That would be a good start as the book is paramount to the concept behind this forum.

Welcome to the forum and happy new year.

Yeah, read it, its easily the best book on financial finance.

Thank you sir :)

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Welcome to the forum. Yes it is a new beginning. A good way to start a new year. :)

JCS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jan 1, 2017
United States
Are you willing to do into a bit more detail about your business model? I'm assuming your selling online, but through what platform? ebay/amazon or your own ecom store? I'd love to give you some advice, you just need to flesh out your situation a bit more!

Famori

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 1, 2017
Hamburg
Are you willing to do into a bit more detail about your business model? I'm assuming your selling online, but through what platform? ebay/amazon or your own ecom store? I'd love to give you some advice, you just need to flesh out your situation a bit more!

Yeah, I'm selling my product online, through an website were you can easily put the product and you pay a commission for the sale.
Sometimes I sell a lot via ebay or the german version of Craigslist.
I'd really like to have my own e-store, but I think, I have far too little product.
I've have to invest more money to get more product, but because I have a family to care of, I can't spend all my money.

Because my product is a very niche product, with an inconsistent demand, its hard to earn good money, although there are some sellers who exist for 20 years.

Last edited:

Famori

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 1, 2017
Hamburg
Welcome, forum is great.

@Famori , are you ready to process ?

Sorry, I don't quite understand :)

As a first step to raise more money, I'm going to look through all my stuff (Clothes, Blu Rays and so on) and sell all the unnecessary things I dont need anymore.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...