The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New website in the works. Tell me what you think!!

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
2- Wtf is your net worth? so watch your mouth

5ed0r9.gif

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
1- I know it looks like shit thats why Im asking for advice smart a$$
2- Wtf is your net worth? so watch your mouth
3- You obviously are not in the sales industry if my site isn't offering you value

1.) This isn't a web design forum. Keeping changing your background color tough guy.
2.) More than you can afford, pal.
3.) I see a youtube video by Jordan Belfort and the advice of dress sharp and always be closing. Really? Do you honestly think you are offering anything of value here?

emphasize value

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 13, 2013
It is a forum for individuals who want to succeed and share their ideas and creations and get feedback. The value comes in the blog section of the website if i can get anyone to share

TJPB

Defy Ordinary
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 9, 2012
Colorado
You need to get used to this forum....it can be harsh as members tend to give it you straight.

From what I can tell, you need to start over. Kill the web-builder account and look into WordPress and its themes. Step back and decide what it is you want to offer customers. Create a new site and get them excited within the first 2-5 seconds of their visit.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
MJ, this is still the way wire houses operate today Ex: Morgan Stanley, Wells Fargo, Merrill Lynch. Their all boiler room atmospheres with just with ethics and legal operations. I've worked at all 3 mentioned above and I have trained numerous advisers simply because their scared of picking up the phone or they don't have the self esteem to withstand rejection.

What does this have to do with the design of the site? Or the copy you are using?

Assuming that you are indeed a great salesman at your job, you're not effectively communicating that here with this production. If anything, it would cause a negative sales affect, not positive. If we spoke on the phone and you sold me effectively and then directed me to this website, I'd be like "WTF?" -- your A+ sales on the phone (or in person) is being married to a "F" for a website. Incongruency will cause buyer resistance.

At this point, the production is so bad I wouldn't know where to start from a DIY basis. My recommendation? Put together a scope document, get this outsourced on Elance, and learn how to write effective sales copy. People don't give a shit about you -- they only care about what YOU can do for them.

Good luck. :)

Michael Raphael

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 22, 2013
New York & Florida
Dude you need to take two steps back. I will gladly give up a few minutes of my time to discuss this with you in a PM and help you with the design. Why, cause I am an attention whore and just love your validation.

Seriously though stop bitching like an 8th grade girl who couldnt get tickets to a justin beiber concert. You need to just shut up and relax. Whats your net worth? Really. Sorry, but my dad can beat up your dad and therefore I don't have to answer those questions.

So relax, listen to people, and just take notes. You dont need to be defensive, we don't lose nor gain anything by helping you, in fact we lose more because all you are doing is bitching and not taking the criticism constructively.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Come on guys, lets refrain from name calling.

emphasize value

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 13, 2013
I have not said one negative thing .. thanked everyone for the input? but its ok. MJ your right my site sucks lol i'll have to reconsider

emphasize value

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 13, 2013
I added a logo, tried to match the black and blue theme you guys suggested sellvalueoverproducts.com

adoredunchin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jun 18, 2013
why is the logo not on top of the site and somewhere in between the navigation and the text ?

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
I added a logo, tried to match the black and blue theme you guys suggested sellvalueoverproducts.com

When I first started web design, some of my first sites resembled your's in a lot of ways.

Just take 10-15 minutes to browse these and then come back and look at your site. To be honest, stop making small changes that people suggest because your site doesn't need tweaking, it needs a complete overhaul.

Web design and development is not something that you just knock out in 30 minutes (especially when you first start out), either be ready to dedicate some serious time to it or just hire someone else to do it. You should be able to get a basic forum with great design built for a couple thousand bucks at the most on Elance, and with the comment about net worth a while ago that shouldn't be a big risk for you if the site doesn't work out.

Is this idea validated? In other words, is there a need and this what you are going to do or are you still testing the market?

emphasize value

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 13, 2013
"Mike 39" those websites look great.. Im going to take some time and consider which direction I want to take and what path to go down. Out of curiosity, because like i said I'm new to this, My site has 1300 views in less than 3 days. Is that good? bad? average?

Michael Raphael

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 22, 2013
New York & Florida
When I first started web design, some of my first sites resembled your's in a lot of ways.

Just take 10-15 minutes to browse these and then come back and look at your site. To be honest, stop making small changes that people suggest because your site doesn't need tweaking, it needs a complete overhaul.

Web design and development is not something that you just knock out in 30 minutes (especially when you first start out), either be ready to dedicate some serious time to it or just hire someone else to do it. You should be able to get a basic forum with great design built for a couple thousand bucks at the most on Elance, and with the comment about net worth a while ago that shouldn't be a big risk for you if the site doesn't work out.

Is this idea validated? In other words, is there a need and this what you are going to do or are you still testing the market?

Mike is that your site, I heard you do web development cool stuff brother...

Anways, he is completely right, stop tweaking your site, literally sit down get a full design and get the coding css/html done for it.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Mike is that your site, I heard you do web development cool stuff brother...

Anways, he is completely right, stop tweaking your site, literally sit down get a full design and get the coding css/html done for it.

Nope, not my site, just searched for web design inspiration.

My site has 1300 views in less than 3 days. Is that good? bad? average?

Depends on how/if your driving traffic to the site? It would definitely be strange to get those sort of figures without any marketing unless you purchased the domain from someone that ran a site on that domain prior and it already had some existing traffic. Check your traffic sources to see where it's coming from, it may be mostly non-human traffic

Also, will the company you are using allow you to hook Google analytics into the site so that you can have comparable data to run against their own figures?

So, in the most general sense that is a lot of traffic for a brand new site; however, I can't tell you if that's good or bad since I don't know if you are advertising the site or not, the history of the domain, or where the traffic is coming from as 1,000 bots/day visiting your site isn't going to convert.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
My guess is the visitors are coming from this forum.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
My guess is the visitors are coming from this forum.

Yep, I thought that that graph started to increase a day before his post but looki it's just a daily total so I think you're right. In that case, 1300 is great but doesn't count for squat since it's just forum members giving feedback on your site and it's not sustainable.

emphasize value

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 13, 2013
- No its not coming from this site, I had 1200 when I posted the link here. Also I do not think it's the domains prior traffic. My web developer does allow google analytics and I think thats why it's doing well, along with SEO booster and the insertion of meta tags to optimize my search. My site also has a map of where my viewers are located and its a fair mix between the UK and the US. just about 100 of them are from Facebook. No Jordan Belfort is not affiliated with my site, Im just a huge fan

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...