The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New value skew idea... Advertising Boost

Idea threads

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
I was considering not posting this as I have only been using the site for about a week and to me it comes across like I’m trying to spam/sell the thing, however the results have been pretty good (25-30% bump in sales) and I wanted to see if it might help someone else.

A little over a week ago I came across a site called Advertising Boost. The site essentially costs $500 a year and you can “give away” as many resort stays, restaurant discount cards, etc that you want for the year. I figured I had wasted far more than $500 on marketing ideas and things in the past for my sites so I signed up. I figured worst case scenario I would be out $500.

Fast forward a week and I’ve seen a bump in my sales on the e-commerce site I’m testing it on by 25-30% (depending on which week you compare to in the past). I set up the vacation incentive as everyone who makes a purchase is entered to win and then once a day a winner is randomly chosen for a 5 night trip to Cancun.

They have 10-15 destinations currently available so I started with Cancun. I’m going to let that one run for 2 weeks and then change to a US location giveaway (Vegas, Orlando, etc.) and see if one performs better than the other.

The possibilities are pretty much endless with how this can be used to increase your sales. Even if you aren’t e-commerce you could use it to grow an offline business too by giving away the vacation if someone performs an action you want them to do.

Feel free to ask any questions but I’m far from an expert on it as I’ve only been using it a week but with such a significant jump in sales I wanted to share with everyone so they could check it out.

BTW if you are going to sign up and wouldn’t mind using my link I would be happy to make a little affiliate cash lol.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Merging Left

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 20, 2014
Not sure I understand this, but it sounds interesting. I've read through their FAQ and wanted to confirm my understanding with yours:

You're giving away free nights at specific luxury hotel locations for your clients/customers. They pay taxes & fees based on those free nights, but otherwise it's free to them. It's also "free" to you in that you're only spending $497/year regardless of how many vacations you give away. Clients/customers are limited to one international and one US-based vacation per individual per lifetime.

Is that about right? I'm thinking @Johnny boy ought to throw his recurring customers into a lottery to win a vacation after they sign up for a year or whatever makes sense. I'm thinking about how this can apply to a local services business in incentivizing people to sign up for long-term contracts...

Thanks for sharing. I will hit you up for an affiliate link if/when I move forward with this.

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Thank you for sharing this.

It's a great concept. People crave variable rewards. So, I could definitely see it working.

It screams scam, but I can't see where they're cheating people.

It's like outsourcing your contest creation.

As long as the product you're selling adds real value to your customer, then adding this incentive isn't a bad thing.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Just to make sure I understand it, does this mean I could also use these vacation giveaways as rewards on my sweepstakes in social media? One non-US vacation offer monthly?

E.g. Follow us + tag 2 friends in Comments to stand a chance to win a trip to Cancun!

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Not sure I understand this, but it sounds interesting. I've read through their FAQ and wanted to confirm my understanding with yours:

You're giving away free nights at specific luxury hotel locations for your clients/customers. They pay taxes & fees based on those free nights, but otherwise it's free to them. It's also "free" to you in that you're only spending $497/year regardless of how many vacations you give away. Clients/customers are limited to one international and one US-based vacation per individual per lifetime.

Is that about right? I'm thinking @Johnny boy ought to throw his recurring customers into a lottery to win a vacation after they sign up for a year or whatever makes sense. I'm thinking about how this can apply to a local services business in incentivizing people to sign up for long-term contracts...

Thanks for sharing. I will hit you up for an affiliate link if/when I move forward with this.

As long as I'm the one that wins the trip sure I'll enter them in.

Matt Hunt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 9, 2019
Is the Dominican Republic on there?

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
@Ecom man

So there’s no limit?

I sell high ticket items at a low volume. Could I theoretically offer this to every one of my customers?

How “free” is the free vacation?

Does it just cover the hotel cost basically? No airfare, right?

Matt Hunt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 9, 2019
It does scream scam to me, or bait & hook, or perhaps they're really crappy resorts. I'll be interested to see how this works for you.

Does appear it's only the cost of the hotel, and not including taxes.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sounds too good to be true, but if it isn't, I can see it being a great value skew on top of an already good offer.

Would hate to find out that after you've given away 30 vacations that their hotel was a Motel 6 off the freeway in podunk.

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014

Yep that is a pretty good summation of it.

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
Just to make sure I understand it, does this mean I could also use these vacation giveaways as rewards on my sweepstakes in social media? One non-US vacation offer monthly?

E.g. Follow us + tag 2 friends in Comments to stand a chance to win a trip to Cancun!
Don’t know the rules on Facebook contests but I believe that is certainly one way to use it.

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
@Ecom man

So there’s no limit?

I sell high ticket items at a low volume. Could I theoretically offer this to every one of my customers?

How “free” is the free vacation?

Does it just cover the hotel cost basically? No airfare, right?
Correct, for the $500 a year it’s unlimited vacation giveaways.
It’s essentially the place to stay for free. The person has to pay about $20 a night for “taxes and fees” and it doesn’t include airfare or food.

They do offer upgrades if you attend timeshare crap as well but that isn’t required. I know the upgrades to the Mexico trips is all inclusive for $199 per couple for the trip when you listen to a 90 minute “meeting”

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
It does scream scam to me, or bait & hook, or perhaps they're really crappy resorts. I'll be interested to see how this works for you.

Does appear it's only the cost of the hotel, and not including taxes.
It’s through bookvip.com on the backend and I know a couple of people that have used them for trips without issues. It’s actually easier to use than some of the “free” resort giveaways out there. My sister got one given to her and it requires you to mail a money order for the taxes etc where as this is all done online/over the phone.

From what I understand they make the money on the upgrade cost plus get kickbacks on people that buy a timeshare etc.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.