The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New "User Power" Metric Live (thanks ChatGPT)

How should the "HaHa" Laugh Emoji be treated?

• Increase post power (+1)

Votes: 42 63.6%
  • Keep it neutral (0)

Votes: 24 36.4%

• Total voters

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
There is a new metric called "User Power" here at the forum which is your ratio of LIKES to POSTS.

I high power rating (100%+) usually means you are a good contributor.

Super high (200%+) usually means great.

Less than 100%, well, you still might be new. AND THAT IS OK.

The point is, if you have 400 posts and have a Power Rating of 23%, something is wrong.

This new feature has been implemented due to suggestions.

This new feature might help you determine who to help, and who to ignore.

PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE NEW USERS as they initially have 0 scores.

However, if someone has 400 posts and a power score of 20%, you know, you're wasting your time. AND YOUR TIME IS PRECIOUS.

1679182916605-png.47695

And ChatGPT was instrumental in making it happen, in helping me expose the code to get it done quickly.

Some of the posts below where MOVED from various threads when this was discussed.

SOME NOTES:

• Older users who haven't visited the forum in YEARS will have terrible scores due to forum platform changes.
  • This metric is only available on full screen viewing, mobile users will not see it.

Is copywriting lucrative how can i learn it

Low value posts like this just earned you moderation.

Going forward, any thing you post will need to be approved by a moderator. Based on your post history, this means likely nothing you post will make it to the live forum unless your post behavior changes.

You're welcome to stick around to read and learn, or better, learn to ask better questions.

If you are a teenager please understand this is a forum for adults who are dealing with some real problems, real goals, and real hardships. Time is important and sifting thru empty posts like the one quoted doesn’t help broader users.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Aug 8, 2021

Going forward, any thing you post will need to be approved by a moderator. Based on your post history, this means likely nothing you post will make it to the live forum unless your post behavior changes.

You're welcome to stick around to read and learn, or better, learn to ask better questions.

If you are a teenager please understand this is a forum for adults who are dealing with some real problems, real goals, and real hardships. Time is important and sifting thru empty posts like the one quoted doesn’t help broader users.
I am still trying to learn how to become fastlane I was being sincere when I ask if copywriting is lucrative and also how can I learn it, how come it is a low value post? Isn’t the point of this forum to discuss how to make money and how to do it? I’m sorry if its low value because I am still a beginner and beginners need to learn before they can provide value, for now I’ll be the one taking the value, but I am unapologetic for being as Jung says the fool who is a precursor to the master. I know I am a fool but i didnt mean low value

Also my name on online has always been droopynips, i just used my normal online handle without much afterthought…

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I am still trying to learn how to become fastlane I was being sincere when I ask if copywriting is lucrative and also how can I learn it, how come it is a low value post? Isn’t the point of this forum to discuss how to make money and how to do it? I’m sorry if its low value because I am still a beginner and beginners need to learn before they can provide value, for now I’ll be the one taking the value, but I am unapologetic for being as Jung says the fool who is a precursor to the master. I know I am a fool but i didnt mean low value

Also my name on online has always been droopynips, i just used my normal online handle without much afterthought…

There's a metric at the forum we're going to start looking at again, sort of as a forum currency.

It's your post to like ratio.

For newbies, the ratio is going to be very low. You'll have more posts than likes until you start dropping posts that are interesting.

If you've been here a year, you should see that ratio inverse. You should have more likes than posts. Minimum would be 1:1.

For example, Mr. Nips here has been around for 18 months+, with a negative ratio of likes to posts. Almost double the post count to like count. You're adding noise to the forum.

MJ is at a 4:1 ratio (4 likes for every 1 post). KAK is right there with you. MJs would be higher if he wasn't the one having to deal with the dipshits all the time. @Andy Black is in this grouping. @AllenCrawley is in this group.

Antifragile 3:1. Bizy is right there with you. @Kung Fu Steve is here.

If you're here a year and you can't hit a 1:1 ratio something's wrong with your posts.

F*cking @Lex DeVille is killing it at 5.5:1. PAY ATTENTION TO HIS POSTS.
@Fox is right there with Lex. You should be following him. @biophase is in this group. @SteveO is chasing this group.

If you are messaging or chatting with people that have been here longer than a year and have a negative post ratio (more posts than likes) you know what you got.

Look at the post ratios as sort of a currency of value added to the forum. Post numbers don't matter nearly as much as percentages. And seriously, if you've been here for years and you can't hit a 1:1 you need to speak less and read more.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Man, this reminded me of the old REP $ system. Made it really clear who adds value to the forum.

But yeah, the post-like ratio is something I always look at when reading something from a name I don‘t know yet.
3:1 solid

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Aug 8, 2021
There's a metric at the forum we're going to start looking at again, sort of as a forum currency.

For newbies, the ratio is going to be very low. You'll have more posts than likes until you start dropping posts that are interesting.

If you've been here a year, you should see that ratio inverse. You should have more likes than posts. Minimum would be 1:1.

For example, Mr. Nips here has been around for 18 months+, with a negative ratio of likes to posts. Almost double the post count to like count. You're adding noise to the forum.

MJ is at a 4:1 ratio (4 likes for every 1 post). KAK is right there with you. MJs would be higher if he wasn't the one having to deal with the dipshits all the time. @Andy Black is in this grouping. @AllenCrawley is in this group.

If you're here a year and you can't hit a 1:1 ratio something's wrong with your posts.

@Fox is right there with Lex. You should be following him. @biophase is in this group. @SteveO is chasing this group.

If you are messaging or chatting with people that have been here longer than a year and have a negative post ratio (more posts than likes) you know what you got.

Look at the post ratios as sort of a currency of value added to the forum. Post numbers don't matter nearly as much as percentages. And seriously, if you've been here for years and you can't hit a 1:1 you need to speak less and read more.
To be fair my first ever post on this forum was in September of 2022, but I will try and get my post to like ratio up and read more as you said, thank you for your advice, i hope from this point forward we can share a new change of pace in my participation in this forum i never meant to post low value and i have lots to learn, thank you.

PS:
Here ya go…. This is all ya need to have a lucrative copywriting biz.

shouldnt this count as a very low value post??

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
To be fair my first ever post on this forum was in September of 2022, but I will try and get my post to like ratio up and read more as you said, thank you for your advice, i hope from this point forward we can share a new change of pace in my participation in this forum i never meant to post low value and i have lots to learn, thank you.

PS:

His post ratio is 3.5:1

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

PS:

You act like people judge you on a single post. No judgment comes from a series of posts that have no value.

I could post a gif right now and yes, it might not bring anything to this thread but I don’t think anybody would consider it a no value post, but if I post 10 of these in a row over the course of a day, then people would start to get annoyed. I don’t understand how you do not understand this.

Last edited:
  • Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Isn’t the point of this forum to discuss how to make money and how to do it?

No, the name of the forum isn't "the make money forum" -- it is the Fastlane Forum which represents certain philosophies, philosophies you aren't posting about.

But yeah, the post-like ratio is something I always look at when reading something from a name I don‘t know yet.

I think I might be able to add that to everyone's postbit ...

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The new User Power metric here at the forum is compliments of ChatGPT. If anyone says this TECH isn't a gamechanger, they're living under a rock.

A 100%+ power rating means that user has more LIKES than posts, and usually is an awesome indicator of the value that a user is contributing. FYI, is viewable on larger screens, mobile users it will not appear.

1679182916605.png

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Aug 8, 2021
The new User Power metric here at the forum is compliments of ChatGPT. If anyone says this TECH isn't a gamechanger, they're living under a rock.

A 100%+ power rating means that user has more LIKES than posts, and usually is an awesome indicator of the value that a user is contributing.

View attachment 47695
how am i supposed to get my user power up if i am moderated? This seems like a real catch 22 for guys like me, like a boss asking an employee with no experience to have 5 years experience... Please unmoderate me so i can post and get my user power up. :thumbsup::bicep:

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

This is a metric I pay attention to also. It's how I decide who I follow.

I've noticed that if you have a lot of private messages, that can also bring down the average. Which makes someone like Andy, who I know thanks everybody who follows him, even more impressive, because the most likely he can get on that is 1 per post.

I once heard Lex say something that I have since been referring to as the @Lex DeVille rule. He said before he posts anything, he asks himself if it will that add value to the thread.

I don't always follow the rule myself, but it's a good rule to live by. And his like to post ratio shows it.

@BizyDad We're on the same level :bicep:

Yeah boy! I've been remiss in not following you sooner.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Aug 8, 2021
I once heard Lex say something that I have since been referring to as the @Lex DeVille rule. He said before he posts anything, he asks himself if it will that add value to the thread.
that is a good rule

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
how am i supposed to get my user power up if i am moderated? This seems like a real catch 22 for guys like me, like a boss asking an employee with no experience to have 5 years experience... Please unmoderate me so i can post and get my user power up. :thumbsup::bicep:

You will be unmoderated when your posts get BETTER.

Until then, you don't deserve to be able to post MORE.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas

Fastlane is a process, it's not easy, it's a roadtrip, there's only a few people I don't know personally who have reached the point.

Copywriting is a skill that you can learn and use to sell a a second-order specialized-unit or selling your skill for money by trading time. Thus then, you upgrade to a first-order specialized-unit or product in this case that can either be sold by Scale or Magnitude.

In all honest, you should read the books in this order:

1. The Millionaire Fastlane
2. Unscripted (I'm actually re-reading it right now, when I first read I didn't comprehend everything).
3. The Great Rat Race Escape.

Their's a a lot to digest and take in, so read at your own pace.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
Made it really clear who adds value to the forum.
This is a metric I pay attention to also.
I think I might be able to add that to everyone's postbit ...

YES!

Thank you for adding this! I always used to look at the numbers and do the math to figure out the ratio. It really tells you a lot about the quality of the post you are about to read.

This is one of the most powerful forum metrics. It discourages spam and makes users focus on the signal-to-noise ratio. Quality over quantity. Less text, less scrolling, more quality information.

Now the goal is to become a 5:1 legend like @Johnny boy :rofl:

I've noticed that if you have a lot of private messages, that can also bring down the average.
Do private messages increase your post count? :jawdrop:

1679206478024.png

As far as I know, private message reactions don't get recorded into statistics. Not sure about the post count from private messages.

But if that's the case, I'm sure removing this would put @Andy Black at a solid 7:1.

kommen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 14, 2022
This part really humbled me. Lex, I think you should probably do a short independent thread talking about this. And maybe that thread should be sticked to that newbies thread every new user is forced to read.

I think it also should come with a note that giving thanks is also providing value, as Andy Black said. It might bump something that is probably important as people are expressing so much gratitude to it to the point of posting an appreciation.

Thank you Lex for making that principle.

@Lex DeVille

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
Lex, I think you should probably do a short independent thread talking about this. And maybe that thread should be sticked to that newbies thread every new user is forced to read.
The users that need to read that thread the most, are the least likely ones to actually read it.

No amount of rules, guidelines, or forum gamification will be able to compensate for some people's lack of common sense. There are some cases where forum moderation is the only solution.

If someone doesn't have self-awareness, they are blind to everything that is happening around them.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Do private messages increase your post count? :jawdrop:

1679206478024.png

As far as I know, private message reactions don't get recorded into statistics. Not sure about the post count from private messages.

I believe private message reactions do get recorded. And I believe post count does too.

Here's another one that will "blow your mind".

Wow, Sad and Angry reactions lower your reaction score by one.

Sad and angry makes sense, but I don't know why wow does.

Anyways, I don't want to start a big conversation the merits of how MJ created his own scoring system on his own forum. I just thought this is an interesting tidbit of the scoring to share.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Anyways, I don't want to start a big conversation the merits of how MJ created his own scoring system on his own forum. I just thought this is an interesting tidbit of the scoring to share.

Incorrect. However I will probably tweak these to be more accurate. A "Ha Ha" can be both positive, neutral, or negative.

1679236345472.png

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Incorrect. However I will probably tweak these to be more accurate. A "Ha Ha" can be both positive, neutral, or negative.

View attachment 47706
I sit corrected.

Has it ever been a minus one? Or was I literally that bad at basic arithmetic when I first started on the forum? Lol.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
I believe private message reactions do get recorded. And I believe post count does too.
I ran a few experiments to see what happens:

• private message: does not increase post count
  • private message reaction: does not affect reputation

• public message deletion: decreases post count
  • public message deletion with reactions: decreases post count and decreases reputation

I had to sacrifice 1 reputation point to run the last experiment. :hilarious:

Last edited:

SDE

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
Jul 9, 2018
Last edited:

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
Last edited:

TimoS.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Oct 10, 2022
There is a new metric called "User Power" here at the forum which is your ratio of LIKES to POSTS.

I high power rating (100%+) usually means you are a good contributor.

Super high (200%+) usually means great.

Less than 100%, well, you still might be new. AND THAT IS OK.

The point is, if you have 400 posts and have a Power Rating of 23%, something is wrong.

This new feature has been implemented due to suggestions.

This new feature might help you determine who to help, and who to ignore.

PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE NEW USERS as they initially have 0 scores.

However, if someone has 400 posts and a power score of 20%, you know, you're wasting your time. AND YOUR TIME IS PRECIOUS.

1679182916605-png.47695

And ChatGPT was instrumental in making it happen, in helping me expose the code to get it done quickly.

Some of the posts below where MOVED from various threads when this was discussed.

SOME NOTES:

• Older users who haven't visited the forum in YEARS will have terrible scores due to forum platform changes.
  • This metric is only available on full screen viewing, mobile users will not see it.

Great new feature!

I am also new to this forum but I try my best to deliver value and help other members just like this forum helped me.

I am of the opinion that the new User Power will help a lot of new members to decide who they can trust here by seeing which members have a high like-post ratio.

Best regards!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.