The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New to the Forum

Student

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 17, 2021
Hello Everyone,
I want to thank everyone for having me as part of the community. I joined this forum, because I heard it was a great place to learn entrepreneurship. I had worked for someone all of my life, and I would like to start my own business eventually. So basically, I am new to this. If you have any suggestions on how I should first proceed, let me know.
Thanks,
Student

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EternalStudent

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Apr 4, 2020
Australia
Hello Everyone,
I want to thank everyone for having me as part of the community. I joined this forum, because I heard it was a great place to learn entrepreneurship. I had worked for someone all of my life, and I would like to start my own business eventually. So basically, I am new to this. If you have any suggestions on how I should first proceed, let me know.
Thanks,
Student
Welcome to the forum. Nice username :cool:

Step one would be to read TMF and/or Unscripted if you havent already.
You should also check out the Gold/Notable section.
Help out where you can and share your wins.

Do you still work a job? What do you do? What made you want to start a business and what do you mean by eventually?

Student

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 17, 2021
Welcome to the forum. Nice username :cool:

Step one would be to read TMF and/or Unscripted if you havent already.
You should also check out the Gold/Notable section.
Help out where you can and share your wins.

Do you still work a job? What do you do? What made you want to start a business and what do you mean by eventually?
Hello EternalStudent,

I like your username as well. I guess like minds think alike. I currently work as a residential counselor for mental health clients. I had been working in this field for about 20 years.

Even though the work is rewarding, residential counselors are notoriously paid very low. So I was always barely scraping by financially as well as being chased by bill collectors.

But what I think made me have a sudden intense interest in entrepreneurship is that I will be losing my job very soon. This isn't something that I had anticipated. In fact, it happened so suddenly that I'm still trying to get my head around it.

I suppose most people don't get out of their comfort zone, until life pushes them out. So maybe this is a good thing.

Thanks for the suggestion that I purchase "The Millionaire Fastlane " book. I'm going to do this right away and begin reading it. And from here on, I'm going to live and breathe entrepreneurship.

Branko

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Mar 30, 2021
Hello EternalStudent,

I like your username as well. I guess like minds think alike. I currently work as a residential counselor for mental health clients. I had been working in this field for about 20 years.

Even though the work is rewarding, residential counselors are notoriously paid very low. So I was always barely scraping by financially as well as being chased by bill collectors.

But what I think made me have a sudden intense interest in entrepreneurship is that I will be losing my job very soon. This isn't something that I had anticipated. In fact, it happened so suddenly that I'm still trying to get my head around it.

I suppose most people don't get out of their comfort zone, until life pushes them out. So maybe this is a good thing.

Thanks for the suggestion that I purchase "The Millionaire Fastlane " book. I'm going to do this right away and begin reading it. And from here on, I'm going to live and breathe entrepreneurship.
Hmm, from what you write, seems like you have 20 years worth of experience that you can share. Maybe through reading the books you will gain new fresh perspective. Perhaps you can look at your life with a new lense. If I had 20 years of experience in anything, I'd try to leverage that first, or at least start there and use what I know to branch out and merge it with another path. Just an idea. Welcome to the forum, I am also new here.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Welcome to the forum. I want to reiterate what @EternalStudent suggested. I also agree with @Branko - 20 years working in the same field gives you tremendous experience. Hopefully reading TMFL or UNSCRIPTED will give you a new perspective or shake some lose that you can grab on to.

It's never too late and we're never too old to get started. I speak from experience on that

Student

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 17, 2021
Hmm, from what you write, seems like you have 20 years worth of experience that you can share. Maybe through reading the books you will gain new fresh perspective. Perhaps you can look at your life with a new lense. If I had 20 years of experience in anything, I'd try to leverage that first, or at least start there and use what I know to branch out and merge it with another path. Just an idea. Welcome to the forum, I am also new here.
Hello Branko,
Thanks for your reply. I agree with you that I can leverage this mental health experience into something like being a life coach or perhaps a motivational speaker. What do you think? Maybe the best way to maximize is to leverage one's strengths rather than work on one's weaknesses.

Branko

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Mar 30, 2021
Hello Branko,
Thanks for your reply. I agree with you that I can leverage this mental health experience into something like being a life coach or perhaps a motivational speaker. What do you think? Maybe the best way to maximize is to leverage one's strengths rather than work on one's weaknesses.
Why not consider some kind of a consultancy freelance gig? Advisor for businesses in the metal health space. Or perhaps learning how to run a niche youtube channel about specific topics. You could also have 1-1 online coaching. Gotta start somewhere. But definitely read the books, so that you may look at what can do through a new lense. And keep browsing the forum for nuggets of wisdom :)!

Student

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 17, 2021
Welcome to the forum. I want to reiterate what @EternalStudent suggested. I also agree with @Branko - 20 years working in the same field gives you tremendous experience. Hopefully reading TMFL or UNSCRIPTED will give you a new perspective or shake some lose that you can grab on to.

It's never too late and we're never too old to get started. I speak from experience on that
Hello Ernman,
Thanks for the encouragement. I agree with you that I should definitely read "The Millionaire Fastlane " and "Unscripted ," because having the right life philosophy is of utmost importance if one wants to succeed in life. Also, I agree that I should leverage my strengths (e.g., 20 years of experience in mental health) rather than focus on my weaknesses. I suppose that I can always hire someone to do things that I am weak at.

Student

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 17, 2021
Why not consider some kind of a consultancy freelance gig? Advisor for businesses in the metal health space. Or perhaps learning how to run a niche youtube channel about specific topics. You could also have 1-1 online coaching. Gotta start somewhere. But definitely read the books, so that you may look at what can do through a new lense. And keep browsing the forum for nuggets of wisdom :)!
Hello Branko,
Yes. These are some very good ideas. I will definitely take them into consideration.
Thanks,
Student

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.