What's new

New to the forum

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

MBarnott

New Contributor
Joined
Dec 4, 2019
Messages
12
Rep Bank
$85
User Power: 75%
Hey all, I am currently reading Unscripted (3/4 done) and initially came here to see if there was a book list of his recommendations that he makes in the audiobook but decided to start engaging with the forum now that I read over some of the posts.

I'm a 34 year old male that has predominantly been in the pacific northwest's service industry my whole life: 7 years managing kitchens, 8.5 years operational management. My degree is in culinary arts and operational management but i've spent a few years each in computer science, psychology and philosophy as well but didn't complete any of those BAs. Currently manage 3 music venues, a pool hall and oversee a strip club. Like a lot of people here I've been working on side projects and hustles my whole life but they were always the second priority to my main job(s). I finally am quitting my main jobs as of this month to lighten my workload enough to allow most of my time each week to focus on my own business ventures and study as much as I can about entrepreneurship.

I had a ton of failed small businesses going back as far as high school (including everything from wedding photography to web design to computer repair) all of which were amazing learning experiences and none of which I would take back. Most recently a few coworkers and I started our own TI construction business which did fairly well for the first 1.5 years then fell apart when we couldn't balance financial risk of onsite mistakes and responsible staff management. Another tragic one recently was being a broker trading agent for some of my investors where I would architect custom trading bots that would scalp parts of the market consistently on small daily variations. This went well for about a year (1% net profit a day) until the huge crypto crash earlier this year and I'm recovering from that still since I didn't set adequate stop-losses *face-palm* lesson learned haha.

I am currently focused on three projects this winter: a product that solves the issue of legal documentation for incidents in bars and clubs where they require immutable data storage by law (currently everyone uses paper notebooks for logs and I want to use the blockchain). The second is opening my own club with a couple partners since we know this industry very well and it's the most stable avenue in the industry to build from. The third is building out a course on how to break down the trading process of crypto currencies and how to find pairs that consistently trade well together to build bots to capitalize on them.

I really resonated with MJ's book since a lot of what he talks about jabbed super deep into the approach and philosophy for work I have held as truth over the years that's quite flawed now that I look at it. The part that focus on how our time is the most important thing we have really struck me and pushed me to make some immediate changes in my life. This year there was a 8 month period that I didn’t get a day off and it really made me realize that I don’t mind the work and long hours but I want them to be on projects that I am partial or fully an owner of. I'm here to learn with you all and I hope to contribute as much as I can although I am probably quite a bit more green than many of you.

Hope you're all having a wonderful week and I look forward to getting smarter with all you!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Ximduni vu vji gusan, gopotj vji cuul epf fowi op!
 
Ximduni tos, hmef zua ipkuzif vji cuul, us ev mietv 3/4 ug ov!
 
Pix jisi vuu cav ximduni! Juqi zua muwi vji metv raesvis (ov emxezt emm jeqqipt op vji metv raesvis)
 
Ximduni tos, hmef zua ipkuzif vji cuul, us ev mietv 3/4 ug ov!
Vjepl zua tos! Wisz izi uqipoph epf dep'v xeov vu hiv vjsuahj vji sineopoph tidvoupt! O'n dasouat og zua jewi sief vji Vuumt ug Vovept? O tex zua ipfusti epuvjis upi ug Von't cuult cav fofp'v tii vjot upi up vji motv.
 
Pix jisi vuu cav ximduni! Juqi zua muwi vji metv raesvis (ov emxezt emm jeqqipt op vji metv raesvis)
Vjepl zua epf ximduni vu vji gusan et ximm! :)
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom