The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

NEW HERE

kristyblair

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jun 8, 2017
Forked River NJ
Hello,

I am new and just about done reading the millionaire fastlane . I am truly enjoying it. I wake up every morning and "think there has to be something better than this"

I am so overwhelmed with what to do. I wanted to know if anyone does Network Marketing..I know that was mentioned in the book (doing the audio) but can't remember if that's considered and A, B or C idea!

Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mike24601

Consumption Bear
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Don't take this as offensive, because I as well as everyone else genuinely wants to see people succeed. If you're at the end of TMF and you're thinking about network marketing as anything other than an awful ponzi scheme, you have missed a lot of the most important parts of the book. At this stage you need to be careful with your emotions because it's easy to get a huge burst of motivation and jump into something you don't understand. Fastlane is about taking action, yes, but not on unintelligent risks.

kristyblair

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jun 8, 2017
Forked River NJ
Don't take this as offensive, because I as well as everyone else genuinely wants to see people succeed. If you're at the end of TMF and you're thinking about network marketing as anything other than an awful ponzi scheme, you have missed a lot of the most important parts of the book. At this stage you need to be careful with your emotions because it's easy to get a huge burst of motivation and jump into something you don't understand. Fastlane is about taking action, yes, but not on unintelligent risks.
no offense taken at all..I appreciate the response! You are correct about the emotions that's where it's coming from!

Gigi Rodgers

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
May 30, 2017
Shanghai, China
Hello,

I am new and just about done reading the millionaire fastlane . I am truly enjoying it. I wake up every morning and "think there has to be something better than this"

I am so overwhelmed with what to do. I wanted to know if anyone does Network Marketing..I know that was mentioned in the book (doing the audio) but can't remember if that's considered and A, B or C idea!

Thank you

Well welcome to The Hive!
I'm glad someone mentioned why the Network Marketing was a bad idea.

I'm a broken record on the subject of 'starting', but here are 2 ideas:
1) Start selling things on EBay/Craigslist
2) Start a local workshop teaching (no more than 7 people at a time) how to do a specific task (e.g., teaching how to use Google Spreadsheets to coordinate your business financials)

#1 is easier to start than #2.
But they're both relatively no-to-low cost to start.

Don't get overwhelmed.
If you need strategy on how to start - that's what we're here for.

Last edited:

kristyblair

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jun 8, 2017
Forked River NJ

2) Start a local workshop teaching (no more than 7 people at a time) how to do a specific task (e.g., teaching how to use Google Spreadsheets to coordinate your business financials)

Don't get overwhelmed.

Thank you! I have decided to start a blog. That's as fas as I have gotten lol...but it's a start. Now I guess to educate myself on that

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Thank you! I have decided to start a blog. That's as fas as I have gotten lol...but it's a start. Now I guess to educate myself on that
What's starting a blog going to accomplish, besides keeping you busy?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Kristy. If you liked the tough love tone of TMF , I'm here to continue that theme...

(First, welcome to the forum, I hope u choose to stick around!)

I wanted to know if anyone does Network Marketing..I know that was mentioned in the book (doing the audio) but can't remember if that's considered and A, B or C idea!

A zero idea.

I would suggest you buy the print book and re-read it. If you come up with "network marketing" after reading TMF , I've failed as an author, of you have failed as a reader. In this case, I'm betting its the latter.

I have decided to start a blog.

?? For what purpose??

Spicymemer45

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 30, 2016
Butner, NC
Hold your horses amiga.

I know where you're coming from. Tell us more about yourself, your job and any experience in the world you posses and we can set you on the right track.

A train is only useful on a track. Let's find yours so you don't blow into the sidewalk and die a slow, poverty-stricken death.

Gigi Rodgers

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
May 30, 2017
Shanghai, China

If you're set on that - that's fine. But as others had stated above - what's your end goal?
And along with that question - who is the audience you will be catering to?

It's REALLY IMPORTANT you know this because you will form ALL of your decisions, content, outreach, etc. around those two questions.

When you've really defined that - check out this behemoth guide to building a blog audience by Neil Patel or Derek Halpern's Blog.
But KNOW THIS before you start!
it can take a WHILE to build up your audience, especially when you're first starting in this diaspora.
Your copywriting and the value you give CONSISTENTLY to your audience will be crucial to your success and, again, it can take years before you see the kind of "success" you're looking for.

So keep that in mind.

But if you're looking to start making money now. Read MJ's book and execute on those DEAD SET EASY ways to start a business, I mentioned above.
It's time to stop making excuses - which we will suffocate here - and just point you to the work that needs to be done.

You can do this. You got this!

kristyblair

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jun 8, 2017
Forked River NJ
Welcome Kristy. If you liked the tough love tone of TMF , I'm here to continue that theme...

(First, welcome to the forum, I hope u choose to stick around!)

A zero idea.

I would suggest you buy the print book and re-read it. If you come up with "network marketing" after reading TMF , I've failed as an author, of you have failed as a reader. In this case, I'm betting its the latter.

?? For what purpose??

No I got the whole network marketing thing. I listened to more of the book. I know it was said that Info is a great way into the FAST LANE. I started reading up on entrepreneurs like was told and got back some great info on the top 20 Blogs and the money they are making. One guy alone is clearing $70,000 a month.

kristyblair

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jun 8, 2017
Forked River NJ

Don't get overwhelmed.

Thank you but I don't see how selling things on Ebay is going to bring freedom? Isn't the whole point to build a business around residual and passive income?

Gigi Rodgers

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
May 30, 2017
Shanghai, China
Thank you but I don't see how selling things on Ebay is going to bring freedom? Isn't the whole point to build a business around residual and passive income?

Baby steps Kristy, baby steps...

When I first started selling things on EBay, I had NO IDEA I was going to learn about:
  • Persuasive Sales Copywriting (which makes a HUGE difference in a sale or no sale)
  • The Art of Researching Price Points (you go to the 'completed sales' section of EBay, see how much your item sold for in the past, now you sell it a little bit more or a little bit less (depending on it's condition) based on that information)
  • Customer Service (I had an electronic item that didn't work when it got to the user. I refunded their money, sent them my deepest apologies, and then sent them 2 electronic repair shops that they could take the item to for repair - if they wanted)
  • Negotiating (They had it for $5, I bought it for $3. You'd be surprised how many people feel VERY awkward negotiating - even just $2 off a price tag. It's a skill you develop over time until it's not awkward anymore)
  • Pivoting (if an item didn't sell in a week, I would take the post down and then repost it again tweaking the copy. If that didn't work, after a few days, I'd tweak the price.
Don't knock the EBay hustle.
Is it sexy? No.
Can it make you some money? You're damn right it can.
Can it teach you some business fundamentals? Absolutely.

Next thing you know you're feeling a bit more confident. You've developed some skills over the months. Perhaps paid off a credit card or saved up some money to now go to the NEXT LEVEL of your entrepreneurship.

Maybe you can teach a workshop?
Maybe you can sell a service online?
Maybe you will sell a product?

I'll tell you this, laying down these foundational elements - especially the sales copywriting - can make the biggest difference in how you evolve as an entrepreneur. Don't rush the process, but start somewhere where there is ZERO entry fee and it all falls on you, and the work you put in, on whether you succeed or not.

kristyblair

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jun 8, 2017
Forked River NJ
Baby steps Kristy, baby steps...

When I first started selling things on EBay, I had NO IDEA I was going to learn about:
  • Persuasive Sales Copywriting (which makes a HUGE difference in a sale or no sale)
  • The Art of Researching Price Points (you go to the 'completed sales' section of EBay, see how much your item sold for in the past, now you sell it a little bit more or a little bit less (depending on it's condition) based on that information)
  • Customer Service (I had an electronic item that didn't work when it got to the user. I refunded their money, sent them my deepest apologies, and then sent them 2 electronic repair shops that they cou ake the item to for repair - if they wanted)
  • Negotiating (They had it for $5, I bought it for $3. You'd be surprised how many people feel VERY awkward negotiating - even just $2 off a price tag. It's a skill you develop over time until it's not awkward anymore)
  • Pivoting (if an item didn't sell in a week, I would take the post down and then repost it again tweaking the copy. If that didn't work, after a few days, I'd tweak the price.
Don't knock the EBay hustle.
Is it sexy? No.
Can it make you some money? You're damn right it can.
Can it teach you some business fundamentals? Absolutely.

Next thing you know you're feeling a bit more confident. You've developed some skills over the months. Perhaps paid off a credit card or saved up some money to now go to the NEXT LEVEL of your entrepreneurship.

Maybe you can teach a workshop?
Maybe you can sell a service online?
Maybe you will sell a product?

I'll tell you this, laying down these foundational elements - especially the sales copywriting - can make the biggest difference in how you evolve as an entrepreneur. Don't rush the process, but start somewhere where there is ZERO entry fee and it all falls on you, and the work you put in, on whether you succeed or not.

Thank you so much for the advice...it's truly appreciated!

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Better to focus on the value being delivered than on chasing the $$ alone

While it's awesome that the blogger is clearing $70k recurring, there is a whole process that got him there, not just the fact he is blogging. Most blogs will never monetize at all
No I got the whole network marketing thing. I listened to more of the book. I know it was said that Info is a great way into the FAST LANE. I started reading up on entrepreneurs like was told and got back some great info on the top 20 Blogs and the money they are making. One guy alone is clearing $70,000 a month.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...