The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Here

liam_hughes_85

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jan 7, 2022
What's up, I'm a huge fan of your writing and perspective MJ. You're definitely one of the people of this era that are saying what young people need to hear and the fact that you want others to see the success you've seen shows in your writing. I really appreciate you putting all of that out there and it's a breath of fresh air among books in the self improvement-y genre where there's about a chapter's worth of good mindset advice, and the rest of the book is regurgitated "scripted" garbage.

I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area very lower middle class, got into all kinds of sh*t growing up, spent early 20's dealing with substance abuse problems, got sober, and got a job as a land surveyor for a major public works company. A huge step of from working in kitchens and I felt on top of the world, but about a year in I realized that it wasn't enough and that I was capable of more, and that I had wanted to be an entrepreneur my whole life and didn't realize it. Felt like it was a late epiphany at 23 but better late than never.

I screen printed as a side hustle for extra cash (still do) and pursued a number of different (what I later learned to be) BRO marketing schemes for about a year; dropshipping etc. I read Unscripted , and then read The Great Rat Race Escape and partway through the book, everything from both books clicked and I realized where I had been going wrong. Currently on my journey of putting together a product that creates value and solves problems, and learning the skills necessary to get the ball rolling. Couldn't be happier to be chasing something that is extremely, frustratingly difficult to create and even harder to copy.

I'm now reading Unscripted again to get the most out of it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...