The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New here. Just want to introduce myself and buy someone lunch.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
First, I'll address the lunch comment. I've made more personal and professional progress in the last year buy reaching out to strangers and buying them lunch, than in the first 29 years of my life. (I'm 30) It's how I got my current job as CTO of a tiny internet company with exactly zero experience in programming. So if anyone in this forum is in Minnesota's Twin Cities Metro area, I would love to buy you lunch.

I am 3/4 the way through The Millionaire Fastlane . It's, obviously, a great book. Many of the comments and themes are old news to me, but MJ's perspective helps to cement them in my mind, as well as light a fire under my butt. I read Rich Dad Poor Dad when I was 22 and it motivated me to buy my first rental property ASAP I bought that rental when I was 23. It was a terrible investment which netted me (considering all expenses and income) $1.2k over the 6 years I owned. Many great lessons were learned. I now own different rental that (so far) is cashflow positive at $6k per year. (little potatoes)

To make this intro short (as I'm using up your valuable time) I have been a wantrepreneur since I read R.D.P.D. and when I finished my time in the Air Force in 2009 I was rip-roaring and ready to start my own company. I just can't find a niche to dive into. I'm an obsessive person, when I find something I like I go all in. When I found that I'd gained weight after getting out of the service I obsessed over getting fit and went from 210 chubby to 165 lean to (currently) 180 and (to borrow my friends' term) jacked as hell.

So I'm looking for opportunity. I'm looking for something to dive into. Something to improve peoples' lives in exchange for payment. So what frustrates you guys? How can I benefit you or your friends? What can I do for you?

Thanks
-Chad

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kamanuci

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Nov 7, 2013
Welcome Chad. This is a great forum, I'm sure you will enjoy it. The people here are friendly. I wish I was in your area to meet but I'm located in So Cal. I would suggest that you join the INSIDERS's if you haven't yet already and start reading the stuff there. There is a process call idea extraction that I've learned to help you come up with ideas (I was introduced to it me by dane maxwell but not sure if he started the process). If you look up "idea extraction" in google you will find so good resources. Best of luck on your journey, with your enthusiasm I'm sure you'll do great.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So if anyone in this forum is in Minnesota's Twin Cities Metro area, I would love to buy you lunch.

Our favorite Fastlaner is from MN! While I'm sure @Vigilante has many offers for FREE lunch, you can pick his brain for 50 hours by just reading everything he has written in the last few years. There's GOLD in them hills! ARGGGGHH!

when I finished my time in the Air Force in 2009

Thank you for the service and welcome to the board Chad.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lakeview

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 5, 2013
Texas
Chad - Welcome aboard!

I hired many a salesman through my career and was never let down by the discipline and determination of an ex-military man. I want to thank you for your service and I'm certain you will find your training in line with becoming a successful businessman. As far as kamanuci comment about "idea extraction," I couldn't agree more. I find now my social conversations with people are differently now.

Example:
  • "What are some of your painful problems in your business?"
  • "What are some of the tasks that take up you time during the day?"
I'm a 1200 miles south of you so I'll pass on lunch. I like my fajitas hot. :) Thanks for the offer though.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...