The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New from Colorado

Bbenn30

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Jan 24, 2022
Hey all,

I'm Bryant from western Colorado. I want to say I'm excited to join a forum like this. What drew me to this, other than the obvious (the books), was the promise of being active in a group free of spam gurus trying to sell me another BS course. I started my adventure right before the pandemic. I was frankly fat, tired and horribly broke. Sure I had a nice car and a nice house but literally everything of value I had I bought on credit. I was working 2 jobs many days were 10 hour days and a normal work week for me was around 20-25 days straight before I'd get a few days to take a break. Finally, I had enough and started researching how to get myself out of the whole I got myself in to. I found a podcast, DIY Money, and started debt snowballing while listening and changing my spending habits. I realized I wasted so much of my hard earned money on stupid ridiculous shit and junk food. I set a goal I wanted to be debt free, I didn't know when I would do it but I decided to pay off my car as a first start and push from there. Along the way I had several injuries related to my overworking and poor health choices. So I said screw it and went for broke, I started working out daily as well as pushing myself to unbury myself from the debt I had accumulated.

Once the pandemic hit I instantly lost my second job (I was a manager of a bar and grill). But that didn't stop me I kept my determination and thanks to the feds putting my student loans in forbearance I had a new goal. Pay off all those loans as quick as possible. I hustled and through 2020 I'm proud to say I paid off most of my car loan, all my student debt and lost 50 lbs. My other job which was managing an ace hardware was bustling through this. Turn to 2021 and I was burnt out on my job at Ace, I had successfully survived the craziest year our store had ever seen and helped my boss earn 2.5 mill in gross sales ( the most she'd ever made). But come mid 2021 all of use were burnt out, none of us had seen any real raises and the stresses of the job were horribly affecting team morale. The boss decided to give us all bonuses, but, she decided that a pitiful $100 gift card to get a massage was the best she could do for us. She has 10 employees... Finally I said enough is enough. I had recently paid off my car and in August I filed for an LLC, got a sales tax license and started pursuing my own business venture. I had initially planned to have a factory in China start manufacturing my own specialized drill bits but thanks to the debacle that was global shipping I was unable to land a product on US soil that I could be profitable with. Instead I turned my attention to something that is abundant throughout the US... books. In September I bought my first batch of books. I haven't stopped hustling for more books ever since. Currently I am still working for Ace but think I can replace my monthly income in another month or 2. In the meantime I am biding my time at Ace punching the clock there 80 hrs a week and spending nearly every free moment and evening building my book empire. It seems crazy to think where I was in 2020 to now. I am starting to feel that I am getting my life back. I have read several books on entrepreneurship but have no one I can say is close to me that I would say is an entrepreneur. I stumbled upon Unscripted from a guy I follow on social media name Mark Tilbury. He recommended the book so I picked it up and was enthralled by the real message it sent. Once I saw there was more to it than just a series of books I decided I better jump over to the forum.

This was an incredibly long introduction but I hope I can be an active member of this group... thank you for the add and the content MJ it's been life changing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bbenn30

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Jan 24, 2022
Hey all,

I'm Bryant from western Colorado. I want to say I'm excited to join a forum like this. What drew me to this, other than the obvious (the books), was the promise of being active in a group free of spam gurus trying to sell me another BS course. I started my adventure right before the pandemic. I was frankly fat, tired and horribly broke. Sure I had a nice car and a nice house but literally everything of value I had I bought on credit. I was working 2 jobs many days were 10 hour days and a normal work week for me was around 20-25 days straight before I'd get a few days to take a break. Finally, I had enough and started researching how to get myself out of the whole I got myself in to. I found a podcast, DIY Money, and started debt snowballing while listening and changing my spending habits. I realized I wasted so much of my hard earned money on stupid ridiculous shit and junk food. I set a goal I wanted to be debt free, I didn't know when I would do it but I decided to pay off my car as a first start and push from there. Along the way I had several injuries related to my overworking and poor health choices. So I said screw it and went for broke, I started working out daily as well as pushing myself to unbury myself from the debt I had accumulated.

Once the pandemic hit I instantly lost my second job (I was a manager of a bar and grill). But that didn't stop me I kept my determination and thanks to the feds putting my student loans in forbearance I had a new goal. Pay off all those loans as quick as possible. I hustled and through 2020 I'm proud to say I paid off most of my car loan, all my student debt and lost 50 lbs. My other job which was managing an ace hardware was bustling through this. Turn to 2021 and I was burnt out on my job at Ace, I had successfully survived the craziest year our store had ever seen and helped my boss earn 2.5 mill in gross sales ( the most she'd ever made). But come mid 2021 all of use were burnt out, none of us had seen any real raises and the stresses of the job were horribly affecting team morale. The boss decided to give us all bonuses, but, she decided that a pitiful $100 gift card to get a massage was the best she could do for us. She has 10 employees... Finally I said enough is enough. I had recently paid off my car and in August I filed for an LLC, got a sales tax license and started pursuing my own business venture. I had initially planned to have a factory in China start manufacturing my own specialized drill bits but thanks to the debacle that was global shipping I was unable to land a product on US soil that I could be profitable with. Instead I turned my attention to something that is abundant throughout the US... books. In September I bought my first batch of books. I haven't stopped hustling for more books ever since. Currently I am still working for Ace but think I can replace my monthly income in another month or 2. In the meantime I am biding my time at Ace punching the clock there 80 hrs a week and spending nearly every free moment and evening building my book empire. It seems crazy to think where I was in 2020 to now. I am starting to feel that I am getting my life back. I have read several books on entrepreneurship but have no one I can say is close to me that I would say is an entrepreneur. I stumbled upon Unscripted from a guy I follow on social media name Mark Tilbury. He recommended the book so I picked it up and was enthralled by the real message it sent. Once I saw there was more to it than just a series of books I decided I better jump over to the forum.

This was an incredibly long introduction but I hope I can be an active member of this group... thank you for the add and the content MJ it's been life changing.
I should mention through all of this I am also a firefighter. I am currently pushing to fill the next available lieutenants position. We are paid volunteers, we lost a bunch of our people through covid and for awhile there was only 4 of us and at times just me and another guy running calls.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great to have ya Bryant, appreciate the introduction. Hope to see your story progress.

Bbenn30

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Jan 24, 2022
Great to have ya Bryant, appreciate the introduction. Hope to see your story progress.
Much appreciated! Thanks for laying the groundwork for us! This is a unique place i'm excited to join in the group.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...