The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New from the Netherlands

centje

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 15, 2020
Netherlands
Hi everyone,

I’m a 27-year old Dutchman who lived in Aruba for almost 20 years. I came to the Netherlands to study for a computer engineering degree in Den Bosch, but dropped out just a year before I would attain my degree. I was also working 20 hours a week at the time, so working while following a full-time course no longer seemed suitable for me. Furthermore, during my internship, I realized that the environment I would work in – if I was to become an engineer – would not suit my needs.

Books

I’ve read the following books so far:
  • The Millionaire Fastlane ,
  • Rich dad poor dad,
  • The richest man in Babylon,
  • Way of the wolf,
  • Negotiation genius,
  • Methods of persuasion by Nick Kolenda,
  • Water logic by Edward de Bono,
  • Millionaire teacher,
  • Think and grow rich,
  • The 48 laws of power,
  • The 21 irrefutable laws of leadership,
  • How to win friends and influence people,
  • What self-made millionaires really think, know and do.
I think most of you read “the Millionaire Fastlane ”, and it’s a great book, because MJ punctures holes through the old belief of finding a good job, saving a percentage of your income, being frugal, and maybe you'll have a fortune when you retire at the age of 65 with the hope that you won't be in a terrible condition. I’ll read Unscripted too.
Another great book I’ve read, is “What self-made millionaires really think, know and do”. In my opinion, the way the latter book is written, is as if the writers are explaining their perception of the world. It explains the differences between successful and unsuccessful people. What I especially enjoy about it, is that it is written in such a positive manner and backs up the positive claims by describing their experiences. The book also debunks popular myths and misconceptions and is full of useful idea-generating tools and insights.

A little bit about myself

I like to strategize, orchestrate plans and getting things done. I’m not the type of guy to shoot the breeze with. I do like to joke around from time to time though. Furthermore, I would say that I’m good at planning and strategizing. I enjoy playing chess very much and tend to apply many of the concepts I’ve learned to my plans.

Skills/knowledge

Planning and strategizing, network technology and embedded systems, leadership, web-development (I have a plenty of knowledge about this), trading & investing, psychology (mostly persuasion), blockchain technology (recently started learning), UX, dropshipping, architecture, writing (I’m going to write a book after I set up my businesses) and a lot more.

What I’m currently doing

I’m starting a couple of online businesses. I have the skills to develop awesome web-applications using the REACT library for the front-end, express for the back-end and using mongo dB and AWS. I’m almost done with the frontend (~80%). I have a couple of specific questions to ask you guys, but for now, I just like to get to know you a bit better.

My goal is to enrich the lives of others, automate my income as much as possible, and to make friends with like-minded people all over the world. I know I’m on the right track.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Shoshin

From a beginner's mind to mastery — and back!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 14, 2020
40.695577 | -73.326695
Centje, haha! Welkom

I'm not dutch but I'm acquainted with the language since I lived in Amsterdam for 4 years - what a tough language to learn!

Anyway, I recently joined the forum as well, and although I'm not running a business yet (preparation phase or some might call it action faking) I can help with anything related to user experience if needed. That's a topic I'm working on exclusively for 10 years.

Good luck!

WhoDatBoy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 17, 2020
The Netherlands
What's up centje, I see you're a man of big money haha! Welcome to the forum, I'm a new member as well.

I'm from the Netherlands too, Eindhoven to be specific. Do you plan to stay in the Netherlands or to eventually go back to sunny Aruba?

May I ask why you are starting multiple online businesses at once? Quite some of the successful guys here advise to focus on perfecting one product/service first, before moving on to the next projects.

centje

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 15, 2020
Netherlands
Centje, haha! Welkom

I'm not dutch but I'm acquainted with the language since I lived in Amsterdam for 4 years - what a tough language to learn!

Anyway, I recently joined the forum as well, and although I'm not running a business yet (preparation phase or some might call it action faking) I can help with anything related to user experience if needed. That's a topic I'm working on exclusively for 10 years.

Good luck!

Thank you, Shoshin! Yes, it's a pretty tough language, especially for me, because language - in general - is not my strength.

About starting a business, is there anything that piques your interest?

I'm looking forward to your helping me with the UX aspect of the site. I know a bit about UX myself, so it would be interesting! Once I'm done with the site, I'll share the link.

Where are you from, if I may ask?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

centje

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 15, 2020
Netherlands
What's up centje, I see you're a man of big money haha! Welcome to the forum, I'm a new member as well.

I'm from the Netherlands too, Eindhoven to be specific. Do you plan to stay in the Netherlands or to eventually go back to sunny Aruba?

May I ask why you are starting multiple online businesses at once? Quite some of the successful guys here advise to focus on perfecting one product/service first, before moving on to the next projects.

I'm a man of big money? I'm aspiring to become a human money printer.

I don't plan on going back to Aruba. It's a nice place to relax and the people there are generally nice. Good place to go to on vacation to relax. I sure miss the sun though. For now, I'm staying in the Netherlands at least for a couple of years.

I'm starting multiple businesses, but they are very similar businesses; all three of them are dropshipping businesses. So, I batch (group) tasks. I have a specific 35 page plan, detailing exactly which steps to take to setup a dropshipping business. I'm far enough to contact suppliers so I can sell products. I started contacting them today, which I don't recommend, because it's Friday, and people are preparing for the weekend and finishing things up and stuff. So, I'll continue calling next week Monday.

Furthermore, I delegate a number of tasks and readily ask for help. The team I lead consists of three members including me.

I'll add some more details later - or if you're interested to know more, feel free to ask. I checked out your introduction and I'm interested to know more. I'll talk to you soon.

Shoshin

From a beginner's mind to mastery — and back!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 14, 2020
40.695577 | -73.326695
Where are you from, if I may ask?

South America, but still living in The Netherlands, employed as a UX Designer

About starting a business, is there anything that piques your interest?

To be honest, I'm still very green on the matter. Many ideas, but I didn't spend enough time with them yet to understand what value they bring. That's what I'm doing this week. I have some topics in mind to start with, such as in education or software, but they're so fuzzy I need to look at them further.

Good luck with the project and thanks for reaching out!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...