The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Fastlane Student Checking In!

JimW

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Dec 19, 2018
SC
Hello Fastlane Forum,

Jim here, from the beautiful upstate of South Carolina. I am currently 27, living the slow lane with a "good" engineering job making a "good living". I have been on the traditional road earning my BSME from Clemson and contributing to my 401k while pinching pennies and driving my old 300k+ mile Honda. I enjoy living a reasonably modest lifestyle and saving now for a brighter future.

The problem is that I don't love what I do for a living. Worse yet, it is easy to see that with my current path it will take me a lifetime to hit my financial goals. My target is financial freedom while I am still young and I know that a 9-5 is not going to do the trick. I have never been blind enough to miss the fact that my work in corporate America is building someone else's wealth and dreams and the expense of my own. I have always believed there is more to life than a 9-5 grind until you die. MJ really drove that home in TMF and it hit me hard.

I am a big believer in the idea that "good is the enemy of great", as my ability to purchase a modest home and build a significant emergency fund reduces any real financial pressure. I know that I have it good right now and the lack of pressure has made it easy for me to fall into the trap of endless excuses up to this point.

I am here to get out of my "good" rut, meet like minded people, learn more about Fastlane businesses, and share what I know. Thanks for having me on board!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
Hello @JimW,

George here, from the foundry called Accra, Ghana... where it's hot and sunny all year round. Thanks for taking your time to introduce yourself to the Fastlane community.

I hope you find what you came here for.

Good luck, and Godspeed in your Fastlane adventures!

Amro

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Oct 5, 2018
Schoorl
Hi,

Welcome onboard to a life changing adventure! There is a light on the other end of that tunnel.

All the best,
Amro

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.