Long story short, I started my business two years ago, before my first year of college. No one took me seriously then, or really does now at first glance because I'm so young and have a baby-face.
Fast forward to this summer, signed my first big client, lets call him Charlie. Did great work for Charlie, the management loved me, and regularly told me they loved the work I did. Sadly the business started failing and they let go all the "Luxury Expenses" of which I am considered. Bummer.
Later that month i went to a restaurant, and while in the bathroom washing my hands, I made an off the cuff comment to the guy next to me about how the food here was amazing. Turns out he was a part owner in the restaurant and immediately hired me to work on several of his businesses, giving me around $3k a month just working from home.
Last week I get a call from Charlie, and it turns out that he actually does business with the restaurant owner. They both love my work and they want me helping out 2-3 more businesses they are opening up in the city.
On top of that, there is a huge new entertainment arcade that opened up in September in my city. They are so successful that they are already opening a new location. Coincidentally while there on a night out, I met the manager, got to talking, and he wants me to meet with higher management to get me signed on as well. My goal is to be making at least 10k per month by the end of the year.
I know my writing is terrible, but the moral of the story here is just don't be afraid to talk to everyone and anyone about everything and everything. If someone likes you, they will want to do business with you.
Fast forward to this summer, signed my first big client, lets call him Charlie. Did great work for Charlie, the management loved me, and regularly told me they loved the work I did. Sadly the business started failing and they let go all the "Luxury Expenses" of which I am considered. Bummer.
Later that month i went to a restaurant, and while in the bathroom washing my hands, I made an off the cuff comment to the guy next to me about how the food here was amazing. Turns out he was a part owner in the restaurant and immediately hired me to work on several of his businesses, giving me around $3k a month just working from home.
Last week I get a call from Charlie, and it turns out that he actually does business with the restaurant owner. They both love my work and they want me helping out 2-3 more businesses they are opening up in the city.
On top of that, there is a huge new entertainment arcade that opened up in September in my city. They are so successful that they are already opening a new location. Coincidentally while there on a night out, I met the manager, got to talking, and he wants me to meet with higher management to get me signed on as well. My goal is to be making at least 10k per month by the end of the year.
I know my writing is terrible, but the moral of the story here is just don't be afraid to talk to everyone and anyone about everything and everything. If someone likes you, they will want to do business with you.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
