The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Networking really is king.

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

mtn_baldy

The Charismatic
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
355%
Apr 20, 2015
Kalispell, Montana
Long story short, I started my business two years ago, before my first year of college. No one took me seriously then, or really does now at first glance because I'm so young and have a baby-face.

Fast forward to this summer, signed my first big client, lets call him Charlie. Did great work for Charlie, the management loved me, and regularly told me they loved the work I did. Sadly the business started failing and they let go all the "Luxury Expenses" of which I am considered. Bummer.

Later that month i went to a restaurant, and while in the bathroom washing my hands, I made an off the cuff comment to the guy next to me about how the food here was amazing. Turns out he was a part owner in the restaurant and immediately hired me to work on several of his businesses, giving me around $3k a month just working from home.

Last week I get a call from Charlie, and it turns out that he actually does business with the restaurant owner. They both love my work and they want me helping out 2-3 more businesses they are opening up in the city.

On top of that, there is a huge new entertainment arcade that opened up in September in my city. They are so successful that they are already opening a new location. Coincidentally while there on a night out, I met the manager, got to talking, and he wants me to meet with higher management to get me signed on as well. My goal is to be making at least 10k per month by the end of the year.

I know my writing is terrible, but the moral of the story here is just don't be afraid to talk to everyone and anyone about everything and everything. If someone likes you, they will want to do business with you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mr. Gray

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Nov 8, 2016
So cool man. Knowing your city and the people that make moves are the most important for you to be connected. I got what you were saying and I think others will.

Long story short, I started my business two years ago, before my first year of college. No one took me seriously then, or really does now at first glance because I'm so young and have a baby-face.

Fast forward to this summer, signed my first big client, lets call him Charlie. Did great work for Charlie, the management loved me, and regularly told me they loved the work I did. Sadly the business started failing and they let go all the "Luxury Expenses" of which I am considered. Bummer.

Later that month i went to a restaurant, and while in the bathroom washing my hands, I made an off the cuff comment to the guy next to me about how the food here was amazing. Turns out he was a part owner in the restaurant and immediately hired me to work on several of his businesses, giving me around $3k a month just working from home.

Last week I get a call from Charlie, and it turns out that he actually does business with the restaurant owner. They both love my work and they want me helping out 2-3 more businesses they are opening up in the city.

On top of that, there is a huge new entertainment arcade that opened up in September in my city. They are so successful that they are already opening a new location. Coincidentally while there on a night out, I met the manager, got to talking, and he wants me to meet with higher management to get me signed on as well. My goal is to be making at least 10k per month by the end of the year.

I know my writing is terrible, but the moral of the story here is just don't be afraid to talk to everyone and anyone about everything and everything. If someone likes you, they will want to do business with you.

MrShah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Jul 10, 2014
Good One Malcolm. Never know when and where you'd bump into a potential prospect.
I like Tom cruise too btw, :D

moranle1985

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 20, 2018
IL
Nice to read such story. Wish you the best!
Being a woman is also complecated.
Men always try to make me feel small and unimportant by calling me "honey" and "sweety" at the begining of each sentence [emoji35]

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Nice to read such story. Wish you the best!
Being a woman is also complecated.
Men always try to make me feel small and unimportant by calling me "honey" and "sweety" at the begining of each sentence [emoji35]

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I hope you're not Tanisha.

jlwilliams

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Dec 14, 2014
"Don't talk to strangers" is among the worst pieces of conventional wisdom. It's one of those things that children learn for good reason that unfortunately follow people into adulthood.

Your business life and your love life depend on meeting others. Go ahead, talk to strangers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
So for those guys here who've a baby-face (meaning you're like 45 but look 25 or younger), how do you handle that?

I've this issue and it's hard to be taken seriously at networking/mingling type of meetup/activities, and it's only after the person has gotten to know you for some time and they saw your work/personality, that's when it begans to change, but it takes too long IMO. It's a big disadvantage in those first-time social meetups sort of environment.

jlwilliams

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Dec 14, 2014
So for those guys here who've a baby-face (meaning you're like 45 but look 25 or younger), how do you handle that?

I've this issue and it's hard to be taken seriously at networking/mingling type of meetup/activities, and it's only after the person has gotten to know you for some time and they saw your work/personality, that's when it begans to change, but it takes too long IMO. It's a big disadvantage in those first-time social meetups sort of environment.

The go to has always been facial hair. Put a mustache on that lip and go from Beiber to Magnum. Pow! Just like that.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.