The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Negative mindset.

Anything related to matters of the mind

future8938

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Dec 6, 2020
I can't help but feel down by my lack of results financially. It is a perpetual insecure spot. And the thing is it wouldn't be that bad but it F*cks with me so much that it effects other parts of my life. I'm more prone to getting into fights and being angry creating more problems. How do you guys keep a even mind about this? How do I not attach my self worth to money? This insecurity will drive me to do really stupid stuff. This isn't new as there are studies that low income families have more problems and fights. I always feel perpetual anxiety. Obviously the best way to counteract this is to take action but I want to take action from a resourceful place and abundance not scarcity.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

afrankmore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 5, 2020
Central California
I can't help but feel down by my lack of results financially. It is a perpetual insecure spot. And the thing is it wouldn't be that bad but it f*cks with me so much that it effects other parts of my life. I'm more prone to getting into fights and being angry creating more problems. How do you guys keep a even mind about this? How do I not attach my self worth to money? This insecurity will drive me to do really stupid stuff. This isn't new as there are studies that low income families have more problems and fights. I always feel perpetual anxiety. Obviously the best way to counteract this is to take action but I want to take action from a resourceful place and abundance not scarcity.
There is quite a bit I can possibly say to this... But, this post here is almost text book for the program I am currently developing. I just want to say one thing and leave more room open for other forum members.

How do I not attach my self worth to money? You detach yourself from money and all concepts of money to start. Think about how you can help someone. Attach your self-worth to helping others.

But I do want to mention one thing and that is mindset. You must first change the way you think before you can change every other aspect of your life. Our thoughts are very powerful and have complete control over our behaviors.. IE you getting into fist fights.. Change your thoughts my friend and keep coming back to the forum on a daily basis. Engage in topic threads and keep documenting here just like you just did. You got this..

So to sum this up: Change your thinking and Change your self worth from money to helping others

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
I think you need to realize that money is abundant. It's everywhere. You can't open your eyes and look around without seeing a situation where money changes hands. Seriously, nobody even knows how much money is in existence. It's in the quadrillions.

The next thing is this: You can't catch money by chasing it. You have to make it come to you. It's like a bunny rabbit. Ever try to catch one of those? It's freakin hard. But, if you have a carrot in your hand and you sit still long enough, it will hop over and eat it out of your hand.

It's been 5 years for me and I'm still developing my own abundance mindset but I can tell you that the further I progress, the more money I make. Money is just a minor part of it. Life is much more exciting because I see opportunity everywhere. I think it all started when I began focusing my energy on helping others and forgetting about myself for the moment. My thesis was that by helping others get what they want, I would somehow get what I wanted. This thesis has been proven true many times for me, just this week!

I think you will get there. You just need to practice. Money is something that comes and goes. There are homeless people walking around without two pennies to rub together who were once worth millions. On the flipside there are broke people right now that will be millionaires next year. Money is always moving and changing hands.

When you don't have any money, you're always thinking about the money you don't have.
When you have money, you're always thinking about losing it.

I hope these musings are helpful. These ideas have worked well for me so maybe they will work for you. Good luck.

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
I've recently been in this position man.

I may even still be there a bit.

You need to be patient.

I don't mean you should wait.

I mean you need to be patient.

In order to be patient you need to do the following:

1. Assess your bank account - is it in a good place? If not, get a job. A job will help you fill up your bank account and open you to different industries, people and opportunities

2. Find a hobby - make sure it has nothing to do with the internet/digital world. Do something physical that requires you around other people (more potential for opportune relationships) and requires you to stay disciplined i.e. Kickboxing Gym

3. Look at your current business. The reason it's failing is probably because it's not solving a problem for someone who will pay for the problem to be solved. Go back to basics, re-validate your business. Speak directly to potential clients and do surveys.

Overall, the above are not only effective ways of making progress, but of also cleansing your mind.

When you're fighting daily and digging through sh*t to make your goals come to fruition, you end up getting dirty. Muck and slime dries and sticks all over you.

You start to lose sight of the opportunities around you, you begin to become less grateful, you get triggered easily by things and people around you.

This is the point where you pause and clean yourself off [doing the activities I listed for you above]. You'll never make it with a sh*t stained attitude.

You need to recalibrate, or else you'll dig a tunnel to nowhere.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Kickboxing Gym

Just wanted to add this kind of activity lets you release anger and frustration. Once you spend a good hour doing drills and punching and kicking the heavy bag you sleep like a baby and your mood is so much better, no joke.

I would go back but I don't want to risk that kind of close contact yet. And I don't have room in my place for one bag... :humph: ...but if you do, get one! @Strategery can second this too!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Do you have abundant food?
A warm bed?
Clean water?
A hot shower?
A smartphone?
Access to unlimited information?

The solution is perspective ... and let that perspective of abundance be your guide.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
How do I not attach my self worth to money? You detach yourself from money and all concepts of money to start. Think about how you can help someone. Attach your self-worth to helping others.
That's good advice.

As a consideration, attach your self worth to your ability to improve. Work on the parts of yourself that need improving. Learn how to improve on them. It is easier to accept that you don't have money but you one day will, you just have to develop your skills more to get them.

Of course this approach can have pitfalls, especially if you are never satisfied and always trying to "fix" some part of yourself.

The key is striking a balance between appreciating who you are today and how you got there, being thankful for any positives in your life, while keeping on eye on what you are working on to get to the next level.

Keep putting one foot in front of the other, and don't have a tantrum that you haven't arrived at your destination yet.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
I can't help but feel down by my lack of results financially. It is a perpetual insecure spot. And the thing is it wouldn't be that bad but it f*cks with me so much that it effects other parts of my life. I'm more prone to getting into fights and being angry creating more problems. How do you guys keep a even mind about this? How do I not attach my self worth to money? This insecurity will drive me to do really stupid stuff. This isn't new as there are studies that low income families have more problems and fights. I always feel perpetual anxiety. Obviously the best way to counteract this is to take action but I want to take action from a resourceful place and abundance not scarcity.

Look into deriving self worth and value internally vs externally.

Ask how you contribute to helping other and making things better. And if you don't do much, then perhaps focusing there will see you to results all around.

In general, people's bank account is in line with the amount of value they create for others.

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
How do you guys keep a even mind about this?

To me it's all about two things: Fundamentals and perspective. Now I'm not gonna lie, my financial situation really sucks but the reason I'm not frustrated about it is because I know that I possess the discipline to dig myself out of the nonsense.

If I got paid even twice as much as I currently do (which is very possible, seeing as I get a little bit above minimum wage now lol), both my credit cards would be paid off in six months and I would be making substantial payments on my student loans.

This is cuz I don't waste money on dumb possessions if I come across more money.

As far as perspective, it doesn't cost a lot to live well these days. Even at incomes as piss poor as mine, it is still possible to be really healthy to where you don't get sick 8 times a year and it is still possible to have a decent love life. Raising a family is different, and even that is a matter of preference.

My money goals are pretty damn clear: Get higher paying gigs so I can stop being "locked in" to Uber Eats. Doing this is just like getting to more difficult levels in a video game: Success thru trial and error. Action taking (applying to the gigs in more than learning more about how to do it more effectively) vs action faking ("learning" about freelancing more than actually applying to stuff/sending out proposals).

I want to make more money so I can pay off my debts so I be free enough to can work on my craft and brand because that is what will give me a sense of contribution not working for the man forever (even freelance stuff is "working for the man"). I don't care about cool possessions or anything like that.

Why do you want more money in your life? Something tells me so that you can appear cool in front of others. But I hope I'm wrong about that.

How do I not attach my self worth to money?
Get those around you who attach their self-worth to money out of your life. Surround yourself with people who own nothing; hyper minimalists etc.

That's what I am. The only "possessions" I have are my 13 year old car, my laptops, and a few gaming consoles. I don't own anything else.

Are you around people like this?

future8938

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Dec 6, 2020
To me it's all about two things: Fundamentals and perspective. Now I'm not gonna lie, my financial situation really sucks but the reason I'm not frustrated about it is because I know that I possess the discipline to dig myself out of the nonsense.

If I got paid even twice as much as I currently do (which is very possible, seeing as I get a little bit above minimum wage now lol), both my credit cards would be paid off in six months and I would be making substantial payments on my student loans.

This is cuz I don't waste money on dumb possessions if I come across more money.

As far as perspective, it doesn't cost a lot to live well these days. Even at incomes as piss poor as mine, it is still possible to be really healthy to where you don't get sick 8 times a year and it is still possible to have a decent love life. Raising a family is different, and even that is a matter of preference.

My money goals are pretty damn clear: Get higher paying gigs so I can stop being "locked in" to Uber Eats. Doing this is just like getting to more difficult levels in a video game: Success thru trial and error. Action taking (applying to the gigs in more than learning more about how to do it more effectively) vs action faking ("learning" about freelancing more than actually applying to stuff/sending out proposals).

I want to make more money so I can pay off my debts so I be free enough to can work on my craft and brand because that is what will give me a sense of contribution not working for the man forever (even freelance stuff is "working for the man"). I don't care about cool possessions or anything like that.

Why do you want more money in your life? Something tells me so that you can appear cool in front of others. But I hope I'm wrong about that.

Get those around you who attach their self-worth to money out of your life. Surround yourself with people who own nothing; hyper minimalists etc.

That's what I am. The only "possessions" I have are my 13 year old car, my laptops, and a few gaming consoles. I don't own anything else.

Are you around people like this?
no im not.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.