The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Negative customer feedback , help please.

ManlyMansNegator

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 29, 2018
Australia
Hey guys so i am trying to sell people counters to retailers and it seems a vast majority keep telling me that since they have Point Of Sales system its not extremely beneficial to them.Does anyone have any advice, should i just enter a new market looking to add new value?

Out of all i have called only one has said its beneficial and another recommended me to go into id scanners as they were much more useful.

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Disciple96

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 5, 2016
USA
Have you pinned down your target demographic?

Where are you sourcing your leads?

How many prospects have you reached out to?

What peripheral products/services could you upsell?

What makes your business unique?

Are you just selling for now? Or do you have a business model you are developing?

Congrats on taking real action. Your negative feedback is possibly more valuable than your positive or neutral feedback - it tells you where to go, and how to improve.

Have you read UnScripted ? If not - pick it up. You will find the answers to these questions if you don't have them already.

If you have read it, remember to comment in the thread to get your flair.

This sounds like an "orange gumball". Not a catastrophic event, but not a neutral event either. Just a reminder that you need to modify and adjust your current course.

Keep putting those quarters in (taking action) and eventually you'll get the elusive "golden gumball". But for now, it sounds like you're doing pretty good already!

I wish I had more specific advice for you. Best of luck.

ManlyMansNegator

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 29, 2018
Australia
Have you pinned down your target demographic?

Where are you sourcing your leads?

How many prospects have you reached out to?

What peripheral products/services could you upsell?

What makes your business unique?

Are you just selling for now? Or do you have a business model you are developing?

Congrats on taking real action. Your negative feedback is possibly more valuable than your positive or neutral feedback - it tells you where to go, and how to improve.

Have you read UnScripted ? If not - pick it up. You will find the answers to these questions if you don't have them already.

If you have read it, remember to comment in the thread to get your flair.

This sounds like an "orange gumball". Not a catastrophic event, but not a neutral event either. Just a reminder that you need to modify and adjust your current course.

Keep putting those quarters in (taking action) and eventually you'll get the elusive "golden gumball". But for now, it sounds like you're doing pretty good already!

I wish I had more specific advice for you. Best of luck.
First of all thanks alot!

My demographic was nightclubs but i found out those who had them didnt want to change it and infact most found it useless.One guy said he liked the ID scanners better since he kicked out trouble makers.Selling a useless product seems like a stupid thing to do so i pivoted on market.

I have instead went into retail but they also either have them or say they don't need it.
I have called around 60 people approximately 20 picked up.Of those who picked up quiet a few rejected it.I have read unscripted but i feel as if the concepts only revive themselves in practise. Especially the gumballs stuff.

I am selling right now, so i am cold calling while my partner is developing a website for the system.

Could you explain what you meant by the negative feedback is valuable? i would think its the opposite no?

Our uniqueness is through customer service, Website is really enticing and built by IBM qualified member and an artist.The product doesnt have much skew factors though.

Thanks again dude, Everything that MJ says doesnt make sense until i start doing things.

Last edited:

Disciple96

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 5, 2016
USA
First of all thanks alot!

My demographic was nightclubs but i found out those who had them didnt want to change it and infact most found it useless.One guy said he liked the ID scanners better since he kicked out trouble makers.Selling a useless product seems like a stupid thing to do so i pivoted on market.

I have instead went into retail but they also either have them or say they don't need it.
I have called around 60 people approximately 20 picked up.Of those who picked up quiet a few rejected it.I have read unscripted but i feel as if the concepts only revive themselves in practise. Especially the gumballs stuff.

I am selling right now, so i am cold calling while my partner is developing a website for the system.

Could you explain what you meant by the negative feedback is valuable? i would think its the opposite no?

Don't get down, closing rates in sales is commonly <1%. In fact, if you close 1/100 prospects, you're doing damn well.

An important thing to remember in sales is to really pin down that target demo. Who are they? How old, where are they located? What do they do in their free time? Do they have a family? Seriously - get as specific as possible.

Reread the section on building value and separating yourself from the competition. Consider using a modular script so you can hone in your pitch. Get in the habit of doing the pitch in person if you can, even try practicing it in the mirror!

I'll admit I'm not much of a salesman - in fact you may even be better at it than I am! These are just the basics of what I know. Marketing and sales go together like... peanut butter and ladies, to quote an excellent film.

Negative feedback is valuable because it tells you how you can improve. Neutral feedback and positive feedback (i.e. "it does the job" or "it really works great for me!" Are useful for knowing you're headed in the right direction, but they don't actually tell you what the problems are.

Our goal is always to solve problems and to keep improving that special sauce to help others. Negative feedback is usually the only kind of feedback that will outright shove those problems in your face, as uncomfortable as the reality may be.

But that's why it's so useful - while many hate "failure", we keep in mind that failure is the first step to identifying and solving the problems we encounter.

ManlyMansNegator

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 29, 2018
Australia
Don't get down, closing rates in sales is commonly <1%. In fact, if you close 1/100 prospects, you're doing damn well.

An important thing to remember in sales is to really pin down that target demo. Who are they? How old, where are they located? What do they do in their free time? Do they have a family? Seriously - get as specific as possible.

Reread the section on building value and separating yourself from the competition. Consider using a modular script so you can hone in your pitch. Get in the habit of doing the pitch in person if you can, even try practicing it in the mirror!

I'll admit I'm not much of a salesman - in fact you may even be better at it than I am! These are just the basics of what I know. Marketing and sales go together like... peanut butter and ladies, to quote an excellent film.

Negative feedback is valuable because it tells you how you can improve. Neutral feedback and positive feedback (i.e. "it does the job" or "it really works great for me!" Are useful for knowing you're headed in the right direction, but they don't actually tell you what the problems are.

Our goal is always to solve problems and to keep improving that special sauce to help others. Negative feedback is usually the only kind of feedback that will outright shove those problems in your face, as uncomfortable as the reality may be.

But that's why it's so useful - while many hate "failure", we keep in mind that failure is the first step to identifying and solving the problems we encounter.
Ahhh so if a customer says "we already have this...." or "does it do ... " thats opportunities to sell.I have focused on certain stores of a certain franchise as my target demographic, i think if <1% close i just need my first sale to get my value out there.

I will work on offering more skew values, what do you think about advertising on Facebook and would that be more effective than cold calling?

I also think the best mantra i have is in every call someone sells something.I either sell something to them or they sell me the notion they cant buy i.

ManlyMansNegator

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 29, 2018
Australia
Woah just got my first lead he told me to call him back in a few weeks and he is pretty interested in getting one after new years!He gave me his private number so that is a positive as well.

EXHILARATING!

Thomas Baptiste

Guide Yourself!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 8, 2018
Commonwealth of Dominica
Take a look at your target market. You should try clothing stores/department stores as well. I don't know about the USA, but locally most place a lot of value on counters here. PoS is nothing more than an excuse. They're telling you there's not enough value in it for them.

ManlyMansNegator

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 29, 2018
Australia
Take a look at your target market. You should try clothing stores/department stores as well. I don't know about the USA, but locally most place a lot of value on counters here. PoS is nothing more than an excuse. They're telling you there's not enough value in it for them.
I definitively saw this as an excuse as well.Department stores and clothing stores are my next niche.

Thanks dude!

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
I have called around 60 people approximately 20 picked up.Of those who picked up quiet a few rejected it

Your data set is far too small, you need to have called 500-1000 people before you can make any kind of judgement.

What if after the next 60 calls 20 pick up and say it's amazing, doe that mean the market is good?

Make more calls, divide them by sector and then gauge your response from there.

ManlyMansNegator

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 29, 2018
Australia
Your data set is far too small, you need to have called 500-1000 people before you can make any kind of judgement.

What if after the next 60 calls 20 pick up and say it's amazing, doe that mean the market is good?

Make more calls, divide them by sector and then gauge your response from there.
Yea i was thinking of trying department franchise after franchise.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.