The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need some advice - start up business

Tblock1985

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jul 31, 2019
Hey guys,

I come up with a lightbulb moment for a Mobile App idea a few months ago and eventually after some research, I managed to hire an American company to work on my concept and build my App.

Over the last few months, it’s taken shape slowly. My vision is slowly forming and it’s really exciting to see just an idea develop slowly into a potential MVP product. All
My visuals and ideas slowly unraveling into something I can actually see.

Anyway, we are currently at the prototype stage and will be in the stage of setting up my marketing website for potential sign ups, social media profiles and marketing strategies + revenue modules. Preferably want it to be making money the moment it goes live on the App Store, so getting sign ups is a must.

From then on, once I get a good market fit for the project, it will be onto funding and finding an Angel investor to help build the App completely, and start up the business. I want an ANGEL Investor to work with me in scaling the business, so not just someone who wants to throw money and wait for the profits. I’m halfway through fine tuning my business plan, so just need to add the marketing and revenue aspects of it, once we go to work marketing it.

My goal is to turn this into a business and I believe I have a mobile App that is not only a problem solver in a huge industry, but something that can potentially make a lot of money the right strategy.

I guess, I’m here to pick the brains of all you business owners and entrepreneurs. I just wondering if anyone can give me a bit of advice ? As a start up business owners you once were yourself.

Thanks Guys,

Daniel

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
When can you start making sales?

Tblock1985

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jul 31, 2019
When can you start making sales?

Andy , will be getting the user sign ups to my marketing website and targeting my customers through market research and social media with my developer. Then once it’s product market fit and a viable concept, will be pitching to Angel investors. I’ll have a company set up and all ready with Domain secured. Once I get the appropriate investor, the App gets built fully, then released into the App Store. With the market research I have done and sign ups, should start to make money the moment it goes live

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tblock1985

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jul 31, 2019
I'm no app developer and far from being an expert on lean startup methodology.

But, I think you're supposed to find market fit and start customer development before you build a prototype.

Building an App prototype is a little different mate. You need a prototype of your idea, otherwise it’s just an idea and investors will reject you. Go there with a full working prototype, business plan and enough marketing to prove its a a valuable concept, then you are more likely to get an investor on board. Plus you need a prototype to test on the market, to make sure people like your product.

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I'm pretty sure that the whole Lean Startup methodology was created so that you don't have to have a full working prototype before you find product/market fit.

There are many ways to validate an app with your market without actually building it.

There are cheaper and faster ways.

Consider reading:

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA